Rosebug's Diary [back on the chain gang~]

Oh they sound yum thanks x
brie is very low carb yes honey :)

Thank goodness, I'm a bit addicted to Brie right now. German salami slices, grilled till crispy, with Brie melted on top = better than cheese on toast!

omg what a good idea!!!

Well, yesterday's food:

2 mim cookies

4g carbs

Pork chop

0 carbs

Cream

2 carbs

Peanut butter

3 carbs

Salami and Brie

2g carbs

Which along with my drinks makes 17g

Before 8pm all I'd eaten were the cookies. I find it so hard to eat while rushing about, which is why I used to just grab crisps and chocs. I'm going to make a mim tomorrow and take that with, as taking meat or cheese isn't working out for me ( I get squeamish when it's not straight out of the fridge).

Today, so far, 1 spoonful peanut butter...

be careful you dont get poorly hon. you arent getting any vitamins from any veg and eating so late is bad.

I actually take some ridiculously strong medically prescribed base vitamins and calcium pills every day, plus a basic multivit -- just due to medical issues in my past. I do adore almost all veg but find cooking them such a hassle when I'm busy.

Totally agree on the eating so late thing, I just seem to find it so tough eating at college.

Today:

Spoonful of peanut butter & 30g Brie

3g carbs

Pack marks & sparks crispy bacon

0g

Spoonful mum's vegetable moussaka, minus the potato

4g carbs

5 slices pancetta, fried cabbage and leeks

3g carbs

Plus squash = 17g carbs

At least I packed my veg in today!

30g emmental and a spoonful peanut butter and mayo

4g carbs

MIM and 3 slices bacon

5g carbs

Salmon, watercress and snow pea omelette

4g carbs

Squash - 7g carbs

= 20g carbs.

Very tiring day, but roasting a chicken tomorrow & looking forward to that.

hahaha the emmental with mayo to dip in, and a spoonful of butter on the side, so sort of all together, yes.

Today's food:

5 slices pancetta, 3 small flat mushrooms, 30g brie

4g carbs

Chicken and Cauli

3g carbs.

Unless I run for a snack later and decide chicken won't do (aka have a bit of cheese) that should be it.

PLUS squash 6g carbs

Total:13g carbs

Very low day because tomorrow is likely to be a bit of a 'mare. Train to college at 7am, class 9am - 11am, break until 2, then class 2pm - 4:30 pm. Then train into central london for class 6:30pm - 9pm and should be home about 10:30 - 11 depending how lucky I am with busses and trains.

Plans for the day are, MORE CHICKEN for brekkie. Take a pack of crispy bacon for lunch and maybe get a small salad from the canteen - they're a bit rubbish there though. Probably a cheeseburger (no bun) either on my way through or back to Waterloo and then I'll collapse in bed, but will have a little more chicken if I'm starved.

Morning :D

What a rough day Fridays are. Still 5 hours until I'll be home. Had my chicken for breakfast, brought crispy bacon for lunch but I had 3 hours to kill between classes and really wanted something warm and more substantial. Flipping refectory doesn't even do burgers on a Friday as there is breaded fish or pizza to go with chips, or a pasta bake. I could have had lettuce and cucumber with a little pot of tuna mayo, that's it. I was just watching other people stuff chocolate wondering why they can do it and be so skinny, and I'm so flipping fat. I've never wanted a cheese toastie and bar of choc so much. Have resisted, but it's going to be rubbish doing this every week, might have to look for a cafe in twickenham where I can just get an omelette and read between classes. At last class of the day now, waiting for it to start, and really looking forward to a maccys cheeseburger on the way home.

I've been so cold and tired all day and just wanted something comforting.

Hi rosebug
Sounds like you had a tough day ((hugs))

Have you tried making bread with flaxmeal yet (think it's in the recipe thread)? I needed something to keep me going today so had flax sandwich with pepperoni plus some cheese on the side. Really filling and substantial and stopped me touching the buffet lunch on offer.

I agree its important to have backup plans so go find that cafe!

I love the mims but unfortunately digesting them makes my tummy growl like crazy, so they're totally out on college days. I just can't find anything I like and am happy with to take to college, and all anyone else seems to eat are crisps and chocolates. And then going through Waterloo which is just a giant sweet & pastry shop really. Even the Easter and valentine chocs are depressing me today. Logically I know chocolate doesn't taste better because it's in pretty wrapping, but I still want it. Being freezing cold and tired all day doesn't help much either - I got 3 1/2 hours sleep last night. Aaaaargh I just want something sweet and rubbish for me, in a stupid portion.

Today:

Chicken
0g

Baconstrips
0g

Small salad of leaves & greens, some sort of mayoish dressing

4g carbs at a guess

1/2 a bunless mcdo's big tasty
3g carbs? Guess.

2 cups of tea with milk, 1 with cream and half my usual squash: 7g carbs

Totally guessed total: 14g carbs

Morning rosebug. Hope you have a relaxing weekend planned to recover.

My current list of favorite things to carry to work or around:
Mini pepperamis
Pork crackling from poundshop ( there is one in twickenham)
Sugar free jelly pot
Chopped up parmesan
Celery ( nice and crunchy)

Doesnt really crack the satisfying lunch but definitely covers any hunger!

I used to do mini peperamis, Katie. Haven't bought any this time around as I remember getting sick of them, but I may have to buy a pack and ration carefully. It's much the same with the pork scratchings - or I just eat too many! But had been planning a trip to the pound shop. Maybe on mon. I was going to say I have issues taking a lot of food with me as I don't like things not fresh from the fridge, but there's a good m&s food place in twickenham, I could always go and buy mini cheeses there if desperate. Of course it now turns out I'll have plays to read during my breaks for the next 4 weeks, but if I can just hold out that long...

Today has turned out to just be chicken and prawns, reading and sleeping. Carb count of about 10. I'm rather physically weak still so long days take a lot out of me.

Tomorrow am being taken for a pub lunch by my parents. Already asked if we could defer for a few weeks but mum really wants to go. Also just asked if we could have just starters and mains rather than mains and puddings and she 'doesn't know'. It's not like they couldn't have pudding at home after. I'll be feeling really sorry for myself if I have to sit there while they eat exactly what I've been craving. Ah well.

Just weighed in for the week: 3lbs loss so I'm 13st 13lbs. Woo, a 13 on my scales (two, in fact). My weight does like to do the fluctuatey dance and who knows what will happen at lunch today so I'm not going to really feel I'm in the 13s until a few lbs down.

I know it's a dream to think I could hit the 12s by the end of feb, but it's a NICE dream. The 12s mean a lot to me because one of the many comments that has really effected me over the years was this man in a newspaper, probably 6 years ago or more saying that at least (an overweight celebrity) wasn't a disgusting 13 stone creature. I must have weighed 15 stone at least at the time and it just felt awful to read. So being under 13 will be lovely.

Food updated later when I know what it's been.

Hi Rosebug, hope you enjoy your lunch today - i'm sure you can find something even better than dessert on the menu (she says rather desperately as i know what you mean lol!). In fact we are out to dinner tonight with friends and families. Will be a party of about 12 at the local italian. I hoping to stuff myself on fish and steak so by the time dessert rolls by i'll be too stuffed to care :) there will however be copious amounts of wine.....

I've long since given up caring about how celebs look or comments on expected weights. In fact i dont know my weight in stone - i moved to kilos 20 years ago just to avoid that :D

Back