Rosebug's Diary [back on the chain gang~]

Good morning, what a fantastic post Rosebug, thanks

slimming world (put weight on!)
me too. was eating plates and plates of pasta!

Hope you get over your tiredness soon hon xxx

Updating from the train as I'll be too knackered by the time I get home. No idea how to quote things so - thanks everyone. On pills for 21 days or until my skin clears up, so roll on that. And re: slimming world - yes exactly! I could literally spend no sins at all and still get fat on pasta and Tom sauce.

Today was up and down. Was feeling a bit rubbish in the morning as in getting sick of wearing jumpers but hate how I look in anything else, but tried on a few things which inevitably leaves me feeling ugly. I love fashion but just can't find stuff I'm comfortable in. Anyway, then the day picked up as we got our results back from last terms work and I'm doing much better than expected. All firsts or high seconds.

Then down again because I hate the second lecture of the day and I had some sugar free chewing gum before it - big mistake, it made my stomach growl like a bear so loudly all the way though. Horribly embarrassing.

Then across London in the freezing cold to a very fun recording session, so a nice end to an up and down day.

Foodwise:

Body fortress whey protein shake
4g carbs

Atkins choc orange advantage bar
2g

Pork scratchings
0g

Bacon double cheeseburger no bun
3g??? (guess)

Tea and milk (several)
5g

Squash
6g

Total: 20g

Morning :D Any plans for the weekend or just relax & recover from a tough week?
Have fun
xx

Anyway, then the day picked up as we got our results back from last terms work and I'm doing much better than expected. All firsts or high seconds.

And well done on your results - shows that the commitment you are making is paying off. Congrats :)

My weekend plans mostly involve lazing around catching up with the tv I missed in the week (never have time to watch any)! And hopefully finish a couple of books. Not much in the way of exercise then, but honestly this weather just makes me want to hibernate. The wind yesterday was freeeezing. Glad you had a lovely evening, Katie. X

Have been doing random things like looking up the nutrition of fast food burgers without the bun. A mcdo's hamburger is only 90 calories without the bun, which surprised me. I know we don't overly count cals, but still interesting considering burgers are my Friday 'something warm to eat and run' necessity.

Where else do people eat when they're on the go? Pret do a couple of good salads, but it's too cold for those right now.

Also- very surprised and pleased with my school results, just would like to have seen this weeks hard dieting work pay off on the scales and it doesn't seem to be so far. I cut back on the cheese this week thinking it might help me lose but obviously not. Back to what I was doing in the first two weeks instead? Hmmm. Not sure. I also wonder about sweetners - I include any powdered splenda in my count, and also my NAS squash -- but I use a lot of candarel in tea as I only like it very sweet. The pill form are meant to have no carbs but I wonder if it adds up.

-- Have been looking up candarel. the tablets have 0.062 of a carb in them, so 10 candarel would be 0.62 of a carb, so between 16 and 17 candarel tabs would be one carb. On days when I might have 5 teas, this is actually something I should count, though I don't think it will have made much difference really.

Last edited:
food yesterday:

2 egg omelette, 2 portobello mushrooms, 30g brie

3g carbs

pack m+s crispy bacon

0g

ham and cheese

3g

cup of tea

2g

squash

6g

Total: 14g carbs

And finally the scales moved. 1lb loss this week. A loss is a loss but I really hope it's a bit bigger next week.

Having an indian tonight. No idea what to have as I sually have paneer tikka masala. Might try paneer tikka with no sauce, or chicken tikka with saag paneer but I've never had that before.

Food today:

Small amount of ham
0g

cup of tea

2g

1/2 mim with cream

5 g?

Chicken tikka pieces with saag paneer + lettuce + cucumber

(?)

Possibly a sugar free jelly later.

TOTAL: Not sure, hopefully not too much.

Saag Paneer - omg HOW is it the first time I have had this, it is delicious. It's listed as being spinach and paneer cheese - though I can spot some onion in there too and there must be something else. Sainsburys saag paneer has 12g carbs for 300g and I've had half the tub of whatever size they gave us at the indian. Sooo temped to scoff the rest though. I don't think it would havve been 300g in the tub but then I also don't know what exactly was in it that might not be in the sainsbury's one. The tandoori chicken shouldn't be bad. Anyway I might be over 20g but hopefully still under 30g.

...Awfully tempted to polish off the rest of the paneer with some steak tomorrow though! Hmm maybe.

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Hi Honey xxx how are you? mmm saag paneer sounds nice dont think ive ever had it!

Well I went right off the rails today, goodness me.

I ate:

Protein shake, cup of tea
4g

Diet coke, 2 fried egg yolks, big handful mushrooms in garlic butter, 3 slices bacon, 1.5 sausages. I expect the sausages were full of filler so I estimate...

8g

2 sula sugarfree choc & strawberry toffees. 1 sula sugarfree caramel. 1 thorntons diabetic Turkish delight bar. All ' low carb' stuff but sugar alcohols can really stall me and I'm not sure exactly what was in that haul. Estimate:

10g carbs

Peanut butter

2g carbs

Left over saag paneer

6g carbs

Totally guessed total Inc 6g squash:

36g carbs

Could be more, could be less, but a bad food day all round. Have given rest of the toffees to mum to be rationed and I'll have to do my best to be saintly tomorrow.

It was silly really. Went to Evans and bought jeans the next size down which fit perfectly, and a couple of things in primark. I want to be thin, not this lump I am. Must try harder.

Hi Rosebug. Dont beat yourself up sweetie - maybe just help your willpower a bit by putting temptations out of reach? I've decided that i have no willpower and get even worse once i have" just one". Therefore no "okayish" stuff in the house except DDs cupboard which i try to ignore!

Sleep well and "see" you tomorrow
X

Oh the toffees are all with my mum for rationing now, but i bought them today while I was shopping and hungry so it was a literal recipe for disaster. Ah well at least it wasn't real chocs (yet).

DEFINITELY better than 360, I'm just annoyed because I know the sugar alcohols affect me when I have too much and it seems so silly to possibly be stalled by something that wasn't even real chocolate. I at least want my moneys worth ;) we'll see what happens come Sunday, anyway.

Food today:

grilled salami with mozarella cheese

2g

10 hazelnuts
1g

1/2 marks and spencers ready to roast turkey breast
2g

2 cups of tea
4g

orange squash
6g

TOTAL: 15g

Might have another cuppa and sugarfree jelly before bed, taking me to 17g, we'll see.

Also just started my TOTM :/

No wonder you needed the sweeties!
Hope the fairy visits for this weeks wi:)

oh honey - totm is a bugger thats why you were craving the sweets!

Well I sleep listening to the radio, and there was an item about cadburys making dairy milk bars smaller. Sooo I fell asleep and dreamed I ate two of them! I suppose that's the best way to eat chocolate - in dreams. When I did cambridge I had occasional massive dream binges.

Feeling really rubbish today, worn down and just blah. Don't think I'm going to have any significant loss this week either, and I'm trying so hard. I really do need to lose faster than this but my GP would never sign off on another VLCD.

Food today:

Body Fortress Whey Protein Shake -- I need to either face up to the expense of buying atkins shakes or find a way to sweeten this with tablets. I'm using granulated splenda right now and it's too carby. I have shakes on college mornings because they're the safest thing for not making my tummy grumble.

6g carbs

2 x cup of tea

4g

5 strips pancetta, 2 egg omelette, portobello mushroom + mozarella

2g

Atkins choc orange bar

2g

coke zero

0g

squash

6g

TOTAL : 20g

Morning (well just about grump). Have a good day. :D

Tried a different protein shake today and it was utterly rank. Urrrrgh. On the other hand I discovered i can dissolve a few candarel tabs in the water I use, instead of using powdered splenda, so that should save a few carbs for tomorrow.

Cannot believe its friday again tomorrow. How did that happen?

Today:

cup of tea
2g

peanut butter
2g

pancetta slices, 2 boiled eggs with butter

1g

30g cheddar

1g

30g brie

1g

half a pack saucisson sec salami