Roughly how much weight do you have to lose to drop a dress size?

FaithFluro

Skinny (to be) Stef
I started at 19st 2lbs at a size 22

I'm hoping with the 7-10lbs I'll get to a twenty but I was just wondering how much weight is in between sizes? I know body shapes come into play a lot but I'm just interested in a rough estimate...maybe give your own weight change ratio to size change?

I think they say a stone a dress size but I have just got my first stone and am still in the same size although as my consultant pointed out my clothes where tight before so hopefully few more lb's and u will be there x

i have heard "a stone a dress size" too, but ive lost nearly 2st and ive only gone down 1 size! well sort of, i can get trousers done up ow that i couldnt before xXx

We've got the same starting weight but for me it definitely wasn't as little as 7-10lbs. Probably more like 1.5 - 2 stone. However, everyone's different and you'll be there before you know it - looks as though you've made a good start!

I agree with the 1.5 - 2 stone to drop a size but again depends on body shape I think - loose a jean size easily with just 7-8lbs loss but top size is as above 1.5 - 2 stone!!

I started out at 18st. I lost 2 stone before I could fit into a lower size, and I've now lost 3 stone and still in that one lower size... so three stone, one size for me. Although I'm hoping to move down again with another stone.

For me it's about 1.5 - 2st per dress size too.

I have lost 1st 10lb and am still the same size (20) I think I've definitely gone from a big 20 to a small 20 though as my clothes are much looser. The size 18 clothes I have are still a good couple of inches off doing up though :-(

It depends where you get clothes too... a size 20 in one place is an 18 in another.

My consultant said a dress size is about 10lbs. This was true for me, but many say its nearer a stone for them.

There's a really interesting thread on here called 'statistics - what size are you at what weight'. It's got lots of contributions from ppl giving their heights, weights and sizes - I found it fascinating, def worth a look.

Ps - I've lost 2 stone and 2 sizes but one of those sizes was in a month where I lost absolutely nothing! Bodies are strange! X

I've gone from a comfy size 18 to a 14 after losing over 3 stone and now they are getting lose. I could possibly squeeze into a 12 but haven't tried yet. May have to go and spend some more of hubbys money and give it a try lol! It did seem to take ages for me to lose a dress size!x

I started at 16st 1lb and a comfy 18 I've lost 3 and 1/2 stone and I'm currently a 14/16 depending on shop/fit of clothes. For me it took about 20lb before I moved down from an 18 to a 16 x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was a 26 when I started at 21stone and am now 14st 10lbs and about a size 18. It totally depends on the shop and cut of the clothes- I have a size 16top from one shop but am in 20s in primark. I think it takes me 1.5-2 stone to drop a size.

Supergirl1980 said:
I was a 26 when I started at 21stone and am now 14st 10lbs and about a size 18. It totally depends on the shop and cut of the clothes- I have a size 16top from one shop but am in 20s in primark. I think it takes me 1.5-2 stone to drop a size.

Well done this is amazing x

Your starting stats are very similar to me but I now have 14s & 16s from Primark, still a 16 in trousers due to my huge belly, they are now too big but I can't get into 14s yet.

Your starting stats are very similar to me but I now have 14s & 16s from Primark, still a 16 in trousers due to my huge belly, they are now too big but I can't get into 14s yet.

Wow, mrs thunderbolt, I can't wait until I'm not reaching for the back of the rail to find the biggest size in primark! Have you posed any photos? I'd love to see the difference in you.

I started at a size 16 and lost 2 and a half stone before I moved into a 14 however I am just another stone gone and am now nearly a size 12.

At over 13 stone my size 18s were tight :(
At 12 stone I was in size 16
At 11 stone I was in size 14
At 10 stone I'm between size 10 and 12

I've also done a lot of gym work that focused on losing weight from my chest and bum. :character00115: I've gone from a 34G (struggling to find bras that fitted, often trying on an H cup) to a 30E. Someone commented the other day that I've lost my "trademark" big bum. Thank god!!! I think the gym work really helped to go down the clothes sizes - it wasn't just the weight loss that did it.

Back