Round 2

Yesterday

Jedi Master
Hi All,

A few years ago I kept a diary here which really helped with motivation/support and was great to look back on.

http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting-diaries/254830-matts-journey-yesterdays-tomorrow.html

Some updates since I stopped posting in that thread.

I just updated my weight from 230lbs to 225lbs so I'm lighter than when I last logged on lol.

I finished posting around Dec 12 had some personal issues and in Feb 13 took 6 months off work to go travelling which was a great experience. When the wife and I got back we found out she was pregnant which was great news, we had sold our house prior to going travelling and ended up buying a new one that needed renovating. During that time I had no kitchen so ended up gaining weight.

Our daughter was born Feb 14 and in June 14 I finally rejoined slimming world weighed in at 257.5lbs which was 28lbs up over 18 months of not being a member but most of the weight was put on in the last few months of 2013.

I'm now back down to 225lbs, weight loss for me feels really slow. My last diary shows I did everything I could think of to drop weight faster, exercising 5hrs a week, cycling to work, counting calories. Nothing seems to improve the weightloss, I average 0.9lbs a week. Which I know is OK but feels like it takes forever to get anywhere.

Current goal is to continue with slimming world, introduce some light exercise ie walking, and restart weight training.

I've decided to be brave a post a kind of before and in between photo. The reason being in my last diary I wasn't brave enough and had a load of pictures that I was taking each month, while I was traveling I lost the USB drive they where stored on so they are gone forever now.

BeforeAfter.JPG

Oh and today is my weight in day.

The last week has gone well I think, though the scales at home seem to be stuck which is a bit frustrating.

I bought a fitbit and have been using myfitnesspal.

It recons my calorie in vs calorie out had a deficit of over 7,000 calories which should be 2lbs, we will see, not getting my hopes up.

Hi good luck for your weigh in, and good luck on 'this' journey:)
I am thinking of getting a Fitbit, what one do you have and is it easy to use? And see your progress etc?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi good luck for your weigh in, and good luck on 'this' journey:)
I am thinking of getting a Fitbit, what one do you have and is it easy to use? And see your progress etc?

Hi Zafira,

I have Fitbit Flex its easy to use, just stick it on your wrist and then it syncs to phone or computer, takes a few minutes to set but otherwise its automatic.

I don't think its quite as good as I thought it would be the sleep tracking isn't great, its definitely more of a step counter than anything else. I guess its more convenient than writing down the daily steps.

If you use myfitnesspal you can link it to your account and it adjusts your calories based on your activity which is pretty clever. The website and App are pretty good, and you get these little reports emailed each week.
Report.JPG

Hi Zafira,

I have Fitbit Flex its easy to use, just stick it on your wrist and then it syncs to phone or computer, takes a few minutes to set but otherwise its automatic.

I don't think its quite as good as I thought it would be the sleep tracking isn't great, its definitely more of a step counter than anything else. I guess its more convenient than writing down the daily steps.

If you use myfitnesspal you can link it to your account and it adjusts your calories based on your activity which is pretty clever. The website and App are pretty good, and you get these little reports emailed each week.
View attachment 169493

Thanks for that :)
Am still checking out the different types and looking at reviews.....so hard to decide sometimes! :)

Gained half a pound this week...I didn't get to weight in last week due to work so in 2 weeks not seen any downward movement which is disappointing. I was half expecting it, the scales have been really weird at home usually they show me 3lbs heavier in the evening than in the morning but last couple of weeks they show me the same weight morning and night.

I must be doing something wrong.

Just looking at my food diary on myfitnesspal, does it look awful?

Thursday -
  • Lunch 200g chicken breast, 125g of rice -
  • Dinner Slimming world Iceland meatballs, half a jacket potato
  • Snacks 2 apples
Friday
  • Breakfast 2 weetabix and 120ml of semi-skimmed milk
  • Lunch 250g roast chicken
  • Dinner 350g roast chicken - birds eye steamed veg
  • Snacks 1 crumpet - half a bag of maltesers a big bag.
Saturday
  • Lunch Cheats macaroni cheese
  • Dinner Iceland SW Chicken Tikka - Birds eye rice fusion - Birds eye veg
  • Snacks - 2 bananas 1 apple
Sunday
  • Breakfast 2 crumpets
  • Lunch at the inlaws so homemade chipatis and potato bombay style - inlaws are indian so lots of oil going on in the cooking
  • Dinner - none to make up for lunch
  • Snacks - A screwball.
Monday
  • Lunch 350g roast chicken & salad with pizza express light sauce
  • Dinner 350g roast chicken & fusions rice
Tuesday - Had to go into our london office
  • Lunch Pork Baguette & Eat Natural bar
  • Dinner 2 Shapers low calorie chicken wraps
  • Snacks I did have 3 pints of lager after work
Wednesday
  • Breakfast Wholemeal Toast
  • Lunch 4 boiled eggs with a salad homemade

I think over this next week I am going to go back to making Slimming World recipes since the Iceland ones came out I have been having maybe 5 a week instead of cooking. I have found them really convenient but I think I will look for recipes I can freeze myself and make my own, typically I do better on Red days and I think the meals may be geared toward extra easy.

Want to break through to 15 stone something next week.

Hmmmm
Doesn't look toooo bad...
But Have you been checking syns etc?
And it looks like you could do with some more speed foods?
Do you write everything down in a notebook?
And check syns, and weigh what you have to?

It may help along with adding more speed veg and fruit etc?

3.5lbs off this week which is pretty awesome.

On Sunday I changed tactic a bit, usually I make slimming world meals and because you can eat as much as you like I normally end up eating the lot, even if its for 4 people :rolleyes:. Since Sunday though I cooked up 2 meals and froze 7 portions, and have been having 1 for lunch and 1 for dinner with 100g or veggies. Seems to be working, so will keep it up.

Picked up my 2 and a half stone award though really it puts me on 5st 11lbs total loss, and moves me into the 15st bracket :D.

Managed to get another 1lb of this week, pleased with that.

The week went ok, I had my nephew stay over at the weekend so there was pizza and some chocolate floating around, plus I went out for drinks at work last Thursday. So can't really complain. Also I bought crumpets thinking he would have them but he doesn't like them and I didn't realise they had 4.5 syns in each...

Hoping for this next week to be a good one, we go on holiday for 2 weeks next Sunday so next Wednesday will be last weight in, this weekend will be spent getting holiday stuff sorted out. So should mean no distractions.

Back