RTM on LLL

Only me

I am following the LLL plan. Out of curiosity what is the Route to management for the lighter life lite? Is it the same as the Lighter life? Thanks

Hi - just to set a response going - I think the LLL RTM is only four weeks while the LL RTM is 12 weeks. On LL myself but I'm sure someone who knows more about LLL will be along soon. xx

Yes, it's only 4 weeks but don't forget because of your meal a day your body is already used to some foods. You need the longer time in LL because you've NO foods at all.

RTM is very important or you will kick into body panic mode and it will store foods and demand you give it more rather than use what you give it properly.

Week one - no change?

Many thanks for that. The first week doesn't look any different though, eg, 200g quorn etc, that's what i have now. Also the increase in the veg? Thought there were no limits to veg on LLL so long as they are on the list? x

Oh! Of course there is a limit! :D
They give you a guide line of a small bowl of vegetables, of course you may have a bit more - but as I found out - unlimited vegetables do slow down the weight loss! After all; a bucket of veg is still going to equal to quite a lot of calories!
When I started weighing it and making sure that the vegetables, salad PLUS the protein portion of my meal did not exceed the 250-300 calorie mark, I was fine. :)

The daily calories should be about 800-850 (that's foodpacks, milk, and the meal). Once you exceed this margin you may very well get kicked out of ketosis for longer than expected. (i.e. we all get kicked out of ketosis after a meal - no matter what it is, be it a shake or food - but the length of time/calories consumed - I suppose dictate how long it takes us to get back into that state of burning fat instead of consumed goods for energy).

Hope this helps. ... and indeed, Week 1 of RTM is rather bland - however, doesn't it introduce pulses, and beans? They are exciting stuff! I never had any previous experience with them, now I can't live without a few tins of chickpeas, butter-beans, baked beans and lentils in my cupboard! Very filling, energy dense and satisfying. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I have a modest amount of veg anyway and of course i stick to the ones on the list. I couldn't eat to much at one sitting anyway:sigh:

However, quoting from my book it says
"Aim for a cereal bowl - 14cm-18cm diameter, this is simply a guide, and if you want more, that's absolutely fine"

I guess that the work on the assumption that we all have shunk stomaches and cant eat too much anyhow! :D

Thanks for your kind words, I'm really hoping I feel better soon.

To Minerva, Ketosis confusion??

The daily calories should be about 800-850 (that's foodpacks, milk, and the meal). Once you exceed this margin you may very well get kicked out of ketosis for longer than expected. (i.e. we all get kicked out of ketosis after a meal - no matter what it is, be it a shake or food - but the length of time/calories consumed - I suppose dictate how long it takes us to get back into that state of burning fat instead of consumed goods for energy).

[/QUOTE]

Hi Minerva
I have quoted above from you post. After speaking with my LLC I have been told that on the plan you NEVER go out of ketosis and that is how the plan works. Even after shakes , bars etc there is not enough carbs in them to ever get you our of ketosis. Thought I should post this as it was a little misleading.

Hi Minerva
I have quoted above from you post. After speaking with my LLC I have been told that on the plan you NEVER go out of ketosis and that is how the plan works. Even after shakes , bars etc there is not enough carbs in them to ever get you our of ketosis. Thought I should post this as it was a little misleading.

Heya :)

Understandably, of course.
Ketosis isn't really a static process I don't think. I have read articles which suggest the coming out of that particular 'fat-burning' process after the introduction of food to the system; regardless of it's content. However, I did read some evidence that the ketosis state will stop if a certain amount of calories are exceeded (i.e. 850ish - depending on the individual) - regardless of what the substance induced was (i.e. a "carb-less" substance).
It all becomes fairly scientific, and may even come down to individual body chemistry. Some people on LL purchase Keto-Stix, and while some find it a useful tool, some find that the ketones don't show up when they test for it at certain periods of time - despite the other very measurable fact that they are still losing weight fairly steadily.

I'm not a biochemist or a biologist by any stretch, but perhaps you could do some background research also. You have to remember that your LLC isn't a biochemist either and she follows orders (and receives all her information - which is designed to keep the customer happy) from the higher power which are the LL group - and as a large organisation they can only predict what will happen on a general assumption that you are an 'average' individual who statistically loses an 'x' amount of weight if you follow 'y' set of rules. In every day terms, this model may not apply to absolutely everybody; I have known people in Abstinence Foundation to lose 5st! Yet LL says you will lose at least 3 st by the end of these 12 weeks. Personally I am a very slow loser - and only lost 2st 13.

So in these terms - look at the individual, and don't fully 100% what anyone tells you - including me! :p

Back