Rug Doctor

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
Evening peeps, I have had a great day sorting wardrobes and chucking stuff out that I have hoarded for 3 million years, wow feels great! But.....
now I have the cleaning bug and am going to clean my carpets tomorrow with a rug doctor, so would apprecite any tips, comments etc on them if anyone has used it. My carpets (were) are beige but you wouldn't notice they are so dirty so I'm hopeing they will come up like new. Have told hubby and kids when they come back from Cornwall they better learn to hover cos they ain't gonna be walking on my carpets again lol.

Never used a rug doctor honey (only carpet in our house is on the stairs lol) but I will wish you the best to get them all shiny and new!

It's a good workout I would imagine - so it's helping the home and you :)

Well done for the cleaning spirit - I'll PM you my address... hehehe ;-)

rug doctors are amazing- sorry no tips on how to use them, but the cleaners have them at work n they are absolutely FAB hehehe good luck
laura xx

Yep i've used one. Very easy and very good. You get instructions the main thing is to not use too much of the detergent and change the water regularly (it's disgusting). Brought my carpets up lovely, and after a hoover were nice and soft too :)

Yep i've used one. Very easy and very good. You get instructions the main thing is to not use too much of the detergent and change the water regularly (it's disgusting). Brought my carpets up lovely, and after a hoover were nice and soft too :)

Thanks Chuffy, thats what I wanted to hear, cann't wait now to get em done.

I thought you were talking about saving toupees!:eek:

Were hiring a carpet cleaner this weekend, as our dog has been a little poorly and had a couple of accidents, scrubbed as best as i could but you can still see a patch, does anyone know if they are any good with this kind of stain?

Xxxx

We hired one just before xmas. I brought one bottle of cleaner and it did the whole house and the beige carpet in the front room twice. My tip would be to put your heating and fire on as it leaves the carpet slightly damp.
does anyone know if they are any good with this kind of stain?
Not sure about animals put I have twins which are even worse! It brought most of the stains out but I did have to get on my hands and knees and use the attachment.

I would rent one again:D

Thanks Triple trouble, am happier about spending the money now, fingers crossed it works :0) x

worth every penny, I usually hire one with a friend or sister and do two houses and split the cost, it really doesnt take long and brings the carpets up great

I do the same as eye6769. Me and friend go halves on a the rental and do both houses.

They work brilliantly. They're pretty easy to use. You'll figure it out as you go along. Try not to use the spray too long on one spot or it'll soak your carpet. Plus it's a good idea to go over it (without the spray on) lots of times to suck up as much of the wet from the carpet as possible. Then leave the doors and windows open and it should all be dry in no time.

I cann't believe how clean my carpets have come up, they really do look like new. It even got oil stains out and that I wasn't expecting to shift easily if at all. My only dissapointment with rug doctor is you have to change the water what seemed like every 5 mins and that annoyed me. My arms and hands hurt from doing it though so its a good work out on the muscles. I did it Friday Thursday and I am stll suffering today quite a lot of pain. Oh well xx

Back