Ruining it at weekends

Sweetie_Jo

Ok, ive been doing this diet a month now and still havent completed a full week. As soon as it gets to the weekend i eat! I do so well all week too!

I know its down to will power and mind set but this is something i cant seem to break!

I try to keep busy at the weekends but feel like im 'missing out' because other people are eating and im not even though i can do it for the other 5 days of the week.

Does anyone else do this? And advice please?

I really struggle with the weekends too, im busy working in the week and it doesnt seem so hard to stick to then , but I think I always associate the weekend with treating myself to lots of nice food , it helps if you have no social life , which I currently dont anyway lol

what have your losses been like so far?

Because i have been breaking it i am only down 3 pounds from one month! I weigh myself mid week and have been down 7 pounds but then it all goes back on at the weekend.

I think i might just lock myself away in a cupboard every weekend!

I'm really lucky because my husband is doing this with me so I only have to cook for my two boys! Are you doing 3 or 4 packs during the week? If you do 4 during the week could you do 3 packs and a meal at the weekend? I had my inlaws visit for the weekend a couple of weeks back and we went out for meals and had a takeaway and I still lost 3lbs that week. I had 3 packs those days and then made a sensible choice for the meal out (chicken & bacon salad, salmon salad and a chicken kebab with salad minus the pitta bread) and didn't feel I missed out at all. Try different things and see what works for you.

I hear you, something about the weekends i find really hard on any diet i have done. This weekend was really really hard because of the gorgeous weather and all the BBQ's i could smell, the ice cream vans about, then just got it in my head that i wanted a Chinese and was thinking about how it would taste etc... was very grumpy for a few hours over it haha :)

I find it harder at weekends but I do stick to it as I know that it's the only way I'm going to shift the weight. It's a bit of a waste doing it rigidly during the week and blowing it at weekends to be honest. It is a struggle but the sacrifice has to be worth it to you and if you're not in the right mindset to really want to shift the weight with a VLCD then you won't. Maybe you could allow yourself an extra protein meal at weekends so that you feel that you're allowing yourself a bit of slack? It will add to the calories but better than just caving and will keep ketosis.

i understand completely especially when your invited out for a drink and you have to sit there drinking water lol but the way i think of it is all the money id be wasting by ruining it and all the extra weeks im going to have to pay for by not loosing as much as i should be! i had one day off after 2 weeks which turned into 3 it was horrible and i gained 2lb at the end of the week weigh in and though i know its only water weight and i should loose that and mor by sat morning it still upset me because that was about £30 worth of food id wasted! silly me!

maybe make up some jellys using flavoured water an gelatine for the weekend and treat yourself to lots of coke zero to make it feel like your having treats! also when im feeling extra peckish i have scrambled egg with a bit of the milk allowance 2 eggs and an extra 1 or 2 egg whites if im feeling really nibbly and naughty! the whites are pure protien and only 16kcal so its really not as naughty as it seems but it feels like your eating loads!! good luck with motivating yourself!

ooo forgot to add that another treat is using the milk allowance adding sweetners and heating it up it is a gorgeous night time drinky snack and so lush tht even my OH has become addicted! (granted he has honey instead of sweetner)

Last edited:
Weekends are a tough time for alot of us and with the weather improving the bbq's etc begin.
This plan like an VLCD requires alot of willpower to get you through the first 3-4 days, once Ketosis kicks in for me its a case of not wanting to knock that out - do you really want to feel rubbish every week trying to get back into it :eek:

Deezer recommended me to write a list of my goals / reasons for doing this. I did this and wow it really keeps you focused. I have it on my iphone which goes everywhere with me but perhaps sticking it on your fridge with a photo of you at the start.

I have a special weekend coming up which im umming and arring about whether to try to stay on plan or off. Coming off plan comes with the consequences of the weight gain and having to get back into ketosis and as BG added the time when you could have been losing weight.

Try to visualise where you'd like to be in 4 weeks - a stone lighter ;) you know its more than achieveable sweetie.

Stick with it, once you've managed one good weekend it will spur you on to keep going :)

Big hugs and good luck
xx

Thanks guys :)

I know if i can get through just 1 weekend i will be fine!

Maybe this week will be the weekend i do it lol i hope so anyway!

If i'm struggling i eat on a Sunday.... but i make REALLY good choices..... Couple of rashers of bacon and scrambled egg..... (All protein) Then have chicken and veg (Sunday dinner) and if I'm hungry in between i have a shake, bar or whatever...... befor you know it you'll be in ketosis and wont be that bothered....

Ceratain sacrifices have to be made hun if you want the weight off.... Meals and drinks and stuff will still be there when your done hunni....

Its all or nothing otherwise you wasting your money sweetie!!!

: ) X

If i'm struggling i eat on a Sunday.... but i make REALLY good choices..... Couple of rashers of bacon and scrambled egg..... (All protein) Then have chicken and veg (Sunday dinner) and if I'm hungry in between i have a shake, bar or whatever...... befor you know it you'll be in ketosis and wont be that bothered....

Ceratain sacrifices have to be made hun if you want the weight off.... Meals and drinks and stuff will still be there when your done hunni....

Its all or nothing otherwise you wasting your money sweetie!!!

: ) X
I burn off the extra cals though!! Lol...

So if i was too just eat extra protein, would i still remain in ketosis but maybe lose a little less?

Deezer you seem like a pro at all of this lol

Yes, if you ate a little extra protein at the weekends you would stay in ketosis and still lose weight albeit a bit less than if you had stuck to plan. I've stepped up a bit as I'm approaching goal and now allow myself 800 calories and 60g of carbs per day. I use My Fitness Pal to log everything to ensure that I don't go over that now that I'm not on packs only. You might find that doing that at the weekend works better for you whilst sticking religiously to plan during the week. As Deezer days, don't waste your money if you're going to go completely off plan every weekend. A diet like this just won't work like that and you'll just make yourself unhappy trying to lose weight.

Thanks so much everyone! Im restarting today so having my shakes and a egg and mushroom omelette to get me through the first couple of days.

Ive never really been starving hungry on this diet. It really is just mind over matter and eating for the sake of it :(

I feel your pain :wave_cry: weekends are tough on a VLCD especially with BBQ wafting through the air!! I tend to become a total recluse, I feel safer when I avoid all weekend temptations. If I had one glass of wine I know it would end in a 5 day bender (its all or nothing with me:eek::eek:) but we have to keep telling ourselves it WILL be worth it eventually and have a great S&S plan to help us achieve our targets.

I consider myself fortunate to have discovered S&S, simply for the variety and of course value for money. I cannot believe I managed Cambridge SS for 12 weeks on just 3 shakes per day :eek::eek: thank the lord for slim and save mealpacks.

Good luck on your restart. :)

So if i was too just eat extra protein, would i still remain in ketosis but maybe lose a little less?

Deezer you seem like a pro at all of this lol

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get into ketosis.... then things are much easier!! X

Good luck!

as with lots of people i find weekends hard,

how ive been getting around it is to keep myself very very very busy sat and sunday,

saturdays my son and I go to Tae Kwon Do and I have a litre of water before and another during as its a tough work out sometimes, then i have a crispy shake with milk and ice to make it extra thick and creamy whilst my son has beans on toast as im not so keen on them lol, then we take our dog for a good long walk / my son scoots and before i know it that brings us up to about 4 pm, then i make my son his tea and have a soak in the bath as he watches a film and eats ( usually i eat with him but not at the weekend as i find it too hard) then we snuggle up and do his home work or reading, then we watch a film together and he had a few treats and i have a bar and cucumber sticks and then its his bed time ..... so thats saturday....

Sunday we get up later, we walk our dog, we go food shopping ( after i have had my fave choc crispy shake milk and ice) and then we go to my parents for sunday dinner, i have chicken and veg and water lol then when it comes to pud time i usually pop out again with my dog just 20 mins or so......i just cant sit through watching them eat apple pie and custard, i feel like leaping across the table to get to it! they are very understanding and dont mind

then in the afternoon we go swimming ( i just stand there in the pool really as my son is learning to swim, he is only 5) then off home , we play Wii games together for an hour or so then its bath times and a light tea for jacob and a shake for me and then bed....

easy ( for me) the weekends done! week days are far more relaxed with alot less rushing about but easier to cope with as im working during the day jacob is at school and i choose meals i dont like for him to eat ( he like them lol)

for jacob i choose foods that he likes that im not so keen on so particularly fish meals during the week for him tuna pasta bake, fish fingers, fish pie, then just other bits i dont like such as veggie burger beef pancakes, same for treats etc he love ginger nuts i hate them, milk biscuits yuk! so there is no temptation.... :) i only let him have them as a treat as well, dont want him having my food issues when he gets older :(

hope you find a way that works for you x sorry for waffling on x

Back