Rules

dunlop73

Silver Member
Why do people keep asking about things they know the answer to? The beauty of LT is that the rules are really easy - it is TOTAL FOOD REPLACEMENT so no: you can't have a salad. Neither can you put milk in your tea, or flavouring in your water.
Sorry, but we have to be strict about it. If you can't hack it, maybe LT is not right for you.
Believe me I know it's not easy, but we have to acknowledge that we are (most of us, anyway) food addicts - like alcoholics or drug addicts. The problem is that we will have to face food again. LT allows us a complete break from worrying about what we eat or drink. The shakes and soups and flapjacks are boring and bland because they are supposed to be. We are not supposed to like them. If we did we would crave them and then not be able to beat our addictions. I believe that is why there are so few variations - I think it's deliberate, and what's more I think it works.
Losing weight is the easy bit - keeping it off is much harder and will only work if we take it seriously, obey the rules and re-train our addicted brains that we DO NOT need rich fatty foods.

Please don't misunderstand me - I am lecturing myself as much as anyone. I don't want to critcise anyone or make anyone feel bad, but food has done some bad things to us, and we have to stop depending on it.

If we do LT properly there is a chance we might beat it once and for all.

Jon
xx

Why do people keep asking about things they know the answer to? The beauty of LT is that the rules are really easy - it is TOTAL FOOD REPLACEMENT so no: you can't have a salad. Neither can you put milk in your tea, or flavouring in your water.

Losing weight is the easy bit - keeping it off is much harder and will only work if we take it seriously, obey the rules and re-train our addicted brains that we DO NOT need rich fatty foods.

People ask because they want opinions. Sure they know the 'rules' but some are curious. All you can do is give them your constructive opinion or not bother replying/reading their threads.

Losing weight really is the easiest part of it all, i agree. Maintaining is the hardest thing. Im just over a week into maintainence and already wish there were very few options and already wish that LT could have retrained my way of thinking totally but in reality it doesnt.

The retraining of your way of thinking about food changes once you start eating again. Its all too easy to say 'im not going to eat this this or this' but in a real world you probably are, at some point going to end up eating that! Its all about moderation and finding a balance that works for you.

Oh God am I turning into a food fascist? Sorry - had a really bad day and you've hit the nail on the head as always. The truth is I'm getting scared about coming off LT. I am trying SO hard to do it all right and hanging onto LT like it's some sort of religion, but what the hell will happen when it's over? If I'm not re-training now how will I do it?
Friends have suggested cognitive therapy, or even hypnotherapy. I have done WW and Atkins and as soon as I came off them the weight (or most of it at least) came back. I really hoped that abstinence would sort me out but I'm becoming unsure. Moderation has always been my problem - I'm an all or nothing kind of bloke and have to change that.

Sorry

Jon
xx

I dont know why you are appologising?! lol

Lipotrim, as amazing as it is really doesnt prepare you that much for when you start eating again. Refeeding does some work but then its down to you. I suppose its a question of what do you want more, to put all that weight back on you worked so hard for to get off or to stay happy and healthy?

You could give therapies a go they might find a deeper issue as to why you turn to food but you'll never know enless you try :)

And hey, this forum is great for a good ol :whoopass: if you step outa line! :giggle: x

Have to say, I believe LT can become a bit of a crutch. It is no magic wand at the end of the day. Tanya, as you can testify, being out in the real world again is bloody hard!! Apart from any food addictions, many are just the type that every morsel they eat goes straight onto their hips.
I have been trying hard to think about eating habits in general, not just my own. So much of our lives revolves around food/drink. We meet people for lunch, dinner, coffee and always want to over consume. When we go out shopping, we have to have the snacks/coffee/lunch whatever. Have you ever really looked at all the stodge that is on offer in shopping centres etc. Even healthy choices are calorie laden and probably designed to make us want more.
I hope when I start eating again that I can remember all this and avoid the pitfalls. It won't be easy but endeavour, we must. As they say here, God loves a trier!!!

Jon everything you said is true. I totally understand that you are getting worried about eating again its very natural. I started refeeding today and like you i thought i was doing most of the work while on liprotrim and i really think my outlook has changed dramatically because i paid attention not only to my own food habits etc but also others around me it has helped me alot. but after i had had my last lunch time shake today the chocolates were sent around the office of course i didnt take any but i did find my mind wandering to why not just one exactly wat i used to do why not just one chinese a week etc. I had to pretty much give myself a kick in the arse and i gave out hell to myself haha i know im weird. but dat happened on the first day of refeed god i hadnt even had food yet.

Tanya and Irish Molly are so right the easy part is the tfr and losing weight because you dont have any temptation dats why it works. But the maintainance is all about YOU your mind your control your choice. Yes you will make some bad ones and eat crap you know you shudnt but so do thin people. Its about knowing wen to say no.

You will get there and if you think maybe you have some things you need to sort out so you are able to find out how to stop yourself you shud definitely look into talking to someone. Coz i know i wud feel horrible if i gained back all the weight ive lost.

Dont panic just face the realities that food is our addiction and unlike alcholics and smokers we must have food as part of our lives(Guy from lipotrim cd says this) so we must learn to control ourselves.

You will get there and being on this forum where people can kick our butts and pull us back from self sabotage is definitely a vital step on a long journey.

Back