Rumours of a Newcastle butcher with syn free sausages!!!

I asked the man about it and he said it was official...unless he was just saying it for business :S glad i didn't buy anything yet then...!

On a brighter note...when I was asking the man...Ashley the Vicar from Emmerdale was next to me and he said "Slimming World...you don't need that, I'm sure, you're lovely"...claim to fame and AWW. lol x

I have been to the grainger market and bought these before. I spent a fortune. I got burgers, sausages (which is half a syn for 3 sausages) and the mince. I have to say everything was really nice, ideal for a barbeque. My mam got the chicken burgers but we havent tried these yet. I would recommend them but they are a bit pricey.

Oh no you are all desserting poor Joe and his sausage...was it not thick or tasty enough...:8855:

Ok we seem to have a difference of opinion :eek:

My C has checked and according to her he was stripped of his accreditation and has still not got it back according to her "sources" he is not listed as an official supplier on the website, whether thats the sw consultant website i'm not sure or whether its the one we have access to i'm not sure either.

Think I will give it a wide berth and keep making my own burgers etc. :D

Arghhhh! My other half hates going to Newcastle but I might make him!!! :D

Edit - oh noes! I hope it's true!

awwwww my word - gotta find out for sure

I emailed SW myself and she has said she will gladly find out for me but needs the name of the butcher!!!
Does any one know please?

Im from Belfast and wee have a butcher here thats does his own syn free sausages. Im not a big fan of sausages but i actually quite like these. Well worth the try. And if you cook them in an Actifry (FryLite type thing) then they blow out like a chippy sausage.

Cheers geordie girl - then I'll email them again and let everyone know for sure x

Excellent I will email again now and keep you updated x

Even better girls Joes Sausages you order on line they are ABSOLUTELY OUT OF THIS WORLD, he does various sausages, sausagemeat, chinese chicken, pork, peppered chicken or beef, grill sticks, burgers. I do the order for my SW group in Gateshead which is not far for those who dont know from Newcastle but I would never go there Joes is a million times better.

Got this reply from SW today -

Hello Jennifer
Thank you for your email. I've spoken to A & J Quality Meats and they were unaware that our procedures had changed as they only purchased the stall recently. Unfortunately, at the moment we have asked them to remove any Syn values as we are unable to confirm that they are correct without an upto date ananlysis report.
Wishing you every success with your slimming campaign.
Best Wishes
Julie Shaw
Member Services
Silmming World

Thanks for doing that Jen! We can but hope they go through the procedures to get reinstated!

Thanks Jen, and to dimrie for the tip off about the butcher in Whitley Bay. I'm back in that neck of the woods very often so will have to give them a try :)

Back