Running (again)

lunar jim

Gold Member
Well...

I've made the team! The organiser just phoned and I'll be representing my PCT area in the thing :D

I obviously mentioned the hernia; not a problem, the training doesn't start until November anyway.

Once they'd read my story and seen the 'before and now' pictures they were very keen to have me on board!

Apparently this year's event is going to receive loads of press with the local papers and TV on board, bit scary lol

So I need to sit and heal, not pile loads of weight back on, and then get to work.

Bit nervous now...

congratulations hun thats brilliant news now you just need to heal so make sure you do as you have been told i know what you men are like xx

That's brilliant! And it gives you a goal to work towards. Just dont do too much too soon. Give yourself a chance to heal properly.
But rather you than me with the TV & publicity. I'm a card carrying camera dodger!:8855:

That's brilliant! And it gives you a goal to work towards. Just dont do too much too soon. Give yourself a chance to heal properly.
But rather you than me with the TV & publicity. I'm a card carrying camera dodger!:8855:

Apparently they've got a 5km run lined up five weeks after we start training IIRC :eek:

Apparently they've got a 5km run lined up five weeks after we start training IIRC :eek:

You will be fine thats the same as the race for life and I managed to lollop round that in 45 mins with no training and carrying 17 stone so you should breeze it.
You won't make a fool out of yourself as you are doing it instead of sitting at home saying I bet i could do it AND you have the faith of your loved ones and all of us behind you xxx

Back