Running anyone?

Suziesparkles

Anyone else out there a runner?
I love to run, and am currently in training, I have the Great North 10k in two weeks time which I'll do fine in, then in 10 weeks I have the Great North Run!
I'm currently running 4 days a week, completing 5 miles on Monday, Wednesday & Friday, and a long run on a Sunday, this morning was 8 miles, not too bad a run either!
I did the GNR last year for the first time in 2:47:38, and am aiming for under 2:40 this year!
Last year I got a charity place but this year I have guaranteed number so running for my own chosen charity, Wansbeck SCBU where my darling twin daughters were born, they're nearly 9 now and in great health but had an early entrance into the world so this is my way of saying thanks to the Unit for all they did for us.
So, if anyone else is a runner, whether in training or not, I'd love to give and receive some online support in here!

i wouldnt call myself a runner, but i started couch 2 5k 5 weeks ago and i can now run for 20 minutes without stopping, big achievement for myself.

yoy sound like u r doing really well and its fab to read stories of what can be accomplished with a little hard work

I would call you a runner if you go out and run! A walk run programme was how I started my training last year after a 4 year break from running!
It's tough going at times but the buzz after a run makes it worthwhile plus it's obviously really helping boost my weight loss!
Keep going and you'll get to the point where you don't need to walk at all to get through 3 miles, and that's such a good feeling!

Back