Running

Capirossi

Morning.

Does anyone here run? I have been meaning to start for ages and ages, but still haven't got around to it!!

I have come across this beginners guide and thought I would give it a go: Beginner 5km programme

For those already running, how often do you run? How long for? Where do you run? Do you run alone? Do you wear a pedometer (just been reading the walking challenge thread!)?

I'd appreciate any advice and motivation you can supply :p!

Cheers,

Nat
x

Hi, I've done something similar to the running programme you are talking about.

I started off by running 3 times a week and it's amazing how quick you can get into it and move on to the next week.

I only moved on to the next week, when I was confident with the week I was on. I think the key is to go at your own pace and whatever you do, don't try to get ahead of yourself. Follow the programme, and repeat the weeks, you feel you need to.

I've been running/jogging for about 7 months now, and love it. Try to go at least twice a week. I'm actually doing interval running at the moment though, as I find it suits me better as I play netball and the stopping and starting fits in with the way I play netball.

I run on my own, after dropping the kids off at school, I run around the school oval. I listen to some good, lively music on my mp3 player and also have a stop watch, so that I can time myself, accurately. At the moment, I do a 30 min, interval running programme.

Good Luck

Hi Nash. Thanks for your reply. It's good to know that other have done something similar. I still haven't started, and I am beginning to hate myself for it! I am trying to get back into a routine after a crazy few weeks at work, I am hoping that this will give me the kick up the backside I need to get moving!! Thanks again :D

Good luck, for when you start. It's an amazing feeling as you go from stage to stage, cos if you're anything like me, who hadn't really run before (apart from team sports). At the beginning I really couldn't believe I'd be running, the times I do now. It's a great achievement.

Have fun with it, and just remember to go at your own pace. Even if you have to jog as slow as snail at first, just concentrate on sticking to the times. Don't try and go too fast to begin with.

Running sounds awesome :D...if only I wasn't so lazy and actually did it!

Back