Running!

Halflinghannah

Few weeks ago I started get running an app which guides u along to run 5k but iv just got over a cold n am now lacking in motivation :( I do wanna do it I really do any ideas on how to kick myself in to gear again? I really enjoy it once I'm out there it's just I need a kick in the arse to get out there! Help! Some one come here n kick me please! X

hey hun
I have just finished day 2 of week 5 on c25K. What is keeping me motivated is the amazement I feel after every session about what i am accomplishing. My clothes are getting to big. I have bags more energy and just feel happy.
Try and focus on how much you enjoyed it and get that first one done and out of the way. it'll be the hardest one and then you will be back in the zone again
:)

Few weeks ago I started get running an app which guides u along to run 5k but iv just got over a cold n am now lacking in motivation :( I do wanna do it I really do any ideas on how to kick myself in to gear again? I really enjoy it once I'm out there it's just I need a kick in the arse to get out there! Help! Some one come here n kick me please! X

Hi Hannah,

I'm just about to start C25K. I've never really been running before, but have heard lots of people say this programme is great so going to give it a bash. If you are trying get started again, we could be virtual running buddies!

I started the couch to 5k app a while back & signed up for the Race 4 Life on Friday which is this Sunday eeeekkkk!!! This morning I ran my first 5k & was running for 30 mins (apart from 2 mins as I walked for a bit after running up a hill lol) I didn't run for the 6 weeks while the kids were on holiday but feel so much better now I am back into it. Honestly hun keep going I know it's hard work but I promise you, you will notice so many differences. It tones you up EVERYWHERE! & gives u so much more energy. I have also notice it suppresses your appetite a little too. I struggled to run for 1 min when I started, & got out of breath so quickly but I am amazed at how much fitter I am. Keep going babe and you will be addicted and will enjoy it more every time. Xxxx

I did the couch to 5k and then did the race fr life on the 1st July I then didnt go out for a run again ....until tonight! I arranged to meet with my friend to do it nd started again right at the beginning. It helped that I would be letting a friend down if I didn't go but having done it before I know it really helps with toning up bits of me that are hard to tone up it helps with the weightloss and feels like a fab achievement when done even though its bloody hard work! So I'd say kick yourself up the butt and get back out there cos its worth it!

I gave myself a kick up the bottom this morning to get out and continue with my c25k plan - skipped from week 1 to 4 as I forgot to download podcast 2 and 3. Expected to be unable to do it since doing week 1 left me really shattered but actually found it ok. Amazing how much fitter you get and how quickly once you've dropped a little weight - less to lug around with you lol.

I do really love the feeling I get after a run and the sense of achievement.

As has been said, lots of 5ks out there and if you're free on saturday mornings check out your local parkrun group - parkruns are weekly timed 5ks which are totally free and all about running for your own enjoyment/improving your time. (parkrun UK home) You can even plug your ipod in and do your c25k sessions during this run (walk the rest of the way once the c25k session ends) - eventually following the c25k plan you'll be running the whole distance every week! Whatsmore there are lots of friendly, experienced runners there week in week out who can give you advice and encouragement! :)

Thank you for the replies ur all right iv just forgotten what it felt like afterwards n I actually feel miserable after 2weeks of no exercise can't think of any other reason why! But ur all right It's just getting out there n doing that 1st run again I'm of swimming tonight n gotta do 20lengths in an hour! Il have a look see if there's any charity runs for October time later too :) xx

I'm going to join a running club, they have a beginners thing starting the end of September, for now to prepare for it I've been going on my crosstrainer and once I sort some trainers out I think I'll take myself out for some runs on my own.

Well you have all motivated me to start, i downloaded the app a few weeks ago and only started sw last thursday. I was going to wait until i had lost at least a stone, but after reading this thread, I am going to start tommorrow. So thank you all :)

Good good :) I looked at the park runs thingy n that looks well good next time I have a saturday free I will be joining them for the 5k along the beach! :) good luck! Xx

Good good :) I looked at the park runs thingy n that looks well good next time I have a saturday free I will be joining them for the 5k along the beach! :) good luck! Xx

Haha you're in NI? You must be very close to me then as that's the run I've registered for! (the only one on a beach, that's how I know ;) ) Small world.

Must confess I've not made it along to that one yet as I've been working (and the thought of going on airshow weekend scared the crap out of me), but hopefully this weekend I'll take the plunge! Let me know how you get on if you do go - there's another run which suits me better on days I'm working late so it depends on my schedule where I'll be.

The great thing about the 5k programme that I liked is that it's 3 times a week!!

So a kick is only needed for 3 days!!

You can do it! It's hard at times but the feeling when you complete it, the feeling is amazing.

Back