Russiandoll's 6st slim-down challenge - damage limitation

Russiandoll said:
ok, well not 100% today but not bad. I had maple and pecan porridge for brekkie (genuinely LOVE that stuff!), a peanut bar and decaf for lunch, a cup of the veggie drink in the afternoon before walking Munchie in the fog then dinner ... this is where it could be said I slipped but, as I said, I don't think it was disastrous. I had an oriental chilli soup with steamed veg and half a chopped chicken breast then a CWP jelly (I am SO good at making these now) so it felt like 2 courses. I don't think this has trashed my diet.

Happily full tummy now :)

:) Well done.

I don't like the soups at all anymore. In fact I don't really like any of the shakes hot either. Just like my hot drinks. :)

Have a good day today x

Oh botheration!!!

Blew it!! I'm now sitting here trying to fight the sense of self-loathing which is threatening to engulf me. Why can't last more than a week? Why am I so pathetic??

I cann't tell you how much I want to fill my face with the biggest bar of chocolate money can buy - but I won't. Tomorrow is another day and I'll take another run at it although I've probably ruined any chance of a loss on Friday.

*hangs head in shame* :booboo:

Weird, isn't it? How you can go from 100% determination to 100% destroyer in the space of five minutes. Crack that, crack slimdom. It wasn't like I went on a binge - I've never really done that, not the way it's described in the book Kira recommended called 'Brain over binge'. (Good read by the way). I just started eating stuff, mindfully. Slowly even. Because I could. I don't even know how to begin to understand why.

Never mind. Tomorrow's another day. Let's invoke that proverb of yours in your signature. We might get to destination Slimville at a slower pace, but we'll get there. :hug99:

Oh, and for the record, you're not pathetic. You've dealt with all sorts of things and you'll deal with this.

:winner:

Thanks Lily. Today I've been 'ok' ... not 100% but I'm fighting my old mindset where, if you've slipped a little, you might as well slip a lot! I've tried to exercise damage limitation and, hopefully, not see too much of a gain. Even if I do see a pound or two go on, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be fat as my 'indiscretion' certainly didn't figure into the thousands of calories - more like a few hundred over. What will be will be though ... and losing one battle doesn't mean the entire war is lost. Onwards ...

Saw your posts about struggling and restarting, I find it hard enough to restart a '' normal '' diet ( if there is such a thing !! ) let alone a VLCD one !! I am very good at self sabotage too and find it is still a daily struggle fighting the mindset demons !!

Diva x

How are you getting on honey, a tiny slip is ok, just keep it under control and don't let it turn into a landslide. You know you can do this x x

Thanks for the support ladies. I suppose I'm just indulging in a bit of a pity party because I can't understand how I can go from a gung-ho 'can do' attitude to 'dammit I've slipped' in a ridiculously small space of time.

The roof of my mouth is really painful at the moment (like it's been sandpapered) which is helping a bit as I've just had a cranberry crunch bar and it was agony so I'm not inclined to eat the two wagon wheels someone has helpfully left out on the kitchen work-top in full view of my choccy demons! Also, I had a back tooth filled yesterday and I'm thinking that the filling is protruding downwards slightly as it's hitting my metal crown on the bottom molar and making chewing feel weird and uncomfortable. I guess I'll have to contact them and go back to have it tweaked. Great! :(

I've just thrown away the entire contents of my fridge freezer as it's broken and everything has defrosted. I've ordered another part but it's going to have to be refilled and that's not going to be cheap. A new part should be coming today or tomorrow so hopefully hubby can get it going again and I can have cold mousse instead of a room temperature concoction (not awful but cold is better).

After I've had my coffee and caught up on Facebook I'll be doing some sewing to keep me occupied before taking Munchie for a walk.

Does your house contents insurance cover the freezer? I know years ago I claimed on mine for loss of perishable food x

Sorry to hear your mouth is out of sorts, but it does help a bit with the diet though lol x

I don't know about the contents insurance - it didn't occur to me ... and I've ditched it all now (all 4 compartments!). Oh well ...

I had a bit of a mini triumph earlier this afternoon. I was mega hungry and the wagon wheel (that I mentioned earlier) was calling my name. No - it was SHOUTING my name! But I resisted, had a large drink of water and took Munchie for a walk. Anyone who doesn't have issues around food wouldn't understand :)

Still worth a check with the insurance company, i am sure you are not expected to save the spoiled food x

Russiandoll said:
I don't know about the contents insurance - it didn't occur to me ... and I've ditched it all now (all 4 compartments!). Oh well ...

I had a bit of a mini triumph earlier this afternoon. I was mega hungry and the wagon wheel (that I mentioned earlier) was calling my name. No - it was SHOUTING my name! But I resisted, had a large drink of water and took Munchie for a walk. Anyone who doesn't have issues around food wouldn't understand :)

Well done for going on that walk. I find a good herbal tea usually sorts me out. :) My issue I have found though is not hunger. It's just picking at bits I really shouldn't!

I pick and nibble for all sorts of reasons ... boredom, stress, tiredness, worry - and sometimes it's even because I'm hungry!:p
I've used food for so many reasons for so long it's no wonder it's a tough mindset to crack. I think it'll be en eternal battle - like an alcoholic is always an alcoholic but can be in recovery / abstaining - I'll always have to be wary of my food demons and try not to let them get the better of me even if and when I lose the weight. It's because I took my eye off the ball in 2007 that I regained half of what I lost, and FAST! I only managed to maintain that weight (albeit an unhealthy one) because I had to be constantly aware and if I succumbed to a binge or period of over indulgence, I had to balance it out.

I hope I can manage this when I reach a much lower weight and need fewer calories to maintain it.

Morning hun, how are you doing? :wavey:

Hope you're hanging in there! x

Back