Ruth's Journey To A Healthier Tummy- Experiments!

bajoleth said:
I always steer clear of pasta when calorie counting for this exact reason, to be honest its only 80 cals difference I wouldn't worry :)

Bingo!

It was lovely!
I just fancied cooking for a change!

Eeeek I definitely wont do that again!!!

Ruth
x

Sorry - I felt really guilty pointing it out. But I've been caught like that before (that's how I knew :sigh:).

Glad you ate it. It really won't make much difference - it's just I knew you wanted to do the experiment!

Sorry - I felt really guilty pointing it out. But I've been caught like that before (that's how I knew :sigh:).

Glad you ate it. It really won't make much difference - it's just I knew you wanted to do the experiment!

Its ok Lily Im glad you pointed it out- Ive been caught out before with it on WW!
I hope it wont make much difference!

Really enjoyed it!

I love your signature picture by the way!

Ruth
x

Well im full (satisfied)

and ive left some of my Jelly!

On a DD!!!!!!

WOW!

Ruth
x

Trefoil said:
Well im full (satisfied)

and ive left some of my Jelly!

On a DD!!!!!!

WOW!

Ruth
x

Yay! :clap: Well done!

Trefoil said:
Hello Everyone!

I am doing an experiment to see if whether if I eat all of my allowances on JUDDD I have better losses than if I were to fast.
I have lost 2.25lbs in the last two weeks when not eating my full allowances, and two weeks prior to that I lost 6lbs when I ate my full allowances!

So im just doing an experiment as I have also found that I am more likely to binge on my DDs if I haven't eaten my full allowance on my UPs!

Will post everyday as I am also daily weighing!

Ruth
x

I thought it would be worth posting what the good Dr J has to say about whether you need to eat all your Up Day calories.

From his website:

The goal of Up Days is to feel satiated without intentionally overeating. If you're not as hungry on Up Days, it's okay to eat less than your regular daily allowance.

There are no restrictions placed on Up Days, as long as you do not intentionally overeat.

Personally though, I find DDs easier if I've eaten closer to my UD calories the previous day. Too few calories on an UD is probably asking for trouble.

From his book (p. 244):
Q. How much should I eat on the up day?
A. To answer that question, it is important to understand the psychology of the Alternate-Day Diet, the point of which is to reduce stress and diet fatigue and increase freedom from the anxiety of restricting every day so that you are more likely to adhere to the diet over time.
Oddly, on the basis of the Calorie Calculator (page 80), some dieters seem to believe that there is a specific number of calories they are required to eat on the up days. But the sole purpose of using the Calorie Calculator is to estimate the number of calories to eat on your down days. You absolutely do not have to consume all the calories estimated for your up days. There is no specific calorie requirement for the up day.

The most important principle of the Alternate-Day Diet is to keep your down-day calories as low as practical while maintaining the up-day, down-day pattern over the long term.

That said, I know of several folks who swear that eating all of their UD calories (no fewer, no more) is the way to go. It's a real YMMV (your mileage may vary) issue. It's worth experimenting with the level of UD calories if you're not losing as much as you hoped - some people find they need to eat more, not less!

I'll be following intently, i am looking at doing this when I refeed from vlcd in September.

Amazing progress hun. And imagination on dd!! Impressed

Xx

Thanks for all of that lily!!

That's great to read! I am really pleased as I have always had a massive appetite so thought I might struggle- I feel a lot better in myself when I eat my allowances so I don't know why I started to fast lol!

Thanks for posting all of that for me!

Interesting to see what the scales will say tomorrow!!!!

Hope you're ok!

Ruth
X

RebekahR said:
I'll be following intently, i am looking at doing this when I refeed from vlcd in September.

Amazing progress hun. And imagination on dd!! Impressed

Xx

Hiya!

Looking forward to having you In our JUDDD group soon!

Thanks very much :) I love planning my meals! Just got to get it right! No more pasta!

Hope that you're ok!

Ruth
X

Great Day today!

Already planning tomorrow! I'm staying over at my parents tomorrow- just me and my mum in! My bro and Dad are at work so lots of naughty nibbles and wine!

Ruth
X

Interesting experiment

Carrieblue said:
Interesting experiment

I just thought id see if there was a difference! It's worth knowing :D

Hope you're ok!

Ruth
X

Daily WIs

Thursday (WI) 13,6
Friday (Post UP) 13,8.5 (+2.5)
Saturday (Post DD) 13,5.5!! (-3!)

Really impressed!!! Never expected that! Especially at 6AM! I usually weigh at like 11am and I think that makes a difference!

Ruth
X

I'm following with interest Ruth. Looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

I'm following too, I start on Friday and would like to see the difference x

Thanks both of you!

All going good at the minute, UP day so im just planning it out :)

Will let you know my menu when I have finished :D

Ruth
x

Can't wait to see what people eat on an UP day, I'm excited to start this next week x

Prospective Food Diary: I have over estimated a lot of it- just in case!!!!! I'm off to my mums :)

Breakfast:
19ml Skimmed Milk (6)
Asda Roast Coffee (2)
2x Slices Medium Morrisons Bread (154)
60g Chocolate Philadelphia (172)
Instant Coffee (2)

Lunch:

Dinner:
1.5 Glasses Red Wine (125ml) (128)
M&S Chicken Liver Pate 56g (180)
M&S Scottish Smoked Salmon 100g (190)
3x Slices Mums Homemade Bread (210)
Bacardi & Diet Coke (69)
2 Tbsp Boursin Full Fat Cheese With Garlic & Herbs (120)
1 Boiled Egg (67)
5g Bertolli Olive Oil Spread (27)
Potato Flan 1/8 (No Crust/Pastry) (139)
1/8 Cup Mushrooms (2)
1/2 Cup Spinach (3)

60 Minutes Walking- Burn 281 Calories

Total Calories Left- 931!

Right- I didn't quite know how to do that last bit! My mum makes potato, spinach and mushroom flan.
I found Potato flan (there were no alternatives) and put in 1/8s worth, then added mushrooms and spinach separately to determine the slice :)

Lunch Ideas?
I cant be naughty and have a Mcdonalds lol! I need some ideas :D

Ruth
x

My Diary! Was really rushed at lunch! Really enjoyed it though! Have had headache tonight so no alcohol!!!

Breakfast:
19ml Skimmed Milk (6)
Asda Roast Coffee (2)
2x Slices Medium Morrisons Bread (154)
60g Chocolate Philadelphia (172)

Lunch:
Ham Hock & Mature Cheddar Sandwich (Sainsburys) (554)
Quavers (109)
Pepsi Max 500ml (2)

Dinner:
M&S Chicken Liver Pate 56g (180)
3x Slices Mums Homemade Bread (140)
2 Tbsp Boursin Full Fat Cheese With Garlic & Herbs (120)
1 Boiled Egg (67)
Potato Flan 1/8 (No Crust/Pastry) (139)
1/8 Cup Mushrooms (2)
1/2 Cup Spinach (3)
1/2 Cup Cherries (18)
All Butter Scone (228)
10g Clotted Cream (59)
10g Strawberry Jam (25)
5 Mixed Olives (15)
Diet Indian Tonic Water Can (3)
Instant Coffee (2)

Snacks:
3x Tea (7)
25ml Semi Skimmed Milk (13)

60 Minutes Walking- Burn 281 Calories!

Total Calories Used 2021, 101 Remaining! (382 including exercise)

Ruth
x

Daily WIs!!!

Thursday (WI) 13,6
Friday (Post UP) 13,8.5
Saturday (Post DD) 13,5.5!!!
Sunday (Post UP) 13,5 (mums scales)

That would be nice if they were correct lol!

Ruth
X

Back