Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread - no longer a Hex B

Pommette

Trying - very!
Thought I'd post this as I've just seen it on the SW Online site

You may have heard in group, or via Facebook, about a recent update to Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread.
Our Food Co-ordination team here at Head Office have been in touch with Ryvita to find out the facts so we can let you know.

Ryvita have confirmed that the nutritional information (specifically the Fibre content) on this item has changed and so it will no longer be counted as a Healthy Extra 'b' choice (6 slices now only contain 2.4g of fibre, and Healthy Extra choices must contain at least 3g of fibre).
This choice won't appear in future Food Optimising and Free Branded Food books.

It's just the Wholegrain Crackerbread that has been deleted.
Standard Original Ryvita are still allowable as a HexB.

Last edited:
I have emailed them to complain, if everyone else does they may amend their recipe back? I'm gutted.

if you read my link I did complain, they said hey have not changed the recipe
"I messaged Ryvita and this is the response:
RYVITA Hi , No we haven't changed the recipe, In April 2012 we simply just had the nutritional qualities analysed using more accurate technology. Many thanks Beverley"

Which means their original analysis was wrong, and they no longer meet the requirements to be a HexB

Gutted!

Well I wouldn't fear because they were my main he ex B choice over 14 months I lost 6 stone?? So if they've not changed they'll do no harm I'm sure :)

Beware though - it just means you aren't really getting enough fibre content.
I think a lot of people "tweak" the plan. Just do it with your eyes wide open and in full knowledge ofthe facts.

Back