Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

s/w target member - new to forum

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Kron, 19 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Kron

Kron Target Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi
    I have just come across this forum and having a quick look around was quite impressed with the support, recipes etc, so thought i would sign up.

I am a target member at my group, so on the maintenance part now, which is very important to me. I hear stories of people achieving great weight losses then so many years later have fallen back on old habits gaining more than when they started, someting I want to avoid.

In May 2010 my daughter started s/w and I couldnt believe how much she was eating and losing, so I said I would join with her after my holiday.

In July 2010 I started - i had never been on any diet before and was quite nervous about having to nibble lettuce for ever !

By Feb 2011 i had lost 3 stone - and was looking good :) and a target member. i maintained for a while, but found weight was still slowly going down, so opted to reduce target by 7lbs, and luckily reached it quite quickly.

So here i am at my target weight, happy, healthy and wishing everyone on their journey the best of luck - you can do it, I did - and eating salad, veg, fruit was not my thing!

I am looking forward to trying new recipes, this is not a diet but a healthy eating plan giving you the tools to manage your weight so you can live your life without feeling too deprived

btw - I did RED cos I love my meat, and now expanding into EE to maintain which is quite a change for me as I can now incorporate pasta, rice etc - so keep those recipes coming :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Moo85

Moo85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    welcome and congrats on your loss. What are you doing to maintain? I got to target and then regained a few lbs which I'm now trying to lose again so would be good to get tips! :)

4. Kron

Kron Target Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    my maintenance plan

I am finding it a bit of a new experience as do not need to lose more, so i have been very good and sticking with s/w through the week, and then taking time off on the weekend and having some 'naughtie' foods i.e. chinese takeaway last night
    I do have the thoughts - I am there now - but do not want to slip back into old bad habits
    I still go to group as that focuses me and I never want to go outside of target range which helps me keep on track
    I must admit I do get on my scales every morning and if it has gone up start optimising to bring it back down
    Remember weight will always fluctuate so dont get too concerned by a few pounds, just make adjustments when it starts going up more than the 'few'

5. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Oh well done on the weightloss! We have quite a few target members and they still come every week and seem to have very little trouble maintaining. I think the secret is to keep going to class.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.