s/w target member - new to forum

Kron

Target Member
Hi
I have just come across this forum and having a quick look around was quite impressed with the support, recipes etc, so thought i would sign up.

I am a target member at my group, so on the maintenance part now, which is very important to me. I hear stories of people achieving great weight losses then so many years later have fallen back on old habits gaining more than when they started, someting I want to avoid.

In May 2010 my daughter started s/w and I couldnt believe how much she was eating and losing, so I said I would join with her after my holiday.

In July 2010 I started - i had never been on any diet before and was quite nervous about having to nibble lettuce for ever !

By Feb 2011 i had lost 3 stone - and was looking good :) and a target member. i maintained for a while, but found weight was still slowly going down, so opted to reduce target by 7lbs, and luckily reached it quite quickly.

So here i am at my target weight, happy, healthy and wishing everyone on their journey the best of luck - you can do it, I did - and eating salad, veg, fruit was not my thing!

I am looking forward to trying new recipes, this is not a diet but a healthy eating plan giving you the tools to manage your weight so you can live your life without feeling too deprived

btw - I did RED cos I love my meat, and now expanding into EE to maintain which is quite a change for me as I can now incorporate pasta, rice etc - so keep those recipes coming :)

welcome and congrats on your loss. What are you doing to maintain? I got to target and then regained a few lbs which I'm now trying to lose again so would be good to get tips! :)

my maintenance plan

I am finding it a bit of a new experience as do not need to lose more, so i have been very good and sticking with s/w through the week, and then taking time off on the weekend and having some 'naughtie' foods i.e. chinese takeaway last night
I do have the thoughts - I am there now - but do not want to slip back into old bad habits
I still go to group as that focuses me and I never want to go outside of target range which helps me keep on track
I must admit I do get on my scales every morning and if it has gone up start optimising to bring it back down
Remember weight will always fluctuate so dont get too concerned by a few pounds, just make adjustments when it starts going up more than the 'few'

Oh well done on the weightloss! We have quite a few target members and they still come every week and seem to have very little trouble maintaining. I think the secret is to keep going to class.

Back