Sabotage - anybody else do this?

Big H

Silver Member
Constantly try and talk yourself out of doing CD? When I am not on CD and just before I start I a so motivated and feel like I have to do it because nothing else is working. As soon as I start my subconscious starts nagging away and saying "you don't need to do this" "Just eat healthily and lose the weight slowly" It's too hard" "I'm going to be miserable whilst I am on CD"

Sound familiar? And then you come off the diet and all the plans for healthy eating go out of the window and you start making plans to get back on CD. Back to the start and repeat.

I am there day 10 and my brain said exactly the same thing.

Why do this - it's so hard...

...however I am NOT going to give in - I only have to keep in my mind that this is not FOREVER...forever will be eating healthy but this is the kick start!

Looking forward to that happy place :)

I am there day 10 and my brain said exactly the same thing.

Why do this - it's so hard...

...however I am NOT going to give in - I only have to keep in my mind that this is not FOREVER...forever will be eating healthy but this is the kick start!

Looking forward to that happy place :)

That's a good attitude and trust me it will be worth it. I lost 100 pounds first time round (a long time ago :) ) and I felt like I was drugs I was so happy

I'm on day 1 again and desperately trying to talk myself out of it (should be the other way round me thinks)

Yes!! Constantly!

:rolleyes:

I even get as far as convincing myself sometimes. Stop the diet, start doing SW or WW instead (I think I might even have switched to Atkins once)... only to fall off my 'alternative' wagon instead. :sigh: I've probably done that six or seven times, maybe more.

A very good friend of mine told me that it was because I just wasn't committed enough. She's told me since that she felt terrible about saying that. But she's right! I do lack commitment. Once I learn to follow through, I'll lose all the weight I want!

So having 'fixed' that thought, I've had to work on the next one, which is of course, 'Why Cambridge?' Why not some other diet where I could at least eat?

Well, because Cambridge is the only plan that gives me a fighting chance of losing enough weight by summer to wear nice summer clothes. The others might allow me to lose a stone or two - but not three stones.

If you've seen my recent posts, you'll know that I still haven't won the battle with my sabotaging thoughts. But I'm winning more of the rounds than I used to!

Last edited:
Yes!! Constantly!

:rolleyes:

I even get as far as convincing myself sometimes. Stop the diet, start doing SW or WW instead (I think I might even have switched to Atkins once)... only to fall off my 'alternative' wagon instead. :sigh: I've probably done that six or seven times, maybe more.

A very good friend of mine told me that it was because I just wasn't committed enough. She's told me since that she felt terrible about saying that! But she's right! I do lack commitment. Once I learn to follow through, I'll lose all the weight I want!

So having 'fixed' that thought, I've had to work on the next one, which is of course, 'Why Cambridge?' Why not some other diet where I could at least eat?

Well, because Cambrige is the only plan that gives me a fighting chance of losing enough weight by summer to wear nice summer clothes. The others might allow me to lose a stone or two - but not three stones.

If you've seen my recent posts, you'll know that I still haven't won the battle with my sabotaging thoughts. But I'm winning more of the rounds than I used to!

Hey - yes I have read your recent posts, I always read your posts, because you talk a lot of sense..

Your posts above I could've pretty much written word for word about myself.

I'm sitting here now, trying to talk myself out of it, and it is simply a matter of commitment!

The stupid thing is if anybody asked me what I really want in life (for me) I would say to be slim. So why is that not enough commitment to stop feeding my fat face? :D

Thanks for this post - glad I'm not the only one who has these thoughts - I had them earlier today! I'm glad to hear how ppl respond to them, v motivating

Big H I said thank you for your post as it's true - I just want to be slim so why am I still fat!!

Big H I said thank you for your post as it's true - I just want to be slim so why am I still fat!!

Madness isn't it!! :rolleyes:

OMG! I could have written all of this thread!! Just shows you what that little voice does to us and the power it can have - not letting it this time!!

Back