Sabotage!!!

Mel2

Silver Member
It was my birthday on Thursday and I was extremely good and didn't go over my syns at all. We then went out for a meal today with my Mum and dad and I ordered a chicken and bacon salad and a dessert that was within my syn allowance. I left the pub feeling very proud of myself as it's the first time ever that I've eaten healthily on my birthday and after a gain last week due to * week I'm desperate for a loss this week.
My Mum then gave me my birthday presents (bearing in mind she knows I'm trying to lose weight). A lovely pair of earrings followed by Bailey's truffles, a large bar of chocolate and a large homemade birthday cake!! I'm now at home and my willpower is weakening and I really want a slice of cake but it's weigh in tomorrow and I am desperate to lose weight for a holiday we have booked abroad next year.
I can't help but feel slightly anoyed with her as she knows how much losing weight means to me and knows I'm being super good. She is the one who told me a few years ago that she didn't want me to meet her from work as she was embarrassed about my size then when I try to lose the weight she deliberately sabotages me!!

Sorry for the rant - just needed to vent my frustrations and I thought it might keep my mind off the cake!!! lol

Can't quite believe it myself but I had the willpower (after 3 bites ) to throw the whole thing away before i did any more damamge. Quite proud that i managed to lose half a pound as well on my birthday week. I have never ever been 'good' on my birthday before!!

yay congratulations :) .. and next year when you get a cake, it'll be no bits before you bin it .. willpower will be super strong by then.

I dont know what it is with families. Some people do see the need to try and sabotage you. We have this problem in our family with my gran, she knows me and my mum are losing weight and she keeps trying to tempt my mum with things. I think its because she is also trying to lose weight in a fashion so is a bit peeved that we are doing so well. :D Well I did offer to help her understand SW but she doesnt take much notice really and just goes back to what she used to have lol. My brother does it too, offering favourite biscuits etc but we have learned to turn away from it now.

I have just come across this and didn't want to read and run as it sounds just like me.

It was my birthday 2 weeks ago and everyone one knows I am trying to lose weight but still I got chocolate and cake!!! So frustrating and I did have some cake as that has always been my problem but I did manage to give most of it away at least

Family are like that aren't they, but you did brill and that loss proves it was worth it :)

I know what you mean - very frustrating. This week it's me sabotaging myself though. Really don't understand what the hell I think I'm doing. Been getting myself in a cycle of sod-it / hate self / comfort eat / sod-it / hate self / comfort eat/ etc. (Am on the hate myself bit at the mo. What an idiot!)

On the loved ones sabotaging thing, the best advice I've ever read on this was in the Pig to Twig book. They really focus on all the 'head stuff'. Going to have to get another copy of it. (The food side of their diet isn't so great though - low carb and high protein. Now SWish at all). The head stuff is fab, fab, fab though and I need it NOW!!

Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: From Pig to Twig 0141027436 | eBay

Back