Sagging skin, anyone else?

JulieL

Hi, I hope you don't mind me posting here, but I have been losing weight and have noticed the skin on my neck is getting very wrinkly and sagging, I am only 41, any ideas anyone? Has this happened to anyone else? Many thanks in advance Julie x:wave_cry:

Loads of water, loads of moisterizer, one of the things I'm dreading but if it happens then I would prefer that than what I have now...

I would love to know if there is a better answer!

x

I know there is some neck firming products out there... I dont know how much or their names but I have seen them in my mums drawer! x

Thanks everyone for the advice, I'm already drinking loads as I'm on VLCD, and have spent loads on different firming creams, Boots definately love me! Been slimmer will definately be better, it's just when your fat your skin is definately more plump and the wrinkles don't show as much.
Well done everyone on your great weight losses! Thanks again. Juliex

Hey Julie
I'm only 34 but have noticed after losing the last stone or so I now have a small wrinkly patch where my double chin used to be. Reeeeeally hoping it tones up and am smothering it in creams daily. Small price to pay though I think.
Best of luck with the rest of your journey. xx

i have noticed that my bingo wings are all skin now and they look awful! (not as bad as before mind) so i borrowed some hand weights to try to tone up.

Sounds like my saggy skin is in the same place as yours Lard Arse (sorry but your definately not one for sure, what a fantastic loss!)!, It seems its the only thing I see when I look in the mirror and I've still got quite a bit to lose so I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse.

Eyeontheprize, my bingo wings are the same, I've bought a band thingy so fingers crossed it will help tone me up!

Yep, it's the first thing I notice when I look in the mirror.
I have bingo wings and a shed load of exercise equipment upstairs that I really need to start using, I will soon......honest!
I know we're all losing weight and a certain amount of lose skin is inevitable but has anyone notice a difference in the feel and look of their remaining fat? I'm forever poking and prodding myself now and have noticed that my fat feels and looks really odd. If i stretch my skin I can see like a layer of cottage cheese under it and it feels really bumpy too, I guess it wasn't like that before because my fat cells were bigger and all squished into my skin which made them feel and look smoother. Not sure if I'm making and sense. When I got my mum and sister to have a feel under my arms they both shrieked and were grossed out (they're both overweight by the way). Not particularly concerned about it, just wondered if anyone else had noticed it or if I was some sort of freak :D

Well if your a freak then it means I am too!! I lay in the bath lifting my tum and prodding, I would love to love my body but I don't, and I know what you mean over the cottage cheese look as well, at least people can't see it under clothes, but I do feel self concious over my arms, never bothered me showing them off when I was fat last summer but this year feeling really self consious, by the way, your neck looks fab in the picture, def not saggy!

Aw thanks, I've lost another 10lbs since that photo was taken though which has made a difference to my chin.
So far I'm trying to keep my arms hidden and I feel thay flap about all over the place. Will have to start toning them soon though as I'm off to Jamaica in July and won't be able to keep them hidden then.
Will we ever be truly happy with our bodies huh?
Congrats on your weight loss so far. xx

I'm actually really worried about bingo wings.

Admittedly, and I feel quite bad for saying this, whenever I see a "look I've lost 7 stone etc" picture my first thought is "wow, well done" my second is to look for bingo wings

Lard Arse, you will def have to hit the gym, I'm envious Jamaica wow!! As for your arms there probably not as bad as you think, we always imagine things are twice as bad as they really are! At least your nice and slim. I don't think anyone is ever truly happy fat, thin, whatever we always find something to moan about. Enjoy your hols.

Julie x

Yep, it's the first thing I notice when I look in the mirror.
I have bingo wings and a shed load of exercise equipment upstairs that I really need to start using, I will soon......honest!
I know we're all losing weight and a certain amount of lose skin is inevitable but has anyone notice a difference in the feel and look of their remaining fat? I'm forever poking and prodding myself now and have noticed that my fat feels and looks really odd. If i stretch my skin I can see like a layer of cottage cheese under it and it feels really bumpy too, I guess it wasn't like that before because my fat cells were bigger and all squished into my skin which made them feel and look smoother. Not sure if I'm making and sense. When I got my mum and sister to have a feel under my arms they both shrieked and were grossed out (they're both overweight by the way). Not particularly concerned about it, just wondered if anyone else had noticed it or if I was some sort of freak :D
Funny you should say that as I was having a good feel of my saggy belly this morning and it feels like I have lots of peas under the skin. Thought I was just feeling normal things that I haven't felt for years because of all the layers of fat beneath my skin!!!!

Ha Ha. ... i was in the bath last night, pressing my belly down, now it goes down and does not bounce back up, before it never went down at all :cry:
It is very deflated :wave_cry: but better than it was, like everyone else my arms are bad, i am trying to tone them without sucess :cry: but its still better than being nearly 3 stone heaveier like i was last year:cry:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep, I am saggier too, and I really hope i don't get bingo wings! I'm delightedthat I'm losing weight, but I do seem to have more wrinkles too...people usually tell me how young I look for my age (I'm 31) but I think it's cos the fat plumped out the creases!

Hiya

Might not all be relevant but..

Only places that aren't pretty and tight at the mo are tummy and upper arms. This is mostly because I have striae there and it's stretched therefore having a harder time stretching back.

Have been using bio oil for my stretch marks though and for me it really works for my stretchmarks and firming up my skin but I guess it's different for everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the same as what you're having but I did have dry places/crinkly places while losing weight. It will probably wear off when you drink a lot and moisturise methinks.

I think it needs time too though. When you work out and moisturise and give it time to slowly get back it'll get as good as it can. This can take up to 6 - 12 months or so after having lost the weight, or so I've been told ;)

xx

my stomach is looking like a bust baloon. very much like the way it looks days after child birth. I am doing 30 ab crunches a day plus 20 mins on wiifit (step and hula hoop) plus 15 on my stepper before I collapse and die. Still it beats sitting on the sofa eating crisps.

My legs look saggy and wrinkly and I have another 3st+ to go.:eek::eek::eek:

But, what the hey? When I see myself in a mirror in my fitted (so many sizes smaller) trousers, I think: who's that sexy lady?!!!:D:D:D

Back