Saggy skin - I DONT WANT IT!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Vicster 123, 29 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Vicster 123

Vicster 123 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Sorry guys another question, new to this so ill get all my questions out the way now!

My friend has lost 7st on LL and has saggy skin all over her stomach im now scared im going to get it too! were both 23 so will the skin 'ping' back?

I got about 4 stone to lose, any tips on how to beat saggy skin before it sets in??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

everyone is different and will end up with different degrees of sagginess (or none much at all). It really depends on your genes and how long you have been overweight, where you carry your weight, how much excess weight there is etc etc. Ensuring you keep your water intake up, will help (skins elasticity). Also, they say that sagginess that may result improves over a period of 12 months or so as the skin tightens up and catches up with the fast fat loss.

Some gentle exercise to tone muscles will also help.

4. Vicster 123

Vicster 123 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Will any of the sikn toning creams help??

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

well people use them and definitely moisturising will help (bio oil is popular and people will recommend different toning creams).

6. princessbunny

princessbunny Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    oh i was wondering the same thing :S going to get some bio oil and hope for the best xx

7. Slimpossible

Slimpossible Is posting like mad!

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    a bit off topic but it's so reassuring to know that there are other young people out there like me.

I'm 24 and knowing there is a 23 year old out there worrying as much as me about sagging skin and having stones to lose makes me feel like less of an oddity(sometimes I feel that way when I am the fattest person in the room time and time again)

i think that as well as looking after our bodies with the CD we should all be pampering ourselves with toning exercises and toning creams and things, as least it will keep the mind off cheating.

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

completely agree with you. We feel good when we make the effort to pamper ourselves. If we feel good, we will want to stay on track and feel even better. It is the opposite of a viscious circle.

9. Nade

Nade Full Member

I have used a firming moisturiser (can not remember the name f it now, but it is the cocoa butter one that smells devine!)

I am 32 and "touch wood" have lost just over 4 stone in total, an no saggy skin as of yet!

I think it is just different for differnt people.

10. princessbunny

Diet:
    Cambridge
    well i will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed do some toning exercises and get some nice smelling cream :) who knew dieting could be so fun great excuse to pamper myself hehe

11. Nade

Nade Full Member

Palmers cocoa Butter, thatis the name of it! It is the "firming" one with Q10 and specficially says for after or while losing weight.

Dont know if it actuall does anything or it is just my skin but I use it just in case it helps!

12. princessbunny

Diet:
    Cambridge
    i shall get some tomo thanks for your help xx

13. goolian

goolian Fab & Fit For Florida

Diet:
    Slimming World
    yep... really good thread, i also am 23 and struggling with the worry of saggy skin... got some palmers and will be lathering it on x

14. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Palmers Cocoa Butter is great Nade, I agree!! :D:D:D

15. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

I use fiming lotion, slendertone belt and loads of water and keeping my fingers crossed that the saggy skin is minimal

16. Tange

Tange Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Apologies for gatecrashing. I am on LL, I have lost 5st so far and am 38 (eeek). I was also worried about saggy skin but touch wood so far its been fine.
    I did notice elephant bum (skin hanging around the hip and bum area) a few weeks ago but when I gave myself a look in the mirror this weekend it had gone.
    I do a fair amount of walking about 2 hours a day and I drink loads of water min 3 litres but I try and keep it at 4+.
    Also I moisturise like a demon.

Best of luck for your weightloss journeys.
    Tange

17. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Ive just bought the Palmers one on recommendation from a different thread. Its called Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula, Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks. (with vitamin E, Collagen and Elastin and Shea Butter).

According to the blurb on the back it is "clinically proven to increase skins elasticity, which helps prevent and reduce stretch marks...

Welcome to Palmer's

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Start Weight:
    83kg
    Current Weight:
    80.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    72kg
    Lost(%):
    2.2kg(2.68%)
    Diet:
    CALORIE COUNTING :)
    hi ya,

Got some tips and advice... tips first;

lots of water to keep the moisture up in your body
    take a mutli, flaxseed and zinc everyday when dieting (morning with breakfast)
    sit ups/floor exercises
    body cream/ bio oil is great for stretch marks

Advice;
    Zinc helps to keep elasticity in your skin however, it does depend on your age and more importantly how long you have been over weight stressing out your skin. Even how fast you gained weight to stretch it in the first place. Sit ups speak for themselves... it's like cellulite, the only way it will go is through exercise. And it is true depends on your genes.

Hope this is food for thought for everyone.

Love
    Bren
    X

20. princessbunny

Diet:
    Cambridge
    i have put all of the above on my shopping list :)

21. Nade

Nade Full Member

This is the one I have Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Firming Lotion

Love it!!

22. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks to everyone's recomendations i've just gone and bought the Palmer's firming lotion.
    Fingers crossed it does the trick.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.