Saggy skin (I know this has been covered!)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by linnyloo, 20 January 2010 Social URL.

1. linnyloo

linnyloo Full Member

Diet:
    cd ss
    Ladies,

Can I please ask your honest opinion on the perils of fast weight loss vs saggy skin?

What do you guys recommend, is there such a thing as a tummy tuck in a jar? if not can someone invent one quick please I need it.
    After 2 emergany cesarean sections plus being hugly overweight for such a long time I have been left with an impressive "mothers apron". It is getting smaller now but is at the stage where I have to pick it up and stuff it in me knickers!!!!!!
    Does anyone have any tips on tightening saggy skin up a bit, not looking for miricles but any improvement would help.:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    i cant help but i would to know aswell cos ive got wrinkly boobs and at 21 that aint soo good >.<

4. linnyloo

linnyloo Full Member

Diet:
    cd ss
    ohhh forgot to mention boobs. Spaniels ears is all I will say on the matter lol

5. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
  6. DappyMare

DappyMare Girl on a mission

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hiya, Well just to say saggy skin can happen on any diet, not just vlcd.. They do say it can take up to a year for your skin to catch up with ya new slim body, whether this is true can't say, only thing i can recommend is Body brushing and Soap and glory's Firminator gel. The firminator cream is amazing but saggy skin is alot to do with genetics too :(

7. linnyloo

linnyloo Full Member

Diet:
    cd ss
    wow thanks Lilly, I have looked through the threads and the general gist is to moisturise like mad. Can anyone comment on how good Bio oil is for tightening? I have a feeling its quite pricey and I have wasted so much money on useless products!!!!

8. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    There has been positive talk about an alternative to bio-oil, wish I could remember where it came from. One of the budget supermarkets - Aldi, Lidl or Wilkinsons? Hopefully someone will know but if you know how to search for old posts it should come up.

9. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    if you have a gee tees near you then bio oil is the cheapest ive seen it anywhere

10. jam

jam Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.22%)
    Diet:
    celebrity slim
    bio oil is around 8 pound in supermarkets. i used it when pregnant and made ma skin feel luuurvley. I too have the wrinkly baggy belly when i lose weight, not something im looking forward to, but worth being at a healthy weight for. Hubby hates the wrinkly saggy boobies tho. He said if i turn over in bed and my nipple feels warm its cos its dipped in ma cuppa!!! cheeky

11. NumNums

NumNums Becca

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.67%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I've started moisturizing before bed every night and I've noticed my skin has a better feel and texture to it and I glow already after 9 days.

12. Traceyb

Traceyb Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I would also like to know this. I was in Boots the other day and I was not sure whether to get a firming cream like nivea, or a smoothing one like bio oil. If i firm my skin will that not help it shrink back?? Does this make sense, sorry if it doesnt. I really want to start a daily routine but do not have the faith in any particular product to go for, so any recommendations would be great.

Thanks x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.