Saggy skin (I know this has been covered!)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by linnyloo, 20 January 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. linnyloo

linnyloo Full Member

Diet:
    cd ss
    Ladies,

Can I please ask your honest opinion on the perils of fast weight loss vs saggy skin?

What do you guys recommend, is there such a thing as a tummy tuck in a jar? if not can someone invent one quick please I need it.
    After 2 emergany cesarean sections plus being hugly overweight for such a long time I have been left with an impressive "mothers apron". It is getting smaller now but is at the stage where I have to pick it up and stuff it in me knickers!!!!!!
    Does anyone have any tips on tightening saggy skin up a bit, not looking for miricles but any improvement would help.:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    i cant help but i would to know aswell cos ive got wrinkly boobs and at 21 that aint soo good >.<

4. linnyloo

linnyloo Full Member

Diet:
    cd ss
    ohhh forgot to mention boobs. Spaniels ears is all I will say on the matter lol

5. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
  6. DappyMare

DappyMare Girl on a mission

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hiya, Well just to say saggy skin can happen on any diet, not just vlcd.. They do say it can take up to a year for your skin to catch up with ya new slim body, whether this is true can't say, only thing i can recommend is Body brushing and Soap and glory's Firminator gel. The firminator cream is amazing but saggy skin is alot to do with genetics too :(

7. linnyloo

linnyloo Full Member

Diet:
    cd ss
    wow thanks Lilly, I have looked through the threads and the general gist is to moisturise like mad. Can anyone comment on how good Bio oil is for tightening? I have a feeling its quite pricey and I have wasted so much money on useless products!!!!

8. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    There has been positive talk about an alternative to bio-oil, wish I could remember where it came from. One of the budget supermarkets - Aldi, Lidl or Wilkinsons? Hopefully someone will know but if you know how to search for old posts it should come up.

9. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    if you have a gee tees near you then bio oil is the cheapest ive seen it anywhere

10. jam

jam Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.22%)
    Diet:
    celebrity slim
    bio oil is around 8 pound in supermarkets. i used it when pregnant and made ma skin feel luuurvley. I too have the wrinkly baggy belly when i lose weight, not something im looking forward to, but worth being at a healthy weight for. Hubby hates the wrinkly saggy boobies tho. He said if i turn over in bed and my nipple feels warm its cos its dipped in ma cuppa!!! cheeky

11. NumNums

NumNums Becca

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.67%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I've started moisturizing before bed every night and I've noticed my skin has a better feel and texture to it and I glow already after 9 days.

12. Traceyb

Traceyb Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I would also like to know this. I was in Boots the other day and I was not sure whether to get a firming cream like nivea, or a smoothing one like bio oil. If i firm my skin will that not help it shrink back?? Does this make sense, sorry if it doesnt. I really want to start a daily routine but do not have the faith in any particular product to go for, so any recommendations would be great.

Thanks x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.