Saggy skin Issues help please

I've just found these 2 exrcises for the lower abs, so thought they may be of help....

Reverse Crunches:

Lie on your back and lift your legs so they are perpendicular to the floor, with your knees bent a little and legs crossed at the ankles.

Put your arms on your side so they are resting on the floor.

Keep your shoulders relaxed, rest your head on the floor nicely while keeping the back straight at all times. Now lift your hips off the ground and push them towards the ceiling.

Hold, hold, hold now slowly bring yourself to the initial position.

Leg Lifts on a Chair:

Sit on a chair with your back flat against its back.

Now with your hands on the desk, lift your legs off the floor, and hold them for 8 seconds.

Slowly go back to the initial position.

Repetition is key, you can do it every day while you are working. But if you start feeling any pain, stop, as it can be a sign of overtraining.

hey mat, everyone prob already knows this but when your left with saggy skin its because the skin has been detached from the muscle due to there being a layer of fat between them so when that layer of fat dissapears the skin has to reattach itself to the muscle, so any type of muscle toning will help the muscle and skin reattach. hope this helps xx

I would rather be healthy with a bit of extra skin then obese and unhealthy, I am personally not looking for a barbie body (it would be nice mind you:rolleyes:) and I have it in my head that if I have some saggy skin that it is a reminder to me of all the weight I have lost.

Couldn't agree any more! If it will be very bad -mind, my (.)(.) are already wanting to attack my knees and I am only on week 5!- then I'd consider a tummy tuck and a Pam Anderson job after the pregnancy but my goal is to get it off and keep it off. Afterall, I'm not doing this for prancing on the beach. (Only :))

As for exercise it does hinder weight loss in my case so after trying twice I had to concede and stop it. I am looking at at least 2 more 12 weeks rounds so I'll wait till the last round to introduce exercise even if it means putting on weight.

Mat- my mister just lost his belly :) Seriously, he looked 11 months pregnant and is now nearly flat stomached (20 kg from his belly only) and yeah there are stretch marks -and we both loved them as they show how well he's done- but there's no Adam Sandler flab. :)

hey mat, everyone prob already knows this but when your left with saggy skin its because the skin has been detached from the muscle due to there being a layer of fat between them so when that layer of fat dissapears the skin has to reattach itself to the muscle, so any type of muscle toning will help the muscle and skin reattach. hope this helps xx

Thanks, I didn't know that. :)

Mat- my mister just lost his belly :) Seriously, he looked 11 months pregnant and is now nearly flat stomached (20 kg from his belly only) and yeah there are stretch marks -and we both loved them as they show how well he's done- but there's no Adam Sandler flab. :)

Well, I'm hoping to be as lucky. Even more hoping to be as lucky to meet a woman who understands.

Well, I'm hoping to be as lucky. Even more hoping to be as lucky to meet a woman who understands.

Aww thank you, very sweet of you! He didn't lose it for vanity but for necessity, I was worried out of my head about him having a heart attack because of where all the extra weight was. -I am BMI wise worse off but it's somewhat evenly distributed so it's more prancing related than health related :8855:-

He is still struggling with the psychological aspects of it (I've been the one batting for CD and he had to get his head around the no beer and no chips) so I'm currently working on trying to help him see where the issues are and how he still has a sick, destructive relationship with food. He knows that it's the only way to keep it off.

I know what you mean though, this journey has been so far, easier for us because we are together, from complaining to the baby talk and the bye-bye kisses to his shrinking belly. :eek:

The way I figure it, you won't be single for long, after all you love yourself enough to do this, that will pay off!

there are soo many good tips on this thread I'm looking forward to trying all the exercises xxxxxxx

Back