Salad Dressing Homemade Syn Free???

chamcat

Hi Everyone,

So I have recently started SW. I live in France so I can't join and group and I'll be dammed if I'm paying the online price until I know I'm going to stick at it. I ordered the books on eBay and am waiting for my full food directory to come but am managing well at the moment. Mum did slimming world years ago and loved it so though I would give it at try. I'm also on day 7 of 30 Day Shred so working to get fit as well.

My first question is salad dressing.. living in France we don't have all the same brands as the UK or as many "fat free" options readily available so I was wondering if anyone has an easy recipe to make homemade salad dressing which is syn free or low syn. I love caeser dressing but working on 20cal = 1 syn a small amount on my salad at lunch is working out at 5 syns which I would rather be using elsewhere.

Thanks for any advice!

Thanks for the link I'm going to try to make something similar to Ceasar using yogurt! Will let you know how it goes :)

I do a French style dressing, adapted from a recipe was given by a French friend-is particularly delicious on tomatoes (version of this with oil is commonly served on tomato salad). 1tsp Dijon mustard, pinch herbes de provence / mixed herbs, tsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp water. For a lighter tasting version, swap the balsamic for a tsp white wine vinegar.

Hi chamcat! I too have recently started slimming world and also have a place in France so am there quite often, although I don't live there. I was wondering if we could keep in touch to swap ideas about good things to buy over there? X

Back