salad dressing ideas please

1eturner

Hi all
im trying to be good and eat more salad but find it quite boring just wondered if anyone had any ideas for dressings.
Thanks

I've been wondering the same thing! I've been looking at the "diet" salad dressings in the supermarkets but they all seem a bit artificially to me, with not many "food" ingredients in, IYKWIM.

I don't tend to go for stuff like cesaer salad dressing, i prefer more balsamic vinegar styleeeee. tempted to invest in some fresh herbs and make my own but not really sure where to start :confused:

rachy86 said:
I've been wondering the same thing! I've been looking at the "diet" salad dressings in the supermarkets but they all seem a bit artificially to me, with not many "food" ingredients in, IYKWIM.

I don't tend to go for stuff like cesaer salad dressing, i prefer more balsamic vinegar styleeeee. tempted to invest in some fresh herbs and make my own but not really sure where to start :confused:

I have not been able to find the syn values but asda do a lovely good for you honey & mustard salad dressing. It tastes delish and really livens up a plain salad.

Maybe someone can help with the syns? X

I'm prolly a bit boring but I just use a drizzle of extra light salad cream and some Aromat seasoning, tastes lovely.

I have not been able to find the syn values but asda do a lovely good for you honey & mustard salad dressing. It tastes delish and really livens up a plain salad.

Maybe someone can help with the syns? X

ooh will check that out next time i go past an asda!

Just checked the syns online in case anyone wanted to know :)

Good for You, Honey & Mustard Dressing, 1 level tbsp ½ EE ½ R ½ G

rachy86 said:
ooh will check that out next time i go past an asda!

Just checked the syns online in case anyone wanted to know :)

Good for You, Honey & Mustard Dressing, 1 level tbsp ½ EE ½ R ½ G

Oh fab, that's great news, it's really yummy and at only 1/2 syn per tbsp, well bargain!!!! :)

for salad dressing i recently been using a tsp of green pesto for my rocket, watercress and spinich salad yummy. think it is about 2syns for tsp roughtly

You can make some really gorgeous salad dressings for free, or really low syns.

Use natural yoghurt for the base if you want it creamy, Philadelphia Light's really good too, but you have to count the syns!

After that, you can use a combination of ingredients - lemon juice and black pepper are really good ones, so is mustard (which does have syns, but it's low). I've used beetroot juice before too (from fresh beetroot) which is really nice. Vinegar's great too, and I love mint sauce - if you buy the right one (I use Colman's Fresh Garden Mint Sauce) that's free too.

Herbs that are good to use are chives and basil, just make sure you chop them up really small so that you don't get too much in one go.

Just experiement with different combinations and see what you like best!

Back