Salad dressing

Peridot

Peridot
Does anyone have a good recipe for a zero syn (or v low) salad dressing? The only one I could find on the site was a Caesar substitute with FF creme fraiche which was pretty grim.

Does anyone have a good recipe for a zero syn (or v low) salad dressing? The only one I could find on the site was a Caesar substitute with FF creme fraiche which was pretty grim.

Hi Peridot

Mine isnt amazingly fantastic lol, but I seem to like the fat free natural yogurt, I had it over pasta with lettuce, tomatoes, celery, r.onion and cucumber while the chicken was seasoned with black pepper, mixed herbs with lemon and garlic with a sprinkle of salt.
was surprisingly lovely, defiantly having it again

Not a recipe, but this one is syn free

Hellmanns Fat Free Vinaigrette Dressing ( per 100ml )
FREE

Depending on how much you want to use, some of the hellmanns are quite low in syns.

HTH

i tend to just use balsamic vinegar on my salads now x

I use balsamic syrup rather than the vinegar which is 0.5 syns for a teaspoon (5ml), or I mix Hellmans LTL mayo (0.5 syns for a level tblsp) with a teaspoon of mint sauce (free) which is nice and zingy :)

I use balsamic syrup rather than the vinegar which is 0.5 syns for a teaspoon (5ml), or I mix Hellmans LTL mayo (0.5 syns for a level tblsp) with a teaspoon of mint sauce (free) which is nice and zingy :)

I'm another one that mixes mint sauce but I mix it with FF yogurt. Also, make sure the mint sauce doesn't contain sugar as it will be synned (minimal, but they all add up!) I use Colman's, its free! You can add a little sweetener if you like ;)

mix Hellmans LTL mayo (0.5 syns for a level tblsp) with a teaspoon of mint sauce (free) which is nice and zingy :)

Oooh def gonna try this, thanks clair. X

I stocked up on Hellman's just yesterday after reading the label. I hope they make me eat more salads.:)

Annie

My usual dressing is:
Lemon juice or lime (squeezed or from bottle)
Balsamic vinegar
Chilli
Garlic
Salt
Pepper
And whatever else is to your tastes and have as much as you want!

i tend to just use balsamic vinegar on my salads now x
This is what I do. I think I posted this in another thread, but I would strongly suggest you invest in the best balsamic you can afford. The really good, oak-barrel aged ones are really expensive, but so worth it! And a little goes a long way, so it lasts for ages.

Back