Salad dressings?

Loving this thread. Pre-SW I can't say I really used a lot of dressings, but nice to know the option is available as Summer (hopefully) looms =] x

I always just use balsamic vinegar and a bit of salt and pepper, but I may have to try some of these other ones out! Do love a bit of salad!

Co-Op's range of light salad dressing are 1/2 syn per tbsp. The Caesar and honey mustard are lovely. Failing that I go for the Helmanns fat free vinaigrette

I usually stick to lighter than light mayo or salad cream but will be trying some of the suggestions here now!

A tsatiski style dressing: Fat free natural yoghurt, black pepper, lime juice, cucumber and a hint chili is nice
The SW magaziine tikka sauce is lovely on top of salad too: fat free natural yoghurt, salt, curry powder, garlic, ginger, a tsp of cumin, and a hint of chili - sounds nicer than it sounds i think
If you're in a major rush, or forget to make a dressing like i did yesterday, just squeeze some lemon over the top and some black pepper or chili - it gives the lettuce some flavour!

Back