Salad/fruit salad

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by charliesworld, 25 October 2010 Social URL.

1. charliesworld

charliesworld Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi - I read a post recently where someone said that they made a fruit salad on a sunday and ate a bit of it each day during the week.

This would be fab for me but whenever I do it with salad or fruit it always seems to go manky after a couple of days. Does anyone have any tips for keeping it fresh? It would be amazing if I could do all my food prep on a sunday when I have time rather than during the week when I'm rushing about and too easily convinced to give it a miss :eek:.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lemonade - diet of course ;)

It should last a few days but not all week - personally I would not want to be eating a fruit salad any longer than a couple of days after it had been prepped

Or lemon juice is the traditional way to stop it browning

4. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    You could always buy frozen fruit salad and put it in individual freezer bags and just take a bag out every day.

5. MancBird

MancBird Always comes back to MMs!

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,

I've been trying this this week as well, I made some on Friday and ate it over weekend, than made some more last night to last me to WI on Wednesday... I will definitely try the Diet Lemo trick though!!

Think I will stick to twice a week as more than 3 days and its not the best...!

xxxx

6. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Personally, I wouldn't leave a fruit salad for any longer than it takes to get from the chopping board to the bowl. I always make my fruit salad and eat it immediately. Fruit starts to lose its freshness and vitamin content the moment that it is cut.

7. little_miss_somersault

little_miss_somersault Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    yeah lemon juice is the only one i can think off as well. i wouldnt eat a fruit salad after a couple of days anyway as the fruit starts going funny whatever you try and do to it..x

8. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    Years ago, I remember a SW consultant saying you shouldn't do this. I can't remember the exact scientific detail but it was something along the lines of the fruit sugars start to increase and ferment and it's not nearly as good for you after a few days as it was when it was freshly made. Don't know how much truth there is in that tbh, but it has put me off keeping it too long just in case!

9. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world

thats a good idea
    thanks very much:)

10. charliesworld

charliesworld Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    LOL I think there was a consensus of opinion there. I'll stick to eating it fresh. The freezer idea was a good one though thanks :)

11. karenhornby

karenhornby Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I usually make my own fruit salad and then put it in the freezer. That way is is still fresh and you can take some out each day. It saves so much money on wasted fruit!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.