Sales rep lunches

Alana

I know there are loads of threads about lunches but does anyone have any good ideas what to take when your on the road all day?
I am a sales rep so normally eat in the car.....so cant heat anything up etc :)

Any ideas will be fab!

Thermos food flask! Make your Pasta n Sauce/Batchelors Savoury Rice/Ainsley Harriot Couscous before you set off!! Alternatively, rice salad and cous cous salad cold. Buying food on the run is a nightmare - haven't found any good grab and run options.

How long do the thermos food flasks keep things like pasta warm for??

I agree with circles on the pasta n sauce held in a flask - the pasta becomes so soft you could eat the lot through a straw!!! v yuckky!!!

However, as a regular traveller I recommend a mini cool bag / box for yogurts, laughing cow, fruit and a food flask for curry, chilli, jacket pot etc. I am also a huge fan of cottage cheese quiche - filling and totally portable!!

Absolutely love pasta with tomatoes and curry....but will it still be hot from 8.45-12.30ish??

The good food flasks keep food warm for up to 6 hours. You get better results with foods that come in a sauce or liquid as this helps keep it hot.

You can also get kettles that plug into your car cigarette lighter socket
12 volt IN CAR KETTLE travel camping boating kettle: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

I've done pasta and sauce in the flask with less water than recommended and it's been ready to eat about 10 minutes later. You need to experiment a bit on quantities and timings to get it right though.

Cous cous works well though, just put it in a tupperware type box, add boiling water and leave for 5 minutes.

And with cereal bars and a coolbox for fruit & veggies, drinks, yoghurts etc you'll be good to go!

Wow the kettle is a good idea then I can have noodles and a cup of tea lol!!! Thanks for the fab ideas x

Back