salmon and veg stirfry with rice EE

MrsBabyCakes

Naughty Fridge Picker
I haven't used one of these recipes before but I went into Sainsburys one day, I dont shop there normally, and I thought I would try out this recipe. I converted it for SW

I have provided piccys lol.

Ingredients

You need a pack of salmon fillets (2 is enuff to feed four)
Green beans
A large courgette
Tin of 'cherry' tomatoes
flour/dont use on SW
pepper and salt to taste.
One veg stock cube with 150ml hot water.
Olive oil/Frylite for SW
Garlic

I did mushrooms as well.

Method

Dice up the salmon into small chunks then dust them with flour.
Halve the courgette and slice them.
Take the ends off the green beans.

Fry the salmon off til golden, in the olive oil, then put salmon to one side. I use the same pan cos i want the flavours, then I put all the veg in, and gently simmered, while stirring them, and then added the tin of tomatoes and stock. Then simmer the veg for 12 mins or until cooked. Then at the end add the salmon again, until warmed through.

The tip I have for rice is this. Use a fine mesh sieve to rinse ur rice under the tap. Then boil a kettle. Get a large pan that will have a lid. Then put rice in pan.

1 mug (normal size mug) of basmati rice is enough to feed 1 adult and 2 children , if you doing 2 kids and 2 adults, i recommend 1 and a 1/2 mugs. You do not need to salt the rice. Then add 3 cups of boiling water (its one cup of boiling water to 1/2 a mug of rice) and bring the rice to the boil.

Straight away as soon as it boils, turn the heat off, give it a good stir,and put the lid on (dont take it off cos its gonna steam ur rice!) . Leave for 20 mins. After twenty minutes it will be perfectly cooked, and still boiling hot. Just fluff the rice with a big spoon, and serve.

I do the rice first then the sauce is usually done by the time the rice is finished.

Serve the sauce on top of the rice.

Syn free on Extra easy plan

stirfrysalmon.jpg

Back