Sample menu - Could this work?

Coucous cake would be perfect for you. It's only 2 syns for the whole cake and I eat it between meals on a green day and it is very filling!! I think it could be the thing you need after your homemade sandwich to satisfy you. It tastes, to me, just like a normal cake. If you want the recipe just let me know :D

I've made myself some really lovely lunches for work. I only work full time day once a week so only have to do it once a week but I have a similar problem in that at work I am surrounded by, and this is no exaggeration, about 100 vending machines. I work in an office and there are 5 coffee break areas, a canteen, a rec room and a quiet room and each has about 8 vending machines in. The canteen is useless for healthy food and the machines are all filled with chocolates cans and crisps.

Anyway my point is that in order for me to not cave and stuff myself with stuff from work I have to take a really big lunch in with me, otherwise I will be in canteen at lunch time or as I'm having my breaks staring at the vending machines I will cave and get a double decker or whatever.

The way I overcome it is to take in a HUGE packed lunch. It is the only way to avoid eating badly for me whilst I'm there, to stuff myself and give myself the Christmas Dinner feeling. I know that sounds crazy but I have to do it to put me off the other food.

Ok so I would often have a homemade sandwich. An egg mayo sandwich on 2 slices of HX B bread with 2 tablespoons of hellman's extra light mayo would only be 2.5 syns. You could jam it packed with egg, even having extra egg mayo in a pot or something, heaped ontop of 2 ryitas (3 SYNS) You could have it with an apple and banana, a muller light, a can of diet drink, a packet of ryvita limbos (3 syns), a fun sized chocolate bar (about 4 SYNS), a tupperware box of salad with cottage cheese on top. I do a salad with some mashed sweet potato on top, super filling and super tasty.
Let's say you had all that, you would be full and your syns would equal 12.5 syns, plus one of your HX Bs. I bet it would be a much better lunch than buying a sandwich. So if you feel that you could make your own, I would really encourage it.

You could even have a mini milk after your tea for 1.5 syns later on or a cup of options for 2 syns. Or if you needed you could add some syns to the bread for spread.

I know you said you don't like cheese but you could see if you like any of the snacking cheeses like laughing cow extra light smeared on ryvita or mini babybel lights, eaten with an apple they are lovely. You could add 3 baby bel light to your lunch for no extra syns, just 1 HX A.

I hope that you can feel more upbeat about it all, I know lunch is a hard point, surrounded by all the other options and loads of other people eating goodness knows what. I promise though that if you prepare a good lunch for yourself that you know you will enjoy, and will fill you up, you won't feel guilty and you won't feel that you are missing out. It'll taste good but also the no guilt factor will taste even better!

Emerald
X

pink toaster..... was you going to class when you didnt lose any weight?? did u follow 100% ?? might be something you was having that u didnt realise was bad?? im sorry i cant coment on the lunch idea as i find it hard enough to work out for myself lol goodluck tho

i agree with the others. i don't really find 400g w/m bread filling either, so sometimes i buy whomeal rolls and trim a little off them so they weigh the correct amount. then i boil a few eggs and mix with low sin salad cream and pile that onto the rolls with salad or a side salad in a lunch box. that's quite filling if you eat 2 rolls (2 hex b) then maybe a yogurt, some fruit, low sin crisps, mini babybels.

there's lots of options for you - it just takes a little effort and planning :)

Thankyou everyone for your help, I really do appreciate it. I've managed to stick to it today, for lunch I made a quorn sandwich on wholemeal stuffed with lettuce, salad cream. I filled my lunchbox full of carrot and celery sticks, an apple, and an orange. I felt a lot more full afterwards, and the lettuce in the sandwich really made a difference.

Right now I'm making the root vegetable biryani from the slimming world magazine, so completely free on green! I've also stocked up on alpen light bars, quorn and some free batchelor's pasta.

I said to my boyfriend today, I'm back on it. I'll stick to it for a week, and if I don't lose, screw it! Although I'm hoping that won't happen...

bachelors cheese and brocolli pasta'n'sauce is nice with quorn pieces and mushrooms added to it. i sometimes chuck that into a lunchbox for work and eat it cold....if that don't fill you up i don't know what will! :)

mmmmm i love mugshots they are filling and almost syn free!! yey 4 mugggysss :) woooo

Hi! Just a thought but it might be better to start a new thread rather than resurrect ones that are nearly two years old as it's a bit frustrating to start reading and then realise that it's so old. Plus some of the information on the thread may be out of date now which could be confusing to newbies.:)

By the way there's a list of mugshot syn values in the syn values sub-forum.

Back