Sams 6st 9 weight loss diary

Samstar

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the CD I've tried all the diets WW, SW calorie counting etc, but never seem to get down to where i want to be.
I've just put on weight steadily over the years after getting married,having kids and I love cooking so unfortunately ended up eating it too !!
So I've decided after a long time of talking myself out of it to start the CD. I feel that seeing the weight coming off quickly I will find an insentive to stick at it.

I'm also an all or nothing kind of girl! If I have one square of chocolate I can't help it but I just have to eat the rest of the bar, hence why I'm here.

So I thought at least if I am having the CD sole source I cant have that one square I know that is off the menu.

I saw my CD consultant last week and decided to start tomorrow as the kids are back in school and just feel it will be easier.

I'm really excited and can't wait to taste the different shakes and soups to see which one are nice, but more so cant wait to see the weight loss.Just a little nervous about willpower so I think I shall keep coming on here to keep my spirits up.
Hopefully by writing this diary it will help keep me motivated cos I know everyone else can see what i'm doing!!
If anyone has any tips or tricks please share them as I'm wanting to stick to this for some time.
I would like to lose 6stone 9lbs. Hope I haven't rambled to much.
Thanks to all of you for your inspiring posts on here :)I'm off to do my measurements now!
xx

Hello Sam!

Good Luck with it, Im starting today and also have a mixture of excitement and nerves!

Jo xxx

Good luck Jo, it is quite exciting, can't wait to see the weight losses.xx

hey sam and welcome to cambridge :)

just make sure you have things to distract yourself with this week, call a friend, paint your nails, take a walk, have a nice bath, play some games etc and before you know it you'll be doing the happy dance at your first weigh in

Woke up this morning day 1 of CD. I never feel hungry in the mornings but today of all day I was starving.Decided its all in the head!

Had a tea with no milk( yuk not for me) so downed a glass of water instead.

I then had a black coffee which I quite liked thank goodness!
Took kids to school and went for a walk with friend just to do a bit of gentle excercise.
Came back from walk and made my breakfast, I thought I'd try original porridge UUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!

Never again I thought it was disgusting. Thank goodness i only bought one. Hopefully the apple and cinnamon and maple syrup one is nicer. I swigged a mouthful of water down after each spoonful.
Think I'll try the vanilla shake for lunch, hope this is an improvement on the porridge, although I'm sure it can't be worse!

I also took my measurements this morning, was horrified that my waist was only 2 inches smaller than my bust, I reckon that will keep me going on this diet. Going to go and do some housework to keep my mind off food now. I'll let you all know how I get on with the rest of my shakes. :)

hey sam and welcome to cambridge :)

just make sure you have things to distract yourself with this week, call a friend, paint your nails, take a walk, have a nice bath, play some games etc and before you know it you'll be doing the happy dance at your first weigh in

Thanks, yes I've decided to give the house a spring clean as it needs it after kids home at easter hols.
Your weight loss is amazing have you done that on the cambridge? well done. Have you found it quite easy to stick to?

What a first day! I had the chocolate shake for lunch whizzed up with some ice and it was gorgeous, although I think I did add a bit too much ice as it could have been stronger.Thank goodness that tasted good after the porridge I had this morning. This evening I had a Spicy Tomato soup which was also really nice and quite suprisingly filling.
So I feel pretty good for my first day, I noticed how conscious I have to be around food as I just naturally would pop the odd sweet or chip or whatever I was cooking in my mouth without realising, but I've stayed 100% today, so I'm really pleased. I also had to make a cake for a party and I made OH and kids a cake and didn't lick the bowl.!!
I think I'll just take each day at a time

Day 2 was yesterday for me and I had iced vanilla shake with a teaspoon of coffee for breakfast, I think this could be my breakfast from now on, I has choc orange shake for lunch which was nice too, and then I had a chicken and mushroom soup for tea and I really liked that. I always thought I was more of a sweet than savoury person, but I was glad to have something savoury by the evening.
Day went ok couple of hunger pangs but I just drank water when I felt hungry. I did feel quite cold most of the day.
To top it off I had to ice a cake aswell as I make birthday, wedding etc cakes and this was a real test with the sweet smell of icing under your nose it makes you want something yummy but I just had a yummy shake!!lol

Day 3 I did feel a little weak by the end of day2, I also had a rash on my legs and inner arms but I think this is due to go to swimming pool on sunday, seems to have calmed down this morning. Having a vanilla shake with coffee and ice this morning, I'm off to work today so I think I'll take one of my gross porridges just to get throught it, I only used half of my vanilla shake this morning so I'll have an iced vanilla coffee to look forward to when I get home!
I think i am getting into ketosis, I have some ketostix but think I'll wait to test tomorrow. I do feel different today. I dare I say it I feel lighter ( probably lack of food in my stomach ha ha). I'll let you know what I think of the apple and cinnamon porridge. Hope today goes well, think I'll be ok feel less cravings for food today.

Had the cinnamon and apple porridge for lunch, was ok but dont think I'll order it again. I shall try the maple and pecan porridge tomorrow, I do hope I like it cos it would be good to have something with a different texture to the soup and shakes. Had the oriental chilli tonight it was lush!! I've been struggling tonight feel grumpy don't know why. I'm just trying to keep busy cos I always reach for the choccy went i'm feeling down.Just try to keep thinking of the weight I will lose as its only for a short time compared to the years I've spent dieting and not got anywhere.

Samstar said:
Had the cinnamon and apple porridge for lunch, was ok but dont think I'll order it again. I shall try the maple and pecan porridge tomorrow, I do hope I like it cos it would be good to have something with a different texture to the soup and shakes. Had the oriental chilli tonight it was lush!! I've been struggling tonight feel grumpy don't know why. I'm just trying to keep busy cos I always reach for the choccy went i'm feeling down.Just try to keep thinking of the weight I will lose as its only for a short time compared to the years I've spent dieting and not got anywhere.

Hello samstar!!! Good luck on your weight loss journey my friend is starting on weds and you have roughly same weight to lose as her!!! I am on day 6 well just finishing it going to bed soon :) I am a person like you that can't just have one piece of anything I need the whole lot!!! I will just warn you in one day you can go from euphoria to wanting any food going I think it's all in our heads because I never feel hungry just miss eating :(
Hope you continue as well as you are doing I like the maple and pecan best out of the porridges and your right it's nice having different textures - I like soups as well even though I have a major sweet tooth
Speak soon
Luv Sharon xxxxxx

Hello samstar!!! Good luck on your weight loss journey my friend is starting on weds and you have roughly same weight to lose as her!!! I am on day 6 well just finishing it going to bed soon :) I am a person like you that can't just have one piece of anything I need the whole lot!!! I will just warn you in one day you can go from euphoria to wanting any food going I think it's all in our heads because I never feel hungry just miss eating :(
Hope you continue as well as you are doing I like the maple and pecan best out of the porridges and your right it's nice having different textures - I like soups as well even though I have a major sweet tooth
Speak soon
Luv Sharon xxxxxx
Hi Sharon, Thanks, I know just what you mean that you crave eating not because your hungry but just missing it. I felt terrible today I think if my hubbie had stood to close to me I would have taken a bite out of him!! I tried the maple and pecan yesterday but really didn;t like it. I think I'll get the tetras to take to work from now on. Good luck on your loss and well done

Day 4 had the banana shake for brekkie it was delicious, think I'm going off the iced vanilla coffee. Its so weird how your taste can change. Had the maple and pecan porridge for lunch yuk !! Had leek and potato for tea and that was nice and felt really full after.
Tested with ketostix and I'm definitely in ketosis HOORAY!!!!

Samstar said:
Day 4 had the banana shake for brekkie it was delicious, think I'm going off the iced vanilla coffee. Its so weird how your taste can change. Had the maple and pecan porridge for lunch yuk !! Had leek and potato for tea and that was nice and felt really full after.
Tested with ketostix and I'm definitely in ketosis HOORAY!!!!

Hello you hope your going strong still p.s keep hubby away don't wanna see ya in paper/news woman arrested for taking chunks out of hubby :D
Well done for being in ketosis xxxxxx

Hello you hope your going strong still p.s keep hubby away don't wanna see ya in paper/news woman arrested for taking chunks out of hubby :D
Well done for being in ketosis xxxxxx
Hi yeah I m doing great thanks, lol my hubby is safe today, I've not craved at all!I'm on day 6 today not had a chance to write my last days diary but will do soon.
How are you doing are you finding it easy to follow. xx

Day 5 was yesterday for me and I had a terrible day.
I went to work early after having half a vanilla shake as my hubby was cooking fry up for him and kids and I just didn't want to smell it!When I got to work they all ordered a breakfast roll. By that point I'd had enough of everyone, but still kept telling myself they were probably disgusting. I felt quite weak and tired by about 1 pm. I didn't get home till 3 pm so I had my chocolate shake and within an hour I felt like a different person. By the evening I had soup but was really craving so decided to have the last half of vanilla shake with hot water and spoon of instant coffee and I took 2 swigs out of it and couldn't bare it . By this point I was trying to think of every excuse in the book I could think of not sticking to the diet. Its crazy how our moods can change so quickly.I didn't give I stuck to my diet and felt pleased with myself when I woke in morning

Day 6 and I woke early and made kids and hubbies packed lunch ready for day out at rugby match. Then made all of their breakfasts which was ham and cheese omelette. Got through day without any cravings haven't felt down at all about not eating anything. I am really pleased with how today has gone . Im not saying its easy but it is getting better. i'm just scared as I know h.ow quick the mood can change, but I just keep talking myself out of it.

Samstar said:
Hi yeah I m doing great thanks, lol my hubby is safe today, I've not craved at all!I'm on day 6 today not had a chance to write my last days diary but will do soon.
How are you doing are you finding it easy to follow. xx

Easy that is not the word I would use!!!! I have days where one minute great then I want to eat (back and forth back and forth) but I am coping :) I am on day 9 now xxxx

Easy that is not the word I would use!!!! I have days where one minute great then I want to eat (back and forth back and forth) but I am coping :) I am on day 9 now xxxx
Yeah I know what you mean, the last two days I haven't found it too hard, just hoping this is the start of things to come.
Well done on your weight loss that amount is fantastic:D

Day 7 yesterday. I woke up and felt quite good, had a strawberry shake for breakfast, really nice. I then had a chocolate mint for lunch and that was nice too. Don't like this cold feeling all the time though but I will get used to it, I just need to wear more layers while I'm on the diet although glad its not winter!! Had a meeting to go to last night so after making kids and hubbie sheperds pie and veg and raspberry sponge and custard for pudding (gutted but managed to sniff it lots haha!) I thought I would have my soup when i got back from meeting. Meeting didn't finish till late and by this time I was pooped so just drank some water and went to bed. I did have a headache late afternoon and took to ibuprofen but my only worry afterwards was that they were coated and I think there is sugar on this coating I hope this didn't kick me out of ketosis.

Back