SandraB, guess what i bought today??? food mentioned

SlimmerSu

Gold Member
Although these are all for Christmas, I am really worried that i haven't changed my thoughts on food..

I bought Cadburys chocolate biscuit selection, 4 bags of fun size mars and maltesers, 4 tubs of sweets-1kg each (for the kids, supposedly!! lol), and 5 boxes of mint matchmakers (for me :sigh:).. This is all to be washed down with the 10 2 litre bottles of diet pepsi that i also got..

It looks really bad now i have written it down, but i never thought i would still want the same foods 6 weeks later .. What am i gonna do???

associate chocolate with poo?? makes it less tempting?? pmsl xxx

I realise this is addressed to Sandra but thought I'd chip in! Lol!

Last time I did this diet I kept the weight off for 18 months before gaining anything and when I did gain it was due to depression not my general way of life so with that in mind....

I still always enjoyed 'goodies' I found that what I liked hadn't changed BUT I'd learnt to control how often I ate these things. I maintained by eating very healthily 90% of the time and having the odd indulgence. I think if you can do that then you'll be laughing.

So what I'm trying to say is just cos you still like chocs etc does not mean you won't cope off LT so long as you do everything in moderation. Obviously this is different for everyone but it worked for me :) xx

That was brilliant advice Lois, so thank you.. It really is worrying me.. I have tried tea and coffee again too, but can't stand it. I even tried with sweetener (i am used to sugar), but it tasted foul!! I am really paranoid that my taste buds will be just the same.

The only reason it was addressed to Sandra is because she always tells me off and makes me promise not to touch it!! lol.. I am really grateful.. You chip in any time you like hun!! lol x x x

poo and chocolate???? lmaoooooooooooooooo.. That's just wrong!!! lol x x

Im only trying to help ! pmsl My downfall will be crisp cold white wine! You can keep the chocolate xx

I don't drink, so that won't affect me.... Is wine that bad then? Can you ration it?? lol

I don't drink, so that won't affect me.... Is wine that bad then? Can you ration it?? lol

Ration wine? Evidently the hysteria at the thought of chocolate has caused you to lose your mind! Lmao! Xx

Although these are all for Christmas, I am really worried that i haven't changed my thoughts on food..

I bought Cadburys chocolate biscuit selection, 4 bags of fun size mars and maltesers, 4 tubs of sweets-1kg each (for the kids, supposedly!! lol), and 5 boxes of mint matchmakers (for me :sigh:).. This is all to be washed down with the 10 2 litre bottles of diet pepsi that i also got..

Su, look the thing is u cant avoid these things forever or u will completely crumble its not realistic esp with children.
everything in moderation and well thats wot u have to remember, u can still have them dont avoid them. however the poo thing kinda made me gag pmsl dont think i will ever be able to look at a mars bar again.

lydia xx

lol daisy i do agree actually i think u have made alot of people not ever want to eat choc again esp the nutty stuff....lolol hopefully my choc LT wont have the same affect :)

lydia xx

Oh Su, I'm exactly the same. I'm stocking up a whole cupboard of Christmas goodies already, and only planning on a week of chomping before January restart. There's already enough there to last a year! :eek: I also added to my cupboard today! I to am very worried my habits and thoughts aren't changing or going to change. I still know I am very much addicted to food. I've lost massive amounts of weight in the past and eventually regained it all :( I'm going to try to put plans in place when the time comes to stop this happening again, ie. 100% healthy, exercising and behaving 6 days a week, with a treat day once a week where I can have whatever I like without guilt or worry. Who knows how it will pan out, but I know from the past how awful it feels to regain such hard lost weight, and I really don't want to do it again!

xx

That's a brilliant idea Jayne.. I might try that too...(Although i think Christmas is just going to be a scoff-fest!! lol)

I have also decided that as i lose weight i am throwing away all my bigger clothes, and anything with elasticated waists (except maybe a couple of pairs of jogging bottoms)... That way, i will have nothing to "grow" into, so if my clothes start getting tight i have to address it rather than put off getting rid of the excess.. If i have nothing to wear i will have to take steps to lose it!!

I usually scoff starting at the begining of December and by the 25th I'm too full to enjoy my Xmas meal...sad but true!! :eat:
This year I'm planning to do LT up to 24th and then have a perfectly lovely Xmas meal, stuffing 'nall and defo the crisp white wine (Daisy1966)! Then STOP! Back to the milkshakes for a week, then onto Slimming World.
LT is great, I'm the biggest fan, but you have to re-enter the 'real' world eventually. So no stocking up for me as yet, there will only be hubby and I at Xmas this year anyway, and definitely no Ferro Rochier...squirrell poo :sign0137:

Hi everyone, I'm going to be fairly unpopular here now I'd say..but how about not making Christmas about eating all the rubbish?? How come we think that just because it's Christmas we have to stock up on trash and have chocolates for breakfast? When I was growing up we didn't really have that stuff in the house (because with 5 of us it never lasted long so Mam just stopped buying it). At Christmas there'd be a few boxes of biscuits around maybe but nothing too tempting. Yeah, on Christmas day there was a mountain of food, our dinner consists of 8 courses to this day, but not loads of sweets. How about trying to change our perspectives a bit, make Christmas all about playing family games and going for freezing cold walks so that the fire feels so cosy when we get home and just everyone sitting around together. I know it's easier for me to imagine this as I don't have kids or a husband to contend with but even when my boyfriend lived with me I never had that stuff in the house (obviously I still had cheese and bread and lot of pasta to get me to the size I am today :(). Anyway, I'm not judging anyone or anything like that but just this diet has been making me think a lot about how I view food and I'm trying to challenge the well trained ideas in my brain. xxx

Hi Ella Belle
Here Here well said. I'm even considering staying on LT for Christmas. To many of my Christmas's in the past have been about gorging and overindulgence. This year, I'm determined it's going to be different. Also in the past, there has been a 3 week run up to x mas day, of meals out, work doos, takeaways, drinking etc. Every christmas I managed to put on a stone, cause if you include the 3 week run up, the day itself and a week to new years, new years itself, it's just one big gorge fest. This year, for me, it will be different. It's good to talk about it now, cause "fail to prepare, prepare to fail".

Back