Santa's Presents - where does he leave them?

reading this thread has made me a bit sad, as i dont remember believing in Santa much as a child - although i have one vague memory of being at grandmas as a little girl looking up at the night sky on xmas eve - reindeer hunting! We didnt have much money when i was a little one, so i think i might have had very small presents off santa - nothing big!

It has also made me feel slightly excited - i cant wait to have my own family and do all these lovely things for my children.

x

reading this thread has made me a bit sad, as i dont remember believing in Santa much as a child - although i have one vague memory of being at grandmas as a little girl looking up at the night sky on xmas eve - reindeer hunting! We didnt have much money when i was a little one, so i think i might have had very small presents off santa - nothing big!

It has also made me feel slightly excited - i cant wait to have my own family and do all these lovely things for my children.

x

My Christmasses were pretty rubbish as a child, In fact I only have bad memories of childhood christmas. But making traditions with your own family is fantastic!

I did see giant stockings in Aldi yesterday, but they were £6.99 a pop! So I would aim for Poundland/B&M/Home Bargains/Wilko. Wilko even have some of their stuff in the sale at the moment.

We always get new pjs for Christmas, and my nana always got my mum and I new pants. No nana now, so I will get my mum some pants, so she doesn't have a cold nakie bum in the new year :D I really miss not being a grandaughter anymore :(

One drunken year, I remember leaving Santa a garbled note, combined with an egg, can of coke and a parsnip I think - couldn't locate the mince pies, carrots were already prepped for the next day, and mum had snaffled all the sherry.

As a kid, I remember being confused as to how Santa got in, as we didn't have a chimney. But we were told not to worry, Santa could squeeze through key holes. I have since discussed this with friends who also lacked chimneys, and they were told Santa had keys for every house - now why didn't my parents think of that!

I saw big stocking/sacks in tescos yesterday! Not sure on price though

Our stockings were always put in the end of our beds then we'd get into my mum and dads bed to open them ..... I literally had to drag my older sister out of bed once she hit 16...bit of a scrooge!! Then we'd all pile downstairs and have croissants and have presents from both Santa and everyone else

Now we're older and neither of us have children yet we still have stockings but we've started doing them for my parents too - we each draw a name out of a hat to do a surprise stocking, but everyone ends up telling who they've got!!!

We didn't have stockings when I was little but my mum would do something called a "tree present" which was something small enough to be hidden on the tree, usually earrings or something like that (this year she's done me a tiny handbag with chocolates in!:)) There would also be one present under the tree from Father Christmas, all the others were from parents and family. My nan used to have a castle on her mantlepiece and Father Christmas would alwaes leave me and my sister a present there too! We would have to lower the drawbridge to get it! :)

Now with my kids, all the presents go under the tree, but anything in their stocking is from Father Christmas, only little pocket money stuff. We've spent about £10 on their stocking stuff this year, including a chocolate orange (gotta have an orange in your stocking, haven't you?:))

Back