Saraaagee - One day at a time!

saraaagee

I had started a hand written diary for my weight loss journey, but it seems to me a good idea to write one on here, that I know other people may read, which, in my own head, will push me to do better.

Well thats the first week down, and I have lost 6 pounds! Not bad considering i ate out 4 times this week - not by my own choosing might I add! People just keep wanting to take me out for dinner.

I'm really happy at 6 pounds, but I'm pretty sure this week won't be as successful, I have the joys of TOTM, which usually makes me want to eat everything in site.

My problem today, mind you, is not being able to eat enough. I have had 3 meals, a snack and hot chocolate for supper, but still have had very low calories for the day. Though this will maybe give me a little more leeway when TOTM does start!

Well I have had a good start, and I may not really feel the difference yet, but if I keep it up, I'll reach my goal before I know it!

Hey yes, I'm calorie counting. It's been a complete lifestyle cvhange and I can't believe how well I have adapted though! Two weeks ago a packet of custurd creams would last me 2 days, as would all the other goodies in the cupboard. I've got a packet of go ahead chocolate crunch bars in the cupboard this week, and they have been their for two weeks!

I don't expect to lose much this week mind you. What with TOTM, and me feeling rotten, I'm not expecting huge change, but I'd be happy staying the same.

WI this morning. 2 more pounds gone. Not as impressive as last week, but I am happy it is anything because I really thought I had put it all back on again! I was a little naughty over the weekend, and I felt really yucky because of it, BUT the feeling gave met the motivation to keep going, and showed me how much I hated feeling like that everynight.

AND realistically, I never wanted to lose big every week. My plan had been to lose slowly and steadily. So I'm happy. Just got to keep it up and feel good!

I had started a hand written diary for my weight loss journey, but it seems to me a good idea to write one on here, that I know other people may read, which, in my own head, will push me to do better.

Well thats the first week down, and I have lost 6 pounds! Not bad considering i ate out 4 times this week - not by my own choosing might I add! People just keep wanting to take me out for dinner.

I'm really happy at 6 pounds, but I'm pretty sure this week won't be as successful, I have the joys of TOTM, which usually makes me want to eat everything in site.

My problem today, mind you, is not being able to eat enough. I have had 3 meals, a snack and hot chocolate for supper, but still have had very low calories for the day. Though this will maybe give me a little more leeway when TOTM does start!

Well I have had a good start, and I may not really feel the difference yet, but if I keep it up, I'll reach my goal before I know it!

I do a hand written journal as well as this electronic one..and I hope at your weigh in, things are fine. It very tempting and sometimes it feels like sense to eat rubbish when feeling rubbish

Belle

Well, today has been rubbish. Stayed the same :( I knew I had been rubbish last night, but it makes the hard work throughout the week (more exercise than usual, being extra careful) feel totally worthless. I am thinking that I might change my Weigh In day. I find weekends REALLY difficult... and I know it shouldn't really be an excuse, but I think if I had a midweek weigh in, it might work for me better. I'm gonna mark todays Weigh In, but I'm gonna change to Thursday to see if that helps my motivation any. I'm one of these people who will lose all motivation if i don't see any change.

Rather than waiting a week and a half till my next Weigh In, I'm gonna make my Week 3 WI this Thursday, but still note down lightly in pencil what was this weeks.

Wish me luck!

Well, today has been rubbish. Stayed the same :( I knew I had been rubbish last night, but it makes the hard work throughout the week (more exercise than usual, being extra careful) feel totally worthless. I am thinking that I might change my Weigh In day. I find weekends REALLY difficult... and I know it shouldn't really be an excuse, but I think if I had a midweek weigh in, it might work for me better. I'm gonna mark todays Weigh In, but I'm gonna change to Thursday to see if that helps my motivation any. I'm one of these people who will lose all motivation if i don't see any change.

Rather than waiting a week and a half till my next Weigh In, I'm gonna make my Week 3 WI this Thursday, but still note down lightly in pencil what was this weeks.

Wish me luck!
Gosh, you really are down on yourself.If you lose motivation so easily, how are you going to get through to the end? If it was going to be easy you would have lost the weight by now and living the life you want.

There is a thread on the board about looking at your mindset and your body will follow.

Anyway I would wish you luck but I think losing weight and becoming healthy is more about organisation and strategies and being able to pick yourself up when the going gets tough.

I been reading through many of the old threads , even if the people are not here their helpful words are.

Belle

Hi Saraaagee,

If you know that weekends are your downfall but you are fine during the week, try to save some extra calories for the weekend.

I have 1000 cals a day plus 300 a day extra. I started with 250 extra but have put it up to 300 as I was struggling and can still lose with 300 extra but it'll take a bit longer. Since this is a long term thing it needs to be something you can stick to. My extras are nearly always used for chocolate, sweets or alcohol.

Try to think of practical ways to help yourself. When I dieted before I used to struggle with Saturday nights. Alcohol is high in calories and once you've had a few, your will power goes and you drink even more. I used to save 100 cals a day during the week which would give me an extra 500 for Saturday. I drank Gin and diet tonic because it's only 50 cals and put a pen mark on the inside of my forearm for every drink I had. Sunday morning I was sometimes horrified at the number of marks I had made but even if it was only half or 1 pound a week, I usually lost every week. I lost a total of 58lb doing that, it did take over a year but it stayed off for years. Had a wobble this year coz hubby gone doing voluntary work so I've gone back a bit.

Good luck and don't be hard on yourself. Set yourself goals that are achieveable and you'll suceed.

Tracey

Thank you both for your advice. I've hid away from it all for the last few days, and I'm now back with avengence. I know this is doable, I've just had a bad week or so and it had really got me down. When I first started this (only four weeks ago I know!) life was pretty normal, I was working... looking at starting my own business, but it was going to be next summer, after speaking to a business advisor I have moved the start date to January, and I have just been really stressed out over the last couple of weeks trying to sort it out, and I lost track. I do have a personality that I lose motivation very easily, in every part of life. But I have found a job I am going to apply for, going abroad to teach during next summer, and I think this will help my motivation.

That's a really good idea for saving calories. I don't know why I never really thought about doing anything like that.

I wonder if doing a more set out plan (Even something like SW or WW) would suit me better. I have tried Slim Fast before, and althought it worked, I don't think I can do it long term... Although maybe it would be worth trying as I didn't really struggle with it. The SW near me doesn't suit me time wise though, but it certainly seems to be very popular on here! I have also considered Scottish Slimmers, but to be perfectly honest I don't know much about them all, and I really don't know if I can afford it. And I am a really fussy eater. Which is why I felt calorie counting was better for me.

I'm really annoyed at myself for falling at the first hurdle. Now I've got to pick myself up, dust myself off, and keep going. I know I need to do this. I know I want to do this. I know I CAN do this :)

Try to look on the bright side, if you hadn't started 4 weeks ago you would not have lost the weight you have.

If you're a fussy eater, work out the calorie value of meals you like and stick to them for a while and then gradually add others later. Try to think of ways of making your favouite foods with less calories. I like roast potatos so I spray with the 1 cal stuff and then you are only counting the calorie value of the potatos not the fat.

If you're eating a limited range of foods for a while - so what!

My basic evening meal is either;
4oz chicken, or 6oz salmon or other fish, or 3oz other lean meat.
5oz potatos boiled, roast, or mashed (I add veggies to the mash so it seems like more), or 2oz dried weight rice or pasta.
As much veg as I want.
Diet yogourt.

I can't stand having to start thinking of what I'm going to eat because that's fatal, I'm in the biscuits or crisps while I think.

Where you goin to teach? That sounds good.

Tracey

I've only started the application process tonight, but I work for Razzamataz Theatre Schools teaching singing, and they hold a summer school within a lost of Thomson's/First Choice Resorts. I think they include Mallorca, mainland Spain, Greece, Dominican Republin and Egypt (plus probably lots more). I know if I was to get the job I would need to lose lots of weight to simply be comfortable for 6 weeks in the sun - it's bad enough being in the sun being pale and a red head, but it would be ten times worse with extra weight!

Yeh I have that problem when trying to decide what to eat...

Today has been a lot better, I have been a lot more careful, and I'm still not feeling like nibbling. Doing good one day really helps you feel better motivated for the next!

That sounds really good fun. You might be near me - I live mainland Spain and it's very hot here in summer. You've got a good target to aim for if you're going to do it and you could be a lot lighter by then.

I've had one of my usual meals for tea; salmon, potatos, carrots and small glass of wine and I'm saving my last 200 calories for later.

Tracey

I'm really excited about it! Just hope I don't get my hopes too high then don't get it. It's a really good opportunity though!

Today, my mum took my little sister and me for a late lunch so I had macaroni cheese, but i couldh't finish it, which was a good thing cos macaroni is my absolute fave! I got home about 4, and since I've had a couple of breadsticks and a yoghurt, so I'm quite happy today.

I hope you get it, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Well done for not finishing your macaroni cheese. I can't remember the last time I left something on my plate. One of my problems is I eat so quickly that my stomach hasn't time to tell my brain it's full - I should try to eat more slowly but it's very difficult.

I'm trying to wish the night away coz all my calories have been eaten, I'm drinking gaseosa (spanish sort of lemonade) coz it's got no calories and I'm gona have an early night.

Tracey

Hey Saragee,

just keep on keeping on.And find a system that works for you. Likewise you might find that you need different types of diets for different times.Are you active? I find that that helps a lot to curb nibbling.

Likewise I find 'motivation' is a fair weather friend, so little things to help yourself in the one day are important I think. Maybe you could promise yourself even if you have a rubbish day you will post here and review your actions?

REMEMBER KOKO

keep_on_keepin_on_womens_motivational_t_shirt-p235488214853953823qnjy_400.jpg

Back