Sarah G's Calorie Counting Diary :)

sgcoolchick

Hey People,

I have been doing Exante for 2 weeks and after feeling so hungry and bad tempered I have decided to give this a go! I have been doing 6-800 calories on exante drinking just shakes *yawn* so i am going to stick to under 1000 cals week days and at weekends have a nice meal out either on the sat or sun but to stick to 1000 cals on one of the other- so basically one day off a week :) Just been to Tescos and have found some great finds thanks to your ideas and input, it's amazing how many calories are in things you would never of thought!

So...

Monday

B - Was not hungry
Snack- Low far crisps- 75
L- Veg Curry and Pitta - 400 cals
D- Noodles with kurly kale and low fat creme fresh - 400 cals approx
Snack - Special K Bar- 89 cals

Lots of water through out the day!

Total cals :964

Tuesday

B- 2 slices nimble bread (no spread but teas spoon of creme fresh) and 2 thin ham slices 125 cals

L- same as above (125 cals) plus packet of skips 89 cals

Snack- 1 packet of tescos mini pretzles 93 cals and 4 x mikado sticks 44 cals

Dinner- Sticky chicken made with diet coke and half uncle bens rice approx 400 cals

Snack- maybe a mini milk or a carburys low far choc moose - no more than 70 cals

total: 946 :)

Just a few things i found at tesco today:

*Tesco plain whit pittas 125 cals- compared to the brown or healthy ones which are 175 cals!

*Quorn are now doing a sweet and sour ready meal which is massive and looks lush and 390 cals!

*dutch crisp bread only 14 cals each! yum yum!

Welcome and good luck x

oooo im going to check out that quorn meal! thanks for the tip!

Morning CC'ers!

My monday weigh in showed i had only lost 1/2lb doing exante for a week... well today 3 days after doing cc'ing and actually putting food in my gob- 2lbs down!!! amazing! so my official weigh in day is going to be Saturdays this is because i am going to indulge on saturday nights (takeaway, eat out- but have a health option) and then i have a whole week of cc'ing until the next weigh in. I started exante 2 weeks ago at 19.12lbs, i am now 19.2-1/2 so that 10.5lbs lighter if i can get to 19 by the weekend that would be awesome. I am having between 8-1000 cals a day and not feeling hungry- i think the exante thing has made me greatful for any food at all! i want to get to 15 stone by June...do you think this is dooable? I am swimming 1-2 times a week and walking the dogs for an hour 3-4 times a week. Any ideas or similar experiences?

So today's food-

B- 2 slices Nimmble with tea spoon cottage cheese and a couple slices of wafer thin ham - 125 cals

S- Packet of Skips - 89 cals

L- Quorn sweet and sour ready meal 375

S- Cadburys moose 69

D- last nights sticky chicken and rice left over v small and pitta
300 cals max

S- Mini Milk 30 cals

Total 988

Morning, how is everyone? went for a lovely swim last night 25 lengths :) not sure how many cals that burnt but it felt good!

...so today's menu is:

B- 3rice crackers with cottage cheese 150

S- Packet of skips 89

L- Tesco light meal- chinease stir fry thing on 300 cals

S- Mini Milk 45

D- jacket potato with cottage cheese 225

S- Choc moose 69

total 878 :)

Its my first proper day today so im a bit apprehensive but feeling hopeful. Are you sure your eating enough?

Hi Katie, i only started on monday and already 2.5lbs down, i have been doing exante (just milkshakes) for 2 weeks and thats a max of 6-800 cals. i dont feel hungry, nor am i denying myself anything- i should probably be having more like 1500 a day but i am just over 19 stone and would like to achieve 15 by may / june. whats your goal and whats your meal plan? x

Welcome and good luck :)

You sound like you are doing really well already - I think your goal is totally doable, just stick at it and work hard.

You sound like you have found good staple foods for your diet. I have gone slightly off track, but found that as soon as you have those foods that you can always fall back on (mine are ham, Philadelphia cheese and wraps!) then you are getting there.

Good luck :)

Hi Sarah, thanks for the advice :) oh another sarah, from devon! where in devon are you from? you have done really well! how long has it taken you and how many carbs a day are you having?>x

I see, exante sounds hard!
Atm I am calorie counting and using a bit of Rosemary conley for inspiration. Today is my first proper day and im starting on 1200 :)
As long as you are feeling healthy and not hungry then good for you, your doing really well!
Just remember you will still lose if you eat more and you wont plateau at such a low level of cals that you cant maintain your losses, eating more to start might help but you have to do what you feel is right for you!
Ive got my fingers crossed for you that you will get to where you want to be! xx

Thanks Katie, i find reading peoples diary entries for food inspiration really works, i walked round tescos horrified at things i would never believe were so high in carbs! good luck and keep posting :) x

Are you sure that you guys aren't the same person?!?!? lol!!!

Well done on the loss so far Sarah, clearly your body doesn't respond to meal replacement... I don't think mine would either... I LOVE TO EAT!!! Lol!!! x

Morning peeps, how we all doing? well i am not having a good day...
I am house sitting for a friend and the dog has gone walkabout somewhere on the farm! whooops! i'm waiting to pop to tescos to stock up on low cal foods but i can't go until the bloody dog returns!

So today I have had- bowl of cereal (small bowl), packet of pretzeles and a special k bar...i'm starving and need to go get some supplies but i'm stuck! ha.... oh well .... also weighed myself and have put on 2lbs according to the scales ha will teach me to weigh every day! official weigh in tomorrow :)x

That's the thing that throws me more than anything else - the fluctuations on the scales. I still do lots of sneaky weigh-ins though ;)

Hope the dog turns up soon and Mr Tesco has some nice low cal stuff for you.

hehe thanks! yes the dog turned up about an hour later! went to tescos- they are doing Ken Holm chinease- 2 main meals, 2 x rice and one side dish all for £5! bargain! so picked up some low cal chinease dishes approx 600 for the whole meal- better than getting the real thing! also discovered the marshmallow waffer things- omg only 50 cals...ooh and pom bear too under 100 cals brilliant :) how are you doing today? x

Just got in. The heating hasn't clicked on yet and it's coooooooold!

I'm teetering on the brink of manflu - but the diet's going well :D

Back