Sarah Waters Novels

Discussion in 'Book Club' started by Sammy84, 23 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Sammy84

Sammy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.73%)
    Diet:
    Eating Sensibly and Exercise
    Hey everyone
    Just wanted to see if anyone else is a fan of Sarah Waters?
    Her novels include 'Tipping The Velvet', 'Fingersmith', 'Affinity' and 'The Night Watch'?
    The first two novels have been on the Tv, on BBC1. The novels are based around the victorian time, and then 'The Night Watch' around WWII
    Beautifully written, some people consider them a bit controversial as the author is a lesbian and does focus on relationships, but in a very romantic and touching way.
    Would love to hear anyone elses thoughts on these.:p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. abz

abz Gold Member

i've heard a lot about her stuff but have as yet to read any of it. i do read a lot of gay fiction though. i'll look her out.

abz xx

4. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    I loved fingersmith and tipping the velvet...the programs didnt do them justice. xx

5. Sammy84

Sammy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.73%)
    Diet:
    Eating Sensibly and Exercise
    I have to be honest, i am really lucky as i know the author and i always get the beautiful hard back versions, autographed. My favourite is Fingersmith, so unbelievably clever, and not at all predictable, i read most of it with my mouth open in shock! lol

6. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    OMG really?? That is awesome. She is a brilliant author. I know what you mean about having your mouth open in shock.........I read at work and all of a sudden i will go " Oh my GOD!!!!" the guys think im nuts.

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.