*sarahlou87*'s Food diary.

Well I've been MIA for god knows how long. But I've mabaged to maintain most of my loss. I'm going to be starting sns tomorrow. I've done it before so I know what I'm dealing with. I'm looking forward to it. My life is in a very different place even compared with just a month ago. I can't wait to tell you all what's going on. I'm going to leave that till tomorrow though. Will give me something to do with my hands and keep me busy. Hope everyone is okay <3

Morning all. Well today is the day. My packs don't arrive till 2 ish which is fine. The sns website says I need to drink 4/4.5 litres of water includ8ng my shakes which is more than I thought I was supposed to have. Atkeast it will keep me full haha.

So whats going on with me? Well I've sokd my bakery. I'm using the money to reinvest to have a catering kitchen built so I can go into food production rather than the retail side of things as baking is where my passion lies. I'm also finally moving into a bigger place. Me and my ex split in October 2013. but due to unforseen circumstances we are still living together. And he will be moving with me. But as a roomate. Which is better than us crammed in a one bed place and me on the sofa/blow up bed. Which is really really exciting for me. I'm so pumped. But it also means alot of work and upheaval over the next 3 months. Which is why I wanted to start sns now. To take food and dieting and cooking out of the equation to free up even more of my time. Just having a black coffee now and will start on the water in a bit while I potter around doing housework as I don't have work till 3pm. Luckily I got my shakes delivered to the bakery so they will be there when I get there at 3 so I can get cracking. Feeling really positive about it. Long may it continue! Have a great day

Hey Sarah great to see you're hopping aboard!!
All your plans sound really exciting, it's funny how much your life can turn in a direction you'd never have thought and actually end up better!

Looking forward to following your success!

Hey Sarah great to see you're hopping aboard!!
All your plans sound really exciting, it's funny how much your life can turn in a direction you'd never have thought and actually end up better!

Looking forward to following your success!

Yaaay! Welcone happybunny! They are really exciting... well for me anyway. My life has been a little stuck for the last 18 months and it feels really good that things are moving in the right direction. I never thought they would. I've watched alot of things and people around me change and get good luck and such. But I haven't really. And it's nice that it's finally my turn! Hence the cynical part of tye name of my diary. I'm nit a very optimistic person haha.

But I'm lucky I have a couple of amazing people in my life supporting me and have done through these rough times. And I'm slowly filtering out the negatives ones. And I have alot of those. But thank you for following me. I'm afraid I can't promise it will be interesting and not just post after post of me moaning. But will give you something to read either way!

Well I got to work about 1 30 and my stuff had come! Yaaay so unpacked it and then mixed it up and did lucky dip bags. Simple pleasures eh? Lol.

But tim is being a massive dick. Already. Literally 5 mins after I walked in he started picking on me and winding me up. That man drives me crazy! Anyway 2pm till 10pm shift today so only a short one. Same tomorrow. Then friday and saturday are 5am/5pm shifts.

Packs
Toffee 1.35pm
Bar 3.15pm
Four cheese pasta 6.30pm (so rank :()
Choc shake 8pm
100g of cucumber to snack on before bed 9 30.

Water 4.5/4.5 litres 4 tsp of lemon spritz plus 2 black coffees and a multi vit.

Last edited:
Well I got to work about 1 30 and my stuff had come! Yaaay so unpacked it and then mixed it up and did lucky dip bags. Simple pleasures eh? Lol.

But tim is being a massive dick. Already. Literally 5 mins after I walked in he started picking on me and winding me up. That man drives me crazy! Anyway 2pm till 10pm shift today so only a short one. Same tomorrow. Then friday and saturday are 5am/5pm shifts.

Packs
Toffee 1.35pm
Bar 3.15pm
Four cheese pasta 6.30pm (so rank :()
Choc shake 8pm
100g of cucumber to snack on before bed 9 30.

Water 4.5/4.5 litres 4 tsp of lemon spritz plus 2 black coffees and a multi vit.

Day 1 done and dusted. Nearly hometime! Yaaaay! So tired tonight. Can't wait for bed.

I always read these diaries and think Oh nooo it's such a pity they ordered that! I hate to think of someone starting off with the worst packs and getting a really bad idea of the products because a lot of them are really nice! I love spag bol made with an oxo but I'm a bit of a salt fiend. Your tastes change so much on this, I went though an obsessive mushroom pasta stage then couldn't look at it but now I love it again!

It sounds like you're really in the right head space for this, it's so so exciting when new things start to fit and you feel your fitness and general health improve. I was 20st 5lb when I first started and my knees ached going up the stairs :( I took the scenic route though and kept coming off and messing around but this time I'm on it for my 100 days no matter what and we'll see what happens next. Any time you have a weak moment just think, it's usually only a matter of weeks before a non scale victory like someone complimenting your weight loss, something you loved fitting you again or being able to wear a new style you wouldn't have considered before. This stuff all happens much sooner than you'd think too!

So excited to see how you get on!

I always read these diaries and think Oh nooo it's such a pity they ordered that! I hate to think of someone starting off with the worst packs and getting a really bad idea of the products because a lot of them are really nice! I love spag bol made with an oxo but I'm a bit of a salt fiend. Your tastes change so much on this, I went though an obsessive mushroom pasta stage then couldn't look at it but now I love it again!

It sounds like you're really in the right head space for this, it's so so exciting when new things start to fit and you feel your fitness and general health improve. I was 20st 5lb when I first started and my knees ached going up the stairs :( I took the scenic route though and kept coming off and messing around but this time I'm on it for my 100 days no matter what and we'll see what happens next. Any time you have a weak moment just think, it's usually only a matter of weeks before a non scale victory like someone complimenting your weight loss, something you loved fitting you again or being able to wear a new style you wouldn't have considered before. This stuff all happens much sooner than you'd think too!

So excited to see how you get on!

What kind words. I have done sns before. But I didn't like the old cheesy pasta they did. But thought I'd give the new recipe a try. Still gross. Haha. Luckily I juat ordered the one! Lol. I've ordered mainly shakes vecause even though I have no sweet tooth at all as soon as I start sns its like I could eat every single sweet thing I see. I too am a salt fiend so I have to watch that.

I have alot of health conditions. None caused by my weight luckily but none of them are helped by it for sure. But I got the okay from my doctor many times to do sns. I'm lucky that she is supportive of me. And also I lose exceptionally fast on vlcds. The first time I ever did sns I lost over a stone my first week. I like vlcd as the weight falls off much faster because it's low carb which is great for my PCOS too and boosts my losses even further.

Oh I'm sticking with it come hell or high water. Even if I don't like something I will hold my nose and chug it down. Need to think of it as like a medicine not some delicious gourmet meal. Lol.

NSV's are the best! And the changes are so rapid on something like this they keep coming at an alarming rate. Which is great motivation!

I know I will do well this time. I can just sense it. I have a long road ahead. But that doesn't mean I have to put tonnes of pressure on myself to be perfect. Which is where I slip up. I have high expectations of myself. But I'm taking it hour by hour and day by day. X

Well day 2. And what a busy day! Was out running errands with a friend. Took a couple of bottkes of water with me and my shakes because I knew I woukd be out and about. My friend does Cambridge so I knew she woukd have her shaker and shakes with her too. So we did the errands. Had a shake whilst out then popped to hers for a water refill and a shaker clean and webt back out running more errands. Had another shake then I didn't end up having work as our driver had to take his boy to hospital so had dinner with her and my 3 babies. (I was their nanny for 8 years) and we discussed bakery plans with the kids and I sat and had my shake while we all chatted away about their day at school. Still got big kisses and cuddles off them even though they are teenagers now. Was a lovely day. I came home had my bar and got to work scrubbing my kitchen. Even though I wasn't hungry my mind was niggling me. But the smell of kitchen cleaner soon puts you off wanting to eat haha.

Packs

Strawberry shake 11.30
Vanilla shake 2.30
Choc shake 5.30
Bar 7.30

Water 4.25/4.5 5 tsp of lemon spritz and one glass of blackcurrant and cherry water from sainsburys and 1 coffee and a medium americano from costa.

Day 2 nailed ;-) bring on day 3!!

Well done on a brilliant day 2! Sounds like you had a lovely day, it's great you have someone on a similar diet! My friend is on this too and it's great support, I find other friends don't really get it especially the not being able to go for food socially etc.

The mind is definitely a tougher one to crack than the grumbly tummy I find but it's like a muscle and the more you say no to it the stronger it gets, it's described much better in the Beck diet solution but that's the jist of it!

Well done on a brilliant day 2! Sounds like you had a lovely day, it's great you have someone on a similar diet! My friend is on this too and it's great support, I find other friends don't really get it especially the not being able to go for food socially etc.

The mind is definitely a tougher one to crack than the grumbly tummy I find but it's like a muscle and the more you say no to it the stronger it gets, it's described much better in the Beck diet solution but that's the jist of it!

Yeah I've read becks book. And its true. The more I say 'I dont want it' rather than 'I cant have that' the more empowered I feel. I know its only day 2 but I'm really feeling in a great place at the moment. Long may it continue!

Morning everyone. Well I woke up this morning to find that I had gotten my period. My cycles have been so messed up for the last couple of months and it's really no surprise it has arrived now. It always does when I start a diet. Haha.

So I'm a little miffed as it really impacts my losses. But hopefully it should be gone by weigh day. Luckily mine don't last all that long.

I was supposed to be at work today. But I'm not needed so I have an extra day off! Gonna give my flat a big spring clean.

Also another bit if bad news is that the buyer for the bakery fell through. Which I guessed was going to happen. But we have a couple more lined up so all is not lost.

Here is to a good day 3!

Eveningggg!

Hope day 3 is treating you well! Oh there's Nothing worse than pre period, I turn into a ravenous, moody beast haha so I hope you're coping better than I would!

I have the coil now and for today for the first time ever it's really hurting me, I had to take pain killers and everything which I hate taking on a tfr. I wonder is it all the walking or am I just being weird. Or from weight loss, but surely that wouldn't affect it.

That's a pain about Tim bakery sale falling through, I've only got experience of buying my apartment and that was one of the most stressful times of my life even though it ran really smoothly, just the stress and the waiting and wondering. It'll be totally worth it in the end though, these things have a way of working out!

Eveningggg!

Hope day 3 is treating you well! Oh there's Nothing worse than pre period, I turn into a ravenous, moody beast haha so I hope you're coping better than I would!

I have the coil now and for today for the first time ever it's really hurting me, I had to take pain killers and everything which I hate taking on a tfr. I wonder is it all the walking or am I just being weird. Or from weight loss, but surely that wouldn't affect it.

That's a pain about Tim bakery sale falling through, I've only got experience of buying my apartment and that was one of the most stressful times of my life even though it ran really smoothly, just the stress and the waiting and wondering. It'll be totally worth it in the end though, these things have a way of working out!

Haha I'm not all that bad. I don't use contraceptives (I have no need to) so I'm lucky that I don't really get like a she devil because i dont have all those female hormones flying around haha. Plus all the testosterone in my system from my pcos helps to stop the moodiness too, but that's the only good thing about it! Lol.

Day 3 is going really well. Bit headachey but nothing paracetamol isn't keeping at bay. Just feeling the cold a little. Which is easily solved with a blanket. 3 packs down. Saving my other one for 9pm. Hopefully the K fairy will show her wonderful face tomorrow and make things go smoother and I won't have a rumbly tummy anymore. Haha.

Yeah it sucks. But it's not the end of the road. There are alot of people interested so won't be long before another offer comes in.

Haha sorry about the lack of update yesterday I fell asleep.

Day 3 went brill.

Packs
Shake choc
Shake vanilla
Shake choc
Bar. honey nougat

Water 4.25/4.5 multi vit and 3 tp of lemon spritz plus 500ml of flavoured water from sainsburys cherry and blackcurrant I think.

Today
Vanilla shake 11am
Choc shake 3pm
Chicken soup (holy **** it is amazing!) 7.30pm
Bar 9pm

Water crappy :( only 2.75/4.5 litres so far. Will have a little more before bed.

Spent most of the day scrubbing baking trays and was so busy at work that I kept forgetting.

So excited for day 5! My days have been quite smooth and just so busy with work but I'm afraid nothing exciting has happened. So pumped for weigh in!

Day 6

Well yesterday was a 3 pack day and I had a meal. 1 pork loin steak all fat cut off with stir fried cabbage and soy and 5 spice. Tasted amazing. Simple pleasures. Also drank 3.75 litres of water plus 750ml in shakes.

Got Bails staying with me till tuesday (I used to be his nanny for him and his brothers and sisters when they were little)

But I also have work today 2 till 10 and bails will be coming with. After all it is the holidays.

But dissapointed with my loss so far. It's not much. But my period is ending so hopefully the water I'm carrying will go by weigh in on wednesday. But the inches I've lost are really good even if the loss isn't great. And thats what counts.

Going back to my 4 pack day today. Here's to an awesome day for everyone!

Back