Sarah's on yet another road - still same destination - 50lb lost - 60 lb to go...

sarah-louise x

Silver Member
Hi,

Having been browsing this forum for a while I thought Id come join you all as I v seen some great success with you all, Im envious :)

Just a little intro about me. Im Sarah, Im 33 years old, almost 34!! Iv been on more diets than I can even mention, Iv tried them all at some point!! The most successful was WW old points system a few years back and then calorie counting with exercise more recent and how Iv lost my 49.5lb to date. Its taken me a long time to get that off but Im hopeful that with some dedication I can get the rest off in a more reasonable time. I dont have time to count points or calories so much now so im going to do the simply filling plan :) Im sure I can make this work for me around my 2 children and work. I work mainly evenings and weekends so it can be difficult planning round this, as I tend to start at 430pm so it is an awkward time :/ I want to be more active too so now the weather is nice I want to go out for alot more walks, regular swimming and try a few new things :) Excited to try out my new WW pedometer, being a new start I bought the Deluxe starter kit so Iv got everything I need to make this a success :)

I went to a brand new meeting this morning and had my starting weigh in . . . . Im currently 14st 11.5lb or 207.5lb. This means I have 60.5lb to lose to reach my goal of 10st 7lb or 147lb :)

So here goes......wish me luck :)

Sarah xx

Last edited:
Day 1 ...

B - 50g fruit n fibre with skimmed milk 5PP

Snack - small banana

L - 2 x ww bread with lean ham, salad, and a smear of low fat spread, followed by a ww yougurt - 2PP

Snack - Apple

D - 170g chicken breast with sliced onions and peppers, cooked with my olive oil daily allowence. Old el paso fajhita mix and some chopped tin tomatoes all made into chicken fajhitas, served with 1/4 pk of savoury rice - 4PP

Snack - 1/2 tin peaches with a ww yogurt - 1PP

Total PP - 12/49

I did intend making my own savoury rice with brown rice and vegetables but I didnt realise I had ran out :( But I shall get some, make my own and freeze it in ready to use portions :)

Iv been using my new weightwatchers pedometer today, so far iv only done 3838 steps but as I spent most of the day waiting for a repair man to come, thats not too bad, and the day is not yet over :)

So far, day one has gone well :) xx

hi sarah, welcome & good luck on the simply filling plan :) x

Thank you Sammi :)

Im currently on day 4 and so far its going great. Iv resisted temptation to hop on the scales so far so Im hoping I will hold out until sunday!

So over the last few days here is my menu...

Tuesday -

B- shredded wheat with skimmed milk
L - Ham salad and pickle sandwich
D- Home made chilli con carne on jacket potato with a side salad
Snacks - Low fat yogurt, sugar free jelly, 1/2 tin peaches, apple.
Total points used was 5

Wednesday -

B - shredded wheat with skimmed milk and a banana
L - ham salad and pikcle sandwich with a low fat yogurt
D - Home made chicken tikka with baby new potatoes and a side salad with 1 spoon of garlic and herb dip
Snacks - sugar free jelly with peaches, apple, 3 plums
Total points used 8

So that brings me to today.....

B - shredded wheat with chopped peaches and skimmed milk
L - Ham and pickle sandwich with salad and a low fat yogurt
D - Home made spaghetti bolognaise followed by a sugar free jelly and peaches
Total points for today- 3

Total points used so far 28/49

I hope everyone is having a good week :) xx

Last edited:
that all sounds good sarah ! not sure if ur pointing ur low fat yoghurts but only fat free ones are free :) x

that all sounds good sarah ! not sure if ur pointing ur low fat yoghurts but only fat free ones are free :) x

I am indeed pointing them, they are 1 point each as they are weight watchers yogurts :) so its all good :) I did however decide to have ham and not cheese so will edit that lol :) x

Last edited:
First weigh in....and iv lost 3.5lb :) So pleased!! And I changed to an evening weigh in so I didnt expect to have such loss as I started with morning meeting on first week!! :) x

Hi Sarah well Done on your loss!! Best feeling in the world, we have similar amount of weight to lose I've been on ww since last Sept and hav lost 62lbs so far and want another 40-50 off would love to be it buddie on here and support each other on our weight loss journey :) xx

Hiya,

Aw thank you! Yeah id love to buddy up :) Have you lost your 62lb with WW? I lost my 53lb with calorie counting but its taken a long time!! So I thought WW would give me better structure and discipline, and i must say, Ilove it! I dont feel like im missing out on anything at all on this :) When is your weigh day? Im Mondays but next week is bank holiday so Il go on Tuesday x

Yeah all on ww :), my weigh in day is a Friday I don't stay for the meetings all the time as I have my 2 yr old with me see o this is a great place for motivation and encouragement!! uve done amazing to lose all that on your own I cheat to much knowing that I don't have to be weighed by someone haha xx

Yeah all on ww :), my weigh in day is a Friday I don't stay for the meetings all the time as I have my 2 yr old with me see o this is a great place for motivation and encouragement!! uve done amazing to lose all that on your own I cheat to much knowing that I don't have to be weighed by someone haha xx

Yeah i have a 4 year old so it can be hard to stay for meeting if my eldest cant babysit, but i do enjoy the meetings :) I think doing it alone is why i have taken so long losing what i have. Im definately more focussed attending meetings. Do you have agoal time frame? For me, id love to reach goal for christmas, its certainly do-able :) x

Mine is also December ready for the party season and new dresses defiantly doable , I'm 31 in 7wks so I'm aiming to try and lose 10-14lb prolly a bit of a unrealistic challenge but I've just started circuit training twice week would never had gone to a class at my heaviest! even if it you feel like it has taken u ages it's still a massive achievement u should b so proud of yourself ! Onwards and upwards and slow an steady are my sayings haha xx

Hi,

Having been browsing this forum for a while I thought Id come join you all as I v seen some great success with you all, Im envious :)

Just a little intro about me. Im Sarah, Im 33 years old, almost 34!! Iv been on more diets than I can even mention, Iv tried them all at some point!! The most successful was WW old points system a few years back and then calorie counting with exercise more recent and how Iv lost my 49.5lb to date. Its taken me a long time to get that off but Im hopeful that with some dedication I can get the rest off in a more reasonable time. I dont have time to count points or calories so much now so im going to do the simply filling plan :) Im sure I can make this work for me around my 2 children and work. I work mainly evenings and weekends so it can be difficult planning round this, as I tend to start at 430pm so it is an awkward time :/ I want to be more active too so now the weather is nice I want to go out for alot more walks, regular swimming and try a few new things :) Excited to try out my new WW pedometer, being a new start I bought the Deluxe starter kit so Iv got everything I need to make this a success :)

I went to a brand new meeting this morning and had my starting weigh in . . . . Im currently 14st 11.5lb or 207.5lb. This means I have 60.5lb to lose to reach my goal of 10st 7lb or 147lb :)

So here goes......wish me luck :)

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah, Pleased to meet you :) Looking forward to reading about your journey. X

Hi Sarah, Pleased to meet you :) Looking forward to reading about your journey. X

Hi Serena,

Thank you for the warm welcome :) Lovely to meet you too :) How are you finding propoints? x

Mine is also December ready for the party season and new dresses defiantly doable , I'm 31 in 7wks so I'm aiming to try and lose 10-14lb prolly a bit of a unrealistic challenge but I've just started circuit training twice week would never had gone to a class at my heaviest! even if it you feel like it has taken u ages it's still a massive achievement u should b so proud of yourself ! Onwards and upwards and slow an steady are my sayings haha xx

wow circuit training is great!! good for you! Im 34 in August, id love to get down to a size 14 if i can :) x

Hi Serena,

Thank you for the warm welcome :) Lovely to meet you too :) How are you finding propoints? x

I will probably regret saying this but I'm finding it really easy! I have been 100% on dailies for the 5 days and not used my Weeklies. I feel so much fuller even though I know I'm eating so much less than I was Pre-Friday, must just be eating the right things! Roll on Friday to see if the scales reflect the Plan! X PS-Did you see that I have a diary on here? X

I will probably regret saying this but I'm finding it really easy! I have been 100% on dailies for the 5 days and not used my Weeklies. I feel so much fuller even though I know I'm eating so much less than I was Pre-Friday, must just be eating the right things! Roll on Friday to see if the scales reflect the Plan! X PS-Did you see that I have a diary on here? X

Yeah Ifeel like that too!! I cant wait to see how you get on with your first weigh in :) No, iv not seen your diary yet, il go find it now tho as would love to subscribe :) xx

Yeah Ifeel like that too!! I cant wait to see how you get on with your first weigh in :) No, iv not seen your diary yet, il go find it now tho as would love to subscribe :) xx

If you can't find it let me know and I will send you a link x

Hi,

Sorry for delay in updating, its been a really hectic few weeks with one thing or another and my internet is still broken, AOL cant seem to find the problem :(

I have not lost or gained at all, which can only be a good thing as I have now started injections which puts me through the menopause!! Its to hopefully treat severe hormonal migraines which I get 1-14 days a month, so fingers crossed it works :)

I have been told these injections could make weight loss difficult so I will be working extra hard to limit this. Im starting weight training on alternate days and interval training on the other days but for sundays, this will be my rest day :)

Iv settled into the WW plan well now so Im hopeful that with the extra working out, I will start making progress on actual weightloss. My new BF has commented that he thinks my figure has changed recently and firmed up a bit so Im sure Im doing ok, despite the lack of weightloss on the scale :)

I hope your all doing great, Il be back on later for a proper catch up :) xx

Hi,

Sorry for delay in updating, its been a really hectic few weeks with one thing or another and my internet is still broken, AOL cant seem to find the problem :(

I have not lost or gained at all, which can only be a good thing as I have now started injections which puts me through the menopause!! Its to hopefully treat severe hormonal migraines which I get 1-14 days a month, so fingers crossed it works :)

I have been told these injections could make weight loss difficult so I will be working extra hard to limit this. Im starting weight training on alternate days and interval training on the other days but for sundays, this will be my rest day :)

Iv settled into the WW plan well now so Im hopeful that with the extra working out, I will start making progress on actual weightloss. My new BF has commented that he thinks my figure has changed recently and firmed up a bit so Im sure Im doing ok, despite the lack of weightloss on the scale :)

I hope your all doing great, Il be back on later for a proper catch up :) xx

Hey Sweetie :) Good Luck with your Injections, not a nice thing to have to go through but fingers crossed they will make things better for you. X Look forward to your updates. X

Back