Sarah's Quest to be a Yummy Mummy

Well it's 2am and here I am wide awake!
I've had a headache which has been there on and off for about 5 days and I'd just had enough, so I ended up going o bed with Bella at 7.30 and we were both asleep by 8. She's been pretty good - only woen up about 3 times but I gave her a feed at 12.30 and haven't been able to sleep since, so I've shifted myself down to the sofa with a hot water bottle and a milky decaf coffee.

Just hope I'm rested enough for tomorrow (or rather today!), we're dropping Bella off at the MILs and spending the day in Cardiff, shopping and having lunch at hubby's fave Portuguese restaurant. We're then staying wit his mum and coming back Sunday after dinner. Will be lovely having a weekend I don't have to cook and having extra hands to look after the baby! I'll be having SW friendly food at her house but can't say the same about the restaurant...

Right to finish off my coffee and try and get to sleep!

Just tried one of the coconut Greek muller lights. One word - amazing!
Thanks for tip love coconut - will have to hide in fridge lol!

Friday 20th April - not sure what day I'm going to have...

Breakfast:
WM toast with tinned tomatoes (HEXB)

Lunch:
Tomato pasta in a mug

Dinner:
Nothing - went to bed at 7.30

Snacks/syns:
2 x coffees (HEXA or syns)
Almond cake at cafe - 15syns???
Choc monster attack - milkybar, kitkat and timeout :-(
Sarah - don't be sad about your choc attack - I had a big bar of wholenut last night - I think you needed a blowout!!

Well it's 2am and here I am wide awake!
I've had a headache which has been there on and off for about 5 days and I'd just had enough, so I ended up going o bed with Bella at 7.30 and we were both asleep by 8. She's been pretty good - only woen up about 3 times but I gave her a feed at 12.30 and haven't been able to sleep since, so I've shifted myself down to the sofa with a hot water bottle and a milky decaf coffee.

Just hope I'm rested enough for tomorrow (or rather today!), we're dropping Bella off at the MILs and spending the day in Cardiff, shopping and having lunch at hubby's fave Portuguese restaurant. We're then staying wit his mum and coming back Sunday after dinner. Will be lovely having a weekend I don't have to cook and having extra hands to look after the baby! I'll be having SW friendly food at her house but can't say the same about the restaurant...

Right to finish off my coffee and try and get to sleep!
Sarah -I am so glad you are having a day off being "mummy" we all need them - I was horrified when someone suggested we had some "couple" or "me" time and when I did allow her to spend time at grandparents I missed her horrendously and would cry until she finally came home and then I would be racked with guilt for sending her away...sad I know...now we have Noah I beg people to take them pmsl!

Have a fab day, take some headache tablets, shop, eat, drink, be in love, have a fantastic nights sleep, maybe a bit of body magic (ahem!), forget Slimming World and start again Monday

ENJOY YOURSELF!!!! am v jealous, big hug, lots of love donna x

Had a FAB weekend. Apart from feeling rough as anything Saturday!

Saturday ended up having no breakfast as madly trying to get everything packed for our ONE night away with Bella.
Dropped her off at MILs then went into Cardiff - had a lovely lunch of grilled sardines followed by pork espetada (skewered kebab hung over your table from hooks on the ceiling and rubbed in garlic butter), with a Portuguese olive salad. Sounds not so bad... Until pud which was a ferrero rocher pudding. Basically a 2 layered mousse which tasted just like a ferrero rocher mmm. Had half a bottle of wine too.

Then we decided to have some cocktails in a cuban rum bar mmm. Trouble is my lingering headache was refusing to shift nd I think we were both so overtired we could have just done with sleeping!
when we got ack MIL had cooked a very SW friendly duo meal of prawn biriani and lemon cous cous with veg yummy. Then she kindly offered to have Bella in with her overnight which meant we actually had the best nights sleep in god knows how long!

Had a good day today - syn free cooked brekkie, then an almost syn free beef dinner (with the exception of one yorkie and a splash of gravy).

Hoping for that half lb off tomorrow for my half stone...

Well 1lb off this week. I'm pleased with this as haven't exactly been an angel this week :)

Right going to try really hard this week as we're going away next week so I need to enforce damage limitation! Although at the same time we'll be eating through the fridge/freezer to save buying stuff in, so might not be that imaginative!

sarah83 said:
Well 1lb off this week. I'm pleased with this as haven't exactly been an angel this week :)

Right going to try really hard this week as we're going away next week so I need to enforce damage limitation! Although at the same time we'll be eating through the fridge/freezer to save buying stuff in, so might not be that imaginative!

well done u yummy mummy!!!!

so glad u had good weekend and a good nights sleep. has your headache cleared? hope so

dont mention freezers, mine is jammed but 30% is non slimming world.

have great week. where u off to next week somewhere lovely i hope

xxx

Thanks honey. Headache still there, but improved massively so I definitely think sleep helped! Going to make an appointment to have my blood pressure tested if it carries on, as worryingly it's coincided with me starting to take my pill again.

We're off to pontins brean sands for 4 nights - only one of those sun £9.50 hols. Looking forward to it but hoping Bella's ok as she does have a tendency to play up on days out. We'll see.

Monday 23rd April - extra easy

Breakfast:
WM toast (HEXB) with beans and spread - 1 syn

Lunch:
Tomato & herb pasta n sauce with added onion, mixed frozen veg and mixed peppers

Dinner:
Spaghetti bolognese
Cheese (part HEXA)

Snacks/syns:
Coffees x3 - part HEXA
hmmm... 2 kitkats, 2 timeouts, 3 glasses wine, a piece of almond cake

Total syns: too many

Last edited:
Just making myself a little note of which recipes I want to try from Pete's recipe thread:

Page 1:
Macaroni cheese
Baked bean and ham lasagne
Jamaican rice and peas
Thai fish cakes

Page 2:
Yuk sung
Thai green chicken curry
Chicken biriani

Page 3:
Slow cooker sausage and beans
Slow cooker goulash
Instant mash sausage rolls
Meat pasties
Leek & potato pie
Corned beef and mash pie

Page 4:
Diet coke bacon
Samosas
Pakoras
Baked egg custards

Page 7:
Instant mash pie
Sausage and bacon casserole

Page 11:
Piri Piri chicken

Page 12:
Shahi murgh

Page 15:
Chicken lemon and honey roast

Page 18:
Asian pork cakes and noodles
Peanut curry

Page 20:
Mustard chicken Piri Piri and mushroom

Page 23:
Spinach and mushroom cannelloni

Page 25:
Herb chicken

Page 26:
Chicken korma

Hmm wasn't a good girl yesterday with chocolate and wine. On the plus side all meals were on plan and I could quite happily have gone for a takeaway or bought something in town for lunch. So I'm pleased about that.

We're going swimming after our baby club today so that'll be a bit of body magic!

Anyway... Today:

Tuesday 24th April - extra easy

Breakfast:
None

Lunch:
Sweet potato and leek quiche from slimming eats (minus britmums bacon) (3/4 HEXA)

Dinner:
Sausage (2), beans and SW chips, with broccoli for my superfree

Syns/snacks
2 x coffees - rest of HEXA
Mugshot
2 glasses wine
A few crackers and cheese - aargh

Total syns:

Last edited:
Well done on all your losses.

God we all need days off from the kiddies just it feel normal and not a mummy all the time.lol unfortunately doesn't happen very often now we have 3 children. As always hear to get someone to have 3.lol

Glad you had a lovely weekend.

Have a good week.x

Thanks juicylucy!
1 baby is enough can't imagine coping with 3 kids - think all my hair would fall out lol!

Aargh self sabotage again yesterday, although we did go swimming so hopefully that counteracted some of it.

Bring on today - my head is in the right place (I think!)

Wednesday 25th April - extra easy

Breakfast:
WM toast (HEXB)
'fried' egg and spread - 1.5syns

Lunch:
Pasta, onion, peppers, tomato and half (HEXA cheese

Dinner:
Griddled chicken marinated in lemon and garlic served with crushed pots with a few syns on olive oil and 'fried' mushrooms - 2 syns

Snack/syns:
Coffees (part HEXA)
Banana
LF sausage 1 syn
Muller Greek - 0.5syns
Glass wine 5 syns

Total syns: 10 syns

Last edited:
Thursday 26th April - green

Breakfast:
Boiled egg with WM toast (HEXB) soldiers and spread - 1.5syns

Lunch:
??

Dinner:
Pasta with pesto, green beans and new potatoes (adapted from a delia cheats recipe)
Part HEXA for Parmesan

Snacks/syns:
Part HEXA for milk in coffees

Total syns:

Thanks honey. Headache still there, but improved massively so I definitely think sleep helped! Going to make an appointment to have my blood pressure tested if it carries on, as worryingly it's coincided with me starting to take my pill again.

We're off to pontins brean sands for 4 nights - only one of those sun £9.50 hols. Looking forward to it but hoping Bella's ok as she does have a tendency to play up on days out. We'll see.
How's the headaches Sarah? did you get your blood pressure checked? i have that implant now as i suffered really bad on the pill got to say i hardly ever think about it and I rarely have periods (even better!)

Have a fab weekend x

Just making myself a little note of which recipes I want to try from Pete's recipe thread:

Page 1:
Macaroni cheese
Baked bean and ham lasagne
Jamaican rice and peas
Thai fish cakes

Page 2:
Yuk sung
Thai green chicken curry
Chicken biriani

Page 3:
Slow cooker sausage and beans
Slow cooker goulash
Instant mash sausage rolls
Meat pasties
Leek & potato pie
Corned beef and mash pie

Page 4:
Diet coke bacon
Samosas
Pakoras
Baked egg custards

Page 7:
Instant mash pie
Sausage and bacon casserole

Page 11:
Piri Piri chicken

Page 12:
Shahi murgh

Page 15:
Chicken lemon and honey roast

Page 18:
Asian pork cakes and noodles
Peanut curry

Page 20:
Mustard chicken Piri Piri and mushroom

Page 23:
Spinach and mushroom cannelloni

Page 25:
Herb chicken

Page 26:
Chicken korma
I so want to do this - how did you find time?

I tell you my hairs turning grey literally.lol.xxx
LOL! Juicylucy - me too!

Dinner:
Pasta with pesto, green beans and new potatoes (adapted from a delia cheats recipe)
Part HEXA for Parmesan

Snacks/syns:
Part HEXA for milk in coffees

Total syns:
Sarah dinner sounds lovely may I have the recipe please?

kettle.jpg

Sorry for absence!
Well after an appalling last week I managed to somehow lose 1lb. Although I did more exercise than I've done in a long time including swimming with Bella and my first session of buggyfit - Christ it was hard work and I was aching afterwards so it's got to be good! I bought a block of 12 sessions!

Monday to Friday this week we've been away on our first holiday , only a sun holiday to pontins brean sands but we had a fab time and Bella loved it and slept SO well! Shame to be back really. I didn't stick to plan on holiday although we didn't eat extraordinarily badly and did loads of walking. So I'm trying to be good now today and tomorrow to try and counteract the damage!

Donna - recipe is just to cook your pasta as directed then when there's 8 mins left on the timer, add some sliced new potatoes (about the width of 50p), and some green beans, each cut into 3. When it's all cooked, drain off leaving a bit of the water and add pesto (3.5 syns a tbsp)

Saturday 5th May - extra easy

Brunch:
ham, tomato & cheese omelette (part HEXA)

Dinner:
Pete's sausage and bacon casserole with rice - 2 syns
M&S fruit jelly terrine - 4 syns

Snacks/syns:
Coffees (part HEXA)
Ham & tomato sandwich - HEXB & 1 syn
About 2/3 bottle red wine... To tip tip tip me over

Last edited:
Just had petes sausage and bacon casserole, with added carrot and kidney beans instead of cannellini, using tesco healthy living Cumberland sausages at 1 syn each. Was delish and hubby loved it! It's on pg.7 of his stickie recipe thread.

Tomorrow I'm going to try Lauries chicken, cheese and sausagemeat cake with the leftover bacon and sausages. Yumyum

Sorry for absence!
Well after an appalling last week I managed to somehow lose 1lb. Although I did more exercise than I've done in a long time including swimming with Bella and my first session of buggyfit - Christ it was hard work and I was aching afterwards so it's got to be good! I bought a block of 12 sessions!

Monday to Friday this week we've been away on our first holiday , only a sun holiday to pontins brean sands but we had a fab time and Bella loved it and slept SO well! Shame to be back really. I didn't stick to plan on holiday although we didn't eat extraordinarily badly and did loads of walking. So I'm trying to be good now today and tomorrow to try and counteract the damage!

Donna - recipe is just to cook your pasta as directed then when there's 8 mins left on the timer, add some sliced new potatoes (about the width of 50p), and some green beans, each cut into 3. When it's all cooked, drain off leaving a bit of the water and add pesto (3.5 syns a tbsp)
Well done on the loss Sarah - and on holiday too that's like a stone off in my mind! Glad you had fab hols and that the lovely Bella slept so well you must all feel so relaxed. Its supposed to be a dry sunny/cloudy day here with chance of brief showers - we had planned a visit to our local GYM park - so draw back curtains its very grey and extremely wet - not happy!

Saturday 5th May - extra easy

Brunch:
ham, tomato & cheese omelette (part HEXA)

Dinner:
Pete's sausage and bacon casserole with rice - 2 syns

Snacks/syns:
Coffees (part HEXA)
Ham & tomato sandwich - HEXB & 1 syn
Brilliant Sarah - right back on track!

Just had petes sausage and bacon casserole, with added carrot and kidney beans instead of cannellini, using tesco healthy living Cumberland sausages at 1 syn each. Was delish and hubby loved it! It's on pg.7 of his stickie recipe thread.

Tomorrow I'm going to try Lauries chicken, cheese and sausagemeat cake with the leftover bacon and sausages. Yumyum
Glad you have said its yummy - my kids don't like sausage casserole - which is really bizarre

CHICKEN CAKE - OMG ITS THE BEST!!!! don't overload plates with poatoes etc cos it is really filling

My weigh in was pre-holiday so don't get excited, will weigh in Monday to see how much damage I've done...
And I wasn't so saintly afterwards yesterday - although all my meals were on plan, I did drink about 2/3 of a bottle of red wine. We'll see anyway.

Chickencake I'm either serving with salad or roasted veg, or both!

No idea what the plan is today, might see if hubby wants to go swimming when he gets up!
Then tomorrow MIL is picking up the baby first thing, we're going to finish plasterboarding Bella's room ready for it finally to be plastered, then we're going to enjoy our anniversary - 6 years married and 10 years together. Haven't quite decided what to do yet though as the weather forecast is pretty yucky.

Forgot to say I've got an interview thursday, it's for the sainsburys opening about 5mins from my house. Would be perfect but it's 16 hours at a very low wage, and we may need to pay for 1 afternoon of childcare so I'm not convinced its worth it... Hoping some of the other jobs I've gone for pull through - they're a much better salary

Back