Sarah's Quest to be a Yummy Mummy

How was yor diet coke chicken. I'm making it tonight for the first time.x

It was nice, but I was a tad disappointed with the flavour, just seemed a bit bland, it needed more or different seasoning. I added passata as well as the diet coke - and the consistency was really ice.

Bad bad day today... Wine and pizza :-(

Sunday 15th April - mix2max

Breakfast (red):
WM roll (HEXB)
2 x tesco RF Cumberland sausages - 2 syns
Onion chutney

Lunch (green):
Spaghetti with a passata sauce with cheese(HEXA)

Dinner (red):
Beef casserole in slow cooker with Schwartz sachet (syns tbc depends on servings)
Hasselback potatoes (HEXB) and roasted carrots

Snacks/syns:
Red wine

Total syns:

Hi Sarah, not sure if you will remember me or not, but you were a great pal/support when I was last here esp when my Mum was diagnosed with cancer.

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter, love her name.

Hope you are enjoying motherhood.

I have finally rejoined after Mum's successful battle against cancer, shot up to 18 stone (feel sick just thinking about it!) with all the comfort eating..hey ho, just had a lovely day reading my diaries...forgotten how much i enjoyed the diet

Lots of love, donna x

Welcome back honey, lovely to 'see' you!
Fantastic news about your mum, how is she doing now?
Don't worry - with your motivation I'm sure the weight will just drop off, are you starting back on slimming world? Xxx

It really is fab but I'm struggling a bit with the lack of sleep! Bella really isn't a great sleeper, she's usually up every 1-2 hours in the night, meaning she usually ends up in bed with us to give us some sleep and is a bad napper too... So that's what we're working through at the moment!

Pleased to report a 2lb loss on week 2!

I know some people reading this will think I'm a bit of a fraud as I haven't stuck to plan 100% through the week, but for me I want slimming world to fit into my life meaning my losses will be slower but I'll be happier!

This week obstacles will be hubbies birthday weds, I'll be cooking him a nice meal which I'll hopefully be able to minimise the syns on, unless I make dessert which will be a different story!
Also Saturday we're going to Cardiff for the day while MIL has Bella. We're going to hubbies fave Portuguese restaurant for lunch then staying round her house for the night, so we'll see how I can stick to plan then!

Going to do a tesco home delivery for weds so want to trawl through new recipes to try

Monday 16th April - red

Breakfast:
Ham & tomato omelette

Lunch:
WM roll (HEXB) with cheese (HEXA), pickled onions and light salad cream - 1 syn

Dinner:
Madame la minx's salt and chilli chicken and chips (HEXB)

Snacks/syns:
3 coffees & glass of milk - HEXA
Piece of homemade cake - 12 syns ish will work out properly later

Total syns: 13

Last edited:
It really is fab but I'm struggling a bit with the lack of sleep! Bella really isn't a great sleeper, she's usually up every 1-2 hours in the night, meaning she usually ends up in bed with us to give us some sleep and is a bad napper too... So that's what we're working through at the moment!

Pleased to report a 2lb loss on week 2!

I know some people reading this will think I'm a bit of a fraud as I haven't stuck to plan 100% through the week, but for me I want slimming world to fit into my life meaning my losses will be slower but I'll be happier!

This week obstacles will be hubbies birthday weds, I'll be cooking him a nice meal which I'll hopefully be able to minimise the syns on, unless I make dessert which will be a different story!
Also Saturday we're going to Cardiff for the day while MIL has Bella. We're going to hubbies fave Portuguese restaurant for lunch then staying round her house for the night, so we'll see how I can stick to plan then!

Going to do a tesco home delivery for weds so want to trawl through new recipes to try
Congratulations on your weight loss - that's fab!

We co-shared with Megan until she was almost 3, people thought we were mad - but unless you are sleep deprived you cannot judge as far as I am concerned, if the 3 of you sleep well together carry on - I found sorting the morning nap was the key to improving their sleep pattern - have you ever read the Gina Ford book? I used it for both of mine - not religiously but just to find a routine that suited my babies (if that makes sense)

Monday 16th April - red

Breakfast:
Ham & tomato omelette

Lunch:
WM roll (HEXB) with cheese (HEXA), pickled onions and light salad cream - 1 syn

Dinner:
Madame la minx's salt and chilli chicken and chips (HEXB)

Snacks/syns:
2 coffees - HEXA

Total syns:

On dinner sounds yum - where will I find recipe?

You are not a fraud - we all have occasions and hurdles - the important thing is we don't use the odd celebration/hurdle to fall off the track (like I did lol!)

Last edited:
The recipe is on the recipes thread. It was nice but WAY too spicy. Used 1.5 birds eye chillies which in hindsight was too much. Also chips were kinda ruined as Bella had one of her worst nights sleep ever!
Started with her first nappy leaking through, then about half hour after I'd changed her she had a dirty nappy so I changed her again, then there were some roadworks going on which were literally making the house shake, so she just wouldn't get to sleep. Once I went to bed with her at 10 (she's usually down by 7), she was then up every 1.5-2 hours until 5.45 when she ha a feed and wouldn't go back to sleep.

Needless to say I'm exhausted, and on coffee no.2 when I'm not even normally up yet!

Not read Gina Ford. Currently trying Elizabeth Pantley's no cry sleep solution. It's working in some ways - our bedtime routine is much calmer now which is great, and I'm using her tips to improve nap time, but so far it's not helping those night time wakenings... Baby steps and all that though!

Tuesday 17th April - green

Breakfast:
Apple, banana

Lunch:
Pasta, mixed veg, cheese (HEXA)

Dinner:
2 x WM roll (HEXB x2), beans, egg and spread - 2.5 syns

Snacks/ syns:
Coffees (HEXA)
Mango

Last edited:
Photo of my princess getting messy eating bits from mummy's lunch

Attachments

• image-2062820697.jpg
    image-2062820697.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 49
She's 27 weeks now, been on solids since 18 weeks - and that was because he wasn't sleeping. After weaning her she slept through for 5 nights then the fun started again! Although she wasn't as bad as this...

Not looking forward to going to bed tonight... She's been up at least once an hour since we put her to bed. Let's hope she enters deeper sleep and gives us some sleep!

Ok so I had a bit of a naughty day yesterday for hubby's birthday. Basically:

Breakfast: none
Lunch: M&S fish sushi (prob 1 syn ish)
Dinner: tesco finest meal deal - chicken and gruyere pie, pea and mint mash, then strawberry cheesecake. Also had 2 glasses of wine and a hot choc in the pub

On the plus side Bella had a bit of a better night last night, I probably ended up getting about 7 hours sleep, with her waking about 5 times. That's a vast improvement on the 4.5 hours the night before

Thursday 19th April - green

Breakfast:
WM toast (HEXB) and spread - 1 syn
Scrambled eggs & syn free onion chutney

Lunch:
Pasta, mixed veg, cheese (HEXA)

Dinner:
Pasta mixed with cheese bisto, leeks, peas - 2.5syns
Topped with RF cheddar (HEXA)

Snacks/syns:
Coffees x 1 (HEXA1) rest used in cheese sauce
Muller Greek - 0.5syns
Thai mugshot - 0.5syns
Wine - 7 syns

Total syns: 11.5syns

Last edited:
Just tried one of the coconut Greek muller lights. One word - amazing!

Friday 20th April - not sure what day I'm going to have...

Breakfast:
WM toast with tinned tomatoes (HEXB)

Lunch:
Tomato pasta in a mug

Dinner:
Nothing - went to bed at 7.30

Snacks/syns:
2 x coffees (HEXA or syns)
Almond cake at cafe - 15syns???
Choc monster attack - milkybar, kitkat and timeout :-(

Last edited:
Back