Sarah's Quest to be a Yummy Mummy

Sarah - what on earth did you do to your wrist?

Hope the antibiotics work soon, I have had to have anti-b this week, chest infection kicked in on monday

I really really really admire your fishy weeks but I just couldnt stick to it

Good luck with weigh in you deserve a good result!

What are you doing over the long weekend?

Sorry about going AWOL. Not had a good couple of weeks diet wise, yet somehow I'm down 2.5lbs. Undeserved I might add.

Last week we went to the isle of wight to visit my dad and grandma and that was lovely - flew by though.
Also I've gone back to being a zombie - Bella slept really badly while we were away and now she's got a cold so hasn't been any better since we got back - she was up pretty much every hour last night. Nothing a shower and a coffee can't sort out though!

So I have decided I have a new strategy which hopefully I'll be able to stick to. I know weekends and wine are my weak points so my plan is:
- No wine mon-fri (although I'm sure there will be exceptions!)
- a maximum or 25 syns mon-fri (5 a day)
- then relax the rules on the weekend

I know this means I won't lose very quickly but I honestly think this is the only way the plan will fit into my life, and hopefully will stop me having blow outs as I know I've got the weekend coming up. I'll still keep loosely to plan on the weekend but will allow myself treats.

Now my chest is almost better I'm hoping to get back to buggyfit Friday as well.

Monday 18th June - extra easy

Breakfast:
'fried' egg sandwich with ketchup - 0.5syns & HEXB

Lunch:
Savoury rice with added onion, pepper and frozen mixed veg

Dinner:
Prawn and chorizo speedy paella type dish from bbcgoodfood recipe - 2.5syns

Snacks:
3 x coffees - HEXA

Total syns: well I kind of finished off the bottle of red with a small glass and had some choc... So not the best start

Last edited:
Tuesday 19th June - extra easy

Breakfast:
Omelette with tomato, onion, pepper, new pots and cheese (half HEXA)

Lunch:
Mixed salad with pickles, leftover savoury rice from yesterday, turkey and EL mayo (0.5 syns)

Dinner:
Steak marinaded in red wine from delia recipe - 1.5syns
New pots, carrots, green beans, peas

Snacks/syns:
Coffees - half HEXA

Last edited:
My lunch (salad is hiding underneath everything else!):

Attachments

• image-1662790707.jpg
    image-1662790707.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 33
Hi Sarah,

Have just been reading through your food diary and have really enjoyed it! I am a Mummy of a 13 month old boy and fitting slimming world in with a baby is hard work.
You have done great so far!
xx

beattie_ems said:
Hi Sarah,

Have just been reading through your food diary and have really enjoyed it! I am a Mummy of a 13 month old boy and fitting slimming world in with a baby is hard work.
You have done great so far!
xx

Hi honey,

It is hard work you're right!
The thing I find hardest is finding the time to plan - if I don't plan that's when I start to veer off course. I just need to get myself back in the swing of it!
Are you working as well? I'm looking for work after being made redundant and I've no idea how I'll be able to cope working as well when I do find something!

donnajt said:
Hi Sarah - sorry have been missing in action - meg has fractured her knee and I am at her beck and call its driving me nuts lol!!! Hope all is well, catch up now I am back xxx

Hope meg is feeling ok honey, well done for getting back on track xx

Well all my good intentions last week went down the drain... I think I was still in holiday mode.
Needless to say I didn't stick to plan, although had some lovely meals which were SW friendly which I'll try again.

I need to get back in the habit of planning again, and although I haven't done a full plan for this week, I do have one in my head and I need to write it down. I'll probably post it on here.

Very pleased with my frugal use of a chicken.

One large chicken - £4.15 from aldi has made:
Roast dinner last night
Chicken cous cous for 2 for lunch today
Probably a chicken and bacon pasta dish and then there May be enough left to do a chicken and chorizo fried rice
The carcass has been cooked with a load of veggies to make a soup. I've got to pick through it all to remove e bones, then blitz it up and finish it off. Reckon I've made 6 portions

So chicken, chicken and more chicken this week!

Hope you've all had a good weekend x

Monday 25th June... Starting AGAIN!

Breakfast:
Cheesy veggie scrambled eggs (half HEXA)

Lunch:
Chicken and salad bits with couscous - 1 syn

Dinner:
Chicken soup
Bread - HEXB

Snacks/syns:
Coffees x 3 - half HEXA
Total 0% mixed with 3/4 of a pack of orange options - 1.5syns

Total syns: 2.5

Last edited:
Very pleased with my frugal use of a chicken.

One large chicken - £4.15 from aldi has made:
Roast dinner last night
Chicken cous cous for 2 for lunch today
Probably a chicken and bacon pasta dish and then there May be enough left to do a chicken and chorizo fried rice
The carcass has been cooked with a load of veggies to make a soup. I've got to pick through it all to remove e bones, then blitz it up and finish it off. Reckon I've made 6 portions

So chicken, chicken and more chicken this week!

Hope you've all had a good weekend x

I am so impressed, I cooked a chicken last night and when I went to strip the carcass...somebody had beaten me to it!!!

Today's lunch, couscous mixed with chicken and carrot with salad bits,

No idea on syns though, it's aldi lemon and coriander couscous... Will have to have a search

Attachments

• image-880114870.jpg
    image-880114870.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 30
Soup was gorgeous, I made 8 portions!
I will from now on always be making a chicken soup out of a chicken carcass... And I thought I didn't even like chicken soup!

Tuesday 26th June

Breakfast:
Strawberries wi sweetener and total 0%

Lunch:
Salmon salad

Dinner:
Pasta bake with chicken, bacon, mushrooms and a spicy tomato sauce
RF cheddar- part HEXA

Snacks/syns:
Coffees x 3 - part HEXA
Hmm a cupcake....

Last edited:
Wednesday 27th June

Breakfast:
'Fried' egg sandwich (HEXB)
Ketchup - 0.5 syns

Lunch:
Leftover pasta from last night - part HHEXA

Dinner:
Fried rice with veggies, chicken and chorizo

Snacks/ syns:
Coffees x 3 - part HEXA

It wasn't meant to be a pasta bake, just turned out that way...

Basically I 'fried' bacon, garlic, mushrooms. Added passata with a touch of sweetener and balsamic. Added seasoning and herbs, let it simmer for about 10mins, then added chicken and sweetcorn to warm through. Added a load of pasta, topped with cheese, and baked. Only for about 15mins til the cheese melted.

It was nice but if I'd been eating it on my own I would have added peppers and probably synned a few olives (hubby likes neither!)

Back