Sarah's Ramblings.... 2011!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting - Diaries' started by xsarahx, 11 January 2011 Social URL.

1. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Sorry I haven't been around for ages - I have been in Oz! I finally got to go and visit my brother which was so amazing, I had the best time!

We did lots of exercise, loads of walking, swimming etc, but we ate out lots and I didn't make great choices - it was the holiday of a lifetime and I treated myself! I didn't drink much which was bonus!

So, the damage was going from 14 stone 3 lbs to 15 stone. However, that is from 25 November, and I left for Oz on 13 December, and had eaten quite badly up until then.... so for 1.5 months, I think 10lbs isn't too bad, and I think if I stick at it, it shouldn't take long for that to disappear.

I always knew that being heavier does take control of your life in your thoughts sometimes, but it did so much qhilst I was over there. I am not confident in my body really... I have loads of pretty dresses but wear them with tights, but I took them all and mostly wore them bare legged (once I had a tan!) and found yself to be more confident.

I hated being seen in a bikini and I did my best to not let people see me in it - rushing from the sea to the sand and from the pool to inside! However, I was more confident than I had been before I lost the weight!

One thing that really hit me was when we went to the theme parks. Back in April when I started this new me with healthy eating, it began because I wouldn't fit on a ride at Alton Towers. I thought that 3 stone down, I would be confident enough to give rides another go, however I was terrified. I wasn't terrified of the rides, but of being told I couldn't fit in, and so I didn't go on a lot of them. I was pleasantly surprised that I did actually fit on them!

So...... that was quite long in the end!

I have come back to uni with a really good attitude - I am ready to get back on the saddle!

I have a 5k run in April and so I am going to train for this - might not seem like much but I haven't run in years!

Also, I want to do a charity skydive and I want to be a healthy weight for that!

So, I am going to catch up with everyone's posts now, but I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

Hello sarah nice to see you again. Atleast you are back to get back on track.

Have a good day x

4. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks Shanny!

B: none
    L: wholemeal muffin, 30g Philadelphia Garlic and Herbs, 2 slices of ham, a tbsp potato salad, beetroot and quavers (373)

5. lindseydodd408

lindseydodd408 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.7%)
    Diet:
    Myfitnesspal/low carb
    Welcome back Sarah, glad you had a great time in Oz, you'll get back to where you were in no time!!! x

6. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I was bad the first two days - great start! Being back at uni hasn't helped!

Today:

B: cereal and milk (250) pathetic amount of cereal for the calories!!!

7. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    God I have lost it already!

Back at uni and had 3 nights out.... followed by 3 days of binging.

We have all decided to have one night out a week - I hope we stick to it. So, from tomorrow I start a fresh.

I have gotten rid of all the bad food in my fridge, and to save money too, I plan to make a menu that I will stick to.

I am going back home tomorrow and my Mum is taking me out for dinner - not a good start but I can't be too strict on myself or this is just not going to happen.

Encouragement is needed - I'm gonna do this!!

8. lindseydodd408

lindseydodd408 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.7%)
    Diet:
    Myfitnesspal/low carb
    COME ON SARAH!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! x

9. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    you can do it! stay strong!

10. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks!
    Woke up today feeling positive!

Cupboards and fridge are full of only healthy food. Home today for two nights and will have to make do for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow, but should be OK for the rest.

Am looking forward to being back on track!

11. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Good start...

Wasn't going to have breakfast as thought I would get up late but got up earlier than I thought I would.

B: toasted muffin, 10g spread, Marmite (195)

I have a PE lesson at Uni today but as it is aimed at teaching primary children, I'm sure it isn't going to be hugely energetic!

Not sure what to have for lunch - probably a wrap, which will be 270, and some crisps which will be 91.

Dinner is probably going to be sharing some nachos with my Mum but if I keep this lunch low then that should be fine. Plus I'll be doing quite a bit of walking today I think.

I am going on a school trip to the Eden Project tomorrow so should be doing lots of walking around there too.

12. kas getting slimmer

kas getting slimmer Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st1lb(18.78%)
    Diet:
    Low Cal
    Sounds like you had a fabulous time in Oz, it's definately a place on my to do list for the future probably when the kids leave home and they're only 2.5 and 4 lol. The 10lbs will be gone in no time. You were doing brilliantly last year and you know you can do it again :)

Hope you have a nice dinner with your mum :)

13. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks!

Up to 650 cals so far today. Had a wrap, beetroot and crisps for lunch and a yoghurt after.

Nachos tonight will be, over estimating as I am sharing, 800, so even then that is only 1450.

14. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

This is better sarah.. keep going x

15. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    And I failed.....AGAIN!

I went back home. Mum got an Indian in, and I ate like a pig purely because at uni I don't have big, filling meals, and definitely not takeaways, and so it was a luxury.

The next day I did loads of walking, but Dad got in fish and chips. So I ended up on a complete chocolate/sweets binge - really bad.

I am so desperate to lose the rest of this weight, but uni is killing me. I got back yesterday with really good intentions but we ended up going out.

Today, I am confident I can have a good day, but then I remember that I am being taken for lunch tomorrow and going out tomorrow night for someone's birthday and I get really disheartened.

At home, as I stopped going out so much, I found the diet so much easier, but here at uni, the temptation of going out and drinking (I can't do it and not drink) is too much, and I never just stick to vodka either.

In a way, I can't wait for Summer when I'll be back home and working and not able to go out!

I guess the way I need to see it is that I can have a night out, as long as I am good for the day leading up to it, and the day after. At the moment, as soon as I realise I'm going out, I will ruin the rest of the day.

My confidence is going, and I need to sort this out now.

So, I can't be 100% all the time - I'm at uni and I think I would be asking too much of myself to try to do that. But, I am going to try my hardest to be 100% when I can, and then my nights out can be treats!

16. SammiBeth

SammiBeth Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.8%)
    Keep going Sarah! If you've managed to lose that much so far, I'm sure that you CAN do it!!

17. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know what uni is like for ruining a diet but mine is from stress or as a distraction from having to do work i dont want to do. Mines not even going out drinking, i get invited but dont go as im so self conscious of how i look, which makes me sad, which makes me eat. Its all such a viscous circle!
    Just do the best you can x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    :(

Mine is both drinking, and just sometimes sitting in my room having a binge. I actually eat healthy meals as I don't want my flatmates to look at my meals and think "well that is why she is overweight"! But then I just eat extra in my room for the sake of it - not even hungry!

But I am going to be different now - I need to save money too - no more chocolate and biscuits!

I am about to go through my cupboards and plan my meals for the next few weeks - I hope it will help!

20. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck! :)

21. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting

B: none
    L: ham and cream cheese wrap with loads of salad, beetroot, baked crisps and a low fat yoghurt (468)

Really pleased with today so far.

Am not really sure how many calories to aim for. Apparently by BMR is 1788, so I am aiming for around 1200 I think. I won't be annoyed if I go over 1500 though - I am being realistic due to being at uni.

22. kas getting slimmer

kas getting slimmer Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st1lb(18.78%)
    Diet:
    Low Cal
    You'll get back on track you've done it once, you can do it again :)

Today is sounding good :)

Keep at it and keep thinking of those nice summer dresses :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.