• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Saturday evening splurge - Spanish Orange Cake

I have just made this. Its in the oven as we speak. It was very easy although i have not made the syrup as I had no arrowroot.

But looks and smells lush.

Fingers crossed its as yummy as it smells. Don't know what i am going to serve it with though. I shall be good and only have one small....'ish piece :p

I shall report back when its cooked and cooled and devoured! :)

I made this to make me feel better and take my mind off work cos i am soooooooper stressed at the mo. Must be better than trying valium.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I'm not sure it will be pretty enough for photos but we shall see.
I have just taken it out of the oven and it is cooling. Torture. It smells yummy. :drool:

Now i suppose i could have it with some low fat custard.....hmmmm

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Looks lovely. Whats it taste like?

It tasted quite nice actually. Not quite as light and fluffy as i would prefer for a sponge cake but not half bad. My hubby loved it.

I'm going to freeze some pieces and defrost a piece each day for work.

I am hoping this will stop me reaching for something else bad cos i am struggling at the mo tbh.

I made this last week during the snowy days when I was craving cake! I didn't have arrowroot either, but made a syrup using squeezed oranges and sweetener and reducing it down. Oh...it was LUSH! The cake is really simple to make and IMO the syrup really makes it. It's more like a dessert cake than a traditional sponge - it's dense, not light and the syrup is great as it really makes it moist and sticky.

I thought 12 was a bit stingy, so I cut it into 8 instead lol!

Nice to see someone else liked it too :)

Oh wow that looks lovely and I'm not even a sweet tooth! Might try it for my family tho just so I can taste a bit!

Wendy

Log into lifeline online and go to the ‘eat and slim’ section (the green tab) and it’s the featured recipe that comes up – before you click through to the calculator or recipe archive.
HTH?