Extra Easy Days Sausages vs bread

Squares76

Firstly only having one hex B a day is driving me bonkers. A nimble sized sarnie just isn't filling me up!

So, today I had a normal sized sarnie and thought sod it i'll syn the other slice of bread. 4.5 syns??? The same as the sausages in my casserole tonight!! How does that work?

The sausages will be mostly free with a small syn allowance as they are meat based (as long as you re on original or ee) .

Bread, however, has no free food allowance and so works out at 1 syn per 20 calories.

I don't see how you can compare, bread is bread... it doesn't have any free food allowance so is higher than something like a sausage which has meat as a free food

Makes sense. I was just surprised that they were the same value. Next time I'll stick to the sausages!!

Firstly only having one hex B a day is driving me bonkers. A nimble sized sarnie just isn't filling me up!

So, today I had a normal sized sarnie and thought sod it i'll syn the other slice of bread. 4.5 syns??? The same as the sausages in my casserole tonight!! How does that work?

If you want two a and two b choices you could always do a red or green day for a change. Youre allowed up to 2 choices a and 2 choices b on those plans :)

is your bread wholmeal? If so, I would weigh the two slices and see how much more than 60g it is. A HExB is worth approx 6syns, so I would work out 10g of wholemeal as 1 syn and just syn the extra.

Some loaves can be quite stingy on the width of their slices so you might be surprised at how few extra syns you need to count.

is your bread wholmeal? If so, I would weigh the two slices and see how much more than 60g it is. A HExB is worth approx 6syns, so I would work out 10g of wholemeal as 1 syn and just syn the extra.

Some loaves can be quite stingy on the width of their slices so you might be surprised at how few extra syns you need to count.

I did this this morning Supergirl, weighed 2 slices of Hovis wholemeal and it came to 64g so I just counted 1/2 syn for the extra. Not that it matters as I've just inhaled a box of thorntons chocolates:break_diet: but that's a whole other thread!

Oh that's a really good idea! Thank you. I used to do green/red days which is why I'm used being able to have 2 x hex and quick and easy lunches are what I'm struggling with, if I could just have a 'normal' sandwich it wouldn't feel to bad. I'm going to get weighing tomorrow!

It worked hoorah! Bacon sandwich for 2syns inc butter (lurpak lightest) thanks for the idea.

so you can have this as your HE?? its pretty much a normal size and personally, i wouldnt feel i was having anything different to my OH when making his sandwich..good news! :D x

Yep its great isn't it :) I think it tastes lovely as well... and even better only 50p a loaf

Yep its great isn't it :) I think it tastes lovely as well... and even better only 50p a loaf

yep...its ideal. i have bought this a few times (pre sw) and it does the trick. its a better price than 80p for a tiny one which doesnt always get used - especially if i'm the only one having it and maybe not using it everyday.
great stuff folks....its one to remember ;) x

Oh that's a really good idea! Thank you. I used to do green/red days which is why I'm used being able to have 2 x hex and quick and easy lunches are what I'm struggling with, if I could just have a 'normal' sandwich it wouldn't feel to bad. I'm going to get weighing tomorrow!

Only ee is actively promoted. However, as a devotee of red and green plans, and got to target on them and still at target after 12 months on them, I can vouch that they still work and can indeed be more flexible than ee, especially with healthy extras. Also on a green plan you could have even more cheese as a b choice as well if you wanted. Just read your books and it will all become clear. :)

Red and green plan deffo work, I do mostly green and got my 4st award before Christmas.

i never think of weighing my bread, I just buy the small 400g kingsmill and have 2 slices, maybe I should start shopping at morrisons lol

Only ee is actively promoted. However, as a devotee of red and green plans, and got to target on them and still at target after 12 months on them, I can vouch that they still work and can indeed be more flexible than ee, especially with healthy extras. Also on a green plan you could have even more cheese as a b choice as well if you wanted. Just read your books and it will all become clear. :)
i'm new but planning on doing green and EE.
i did green yesterday and EE today and can say already, that it was such a bonus having the additional HE's - i think as long as you plan well enough for your meal, it would be a win win situation (for me anyway) :D x

Last edited:
The sausages will be mostly free with a small syn allowance as they are meat based (as long as you re on original or ee) .

Bread, however, has no free food allowance and so works out at 1 syn per 20 calories.

Sausages are high syn they are not mostly Free well the butchers style ones i buy arent even with the pork allowance the last pack i got were 5 syns each

Sausages are high syn they are not mostly Free well the butchers style ones i buy arent even with the pork allowance the last pack i got were 5 syns each

Tesco light choices Cumberland sausages are 1 syn each and the weight watchers sausages are 0.5 syn each.

If you go for a sausage with a higher fat content then it will be higher in syns as is everything on Slimming World.

Sainsburys be good to yourself Cumberland sausages are only 0.5 syns each too.

Not all sausages are high in syns its a case of looking around to find the low synned ones x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back