Sausages

The 2010 directory is now out of date. The sausages are on the website:

Eat Smart Pork Sausages, 40% Less Fat, 16 pack, frozen, 57g each 3
Eat Smart Thick Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each ½
Eat Smart Cumberland Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each ½
Eat Smart, Pork Chipolata Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 10 pack, chilled, 40g each ½

Old Quorn sausages (the free ones)

Are still available in Lidl and are on offer until Wednesday at 99p for a box of 6. I bought 6 boxes yesterday to stock up LOL. Just thought I'd let everyone know as I have stopped buying the new ones after they made them 1 syn.
Hope this is useful to someone,
Annaxx

eek! what what? quorn sausages are 1 syn each?

new the ones in a bag not box???

ive been munching them freely..
urghh i got frezzer draw stuffed full of them thought was bargain for 8 :cry:

lol just updated free + syn books from 2006 to 2011 to.. lots have changed these books bang upto date consultant says .. grrr!!

She is right. 1 syn each!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

Attachments

• image-3808481104.jpg
    image-3808481104.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 126
lol just updated free + syn books from 2006 to 2011 to.. lots have changed these books bang upto date consultant says .. grrr!!

Sorry but your consultant has misled you .. the books are out-of-date pretty much before they even hit the classes as syn values change all the time. These books are now more than 6 months old so you can bet there are lots of out-of-date things in it.

confused - how can smart price sausages be only 0.5 syn if 76cal?

i thought the rule was 20cals is approx 1 syn...i am not complaining just getting confused as to how some things are so low syned with those calories whilst others would be higher?

Because on red/EE meat counts as free food - so the 1/2 a syn is for the fat or whatever else is in the sausage that's NOT free.

brilliant ermintrude, thanks for clearing that up for me...will look forward to some tomorrow for brekkie x

Sausages never cease to amaze me!

I bought some Sainsburys Taste the Difference range:

12 Ultimate Outdoor Bred Pork Chipolatas (Made with 97% pork)

Per sausage:

78kcal
fat: 6.0g
sat fat 2.2g
sugars: 0.1g
salt: 0.36g

Guess how many syns? Go on!!!

2.5 !!!! Mad isn't it! Mince beef (low fat is counted as less than 5% I believe) is free and I get penalised 2.5 syns for a teeny weeny chipolata!!! :confused:

Mince beef (low fat is counted as less than 5% I believe) is free and I get penalised 2.5 syns for a teeny weeny chipolata!!! :confused:

No, extra lean is less than 5% but lean can be anything up to 20% fat and pork is one of the fattier meats to begin with. Accordng to the info you posted there are 6g of fat in every sausage so you are probably talking about 10%+ fat. I don't think 2.5 is too bad actually - most of the premium ones are much higher.

No, extra lean is less than 5% but lean can be anything up to 20% fat and pork is one of the fattier meats to begin with. Accordng to the info you posted there are 6g of fat in every sausage so you are probably talking about 10%+ fat. I don't think 2.5 is too bad actually - most of the premium ones are much higher.

Yeah I know. It's the 97% pork which makes it sound deceiving ... grrr!

But that "97% pork" could be anything - not necessarily lean meat.

The 1 syn per 20 calories rule only works for things which have no free food allowance at all. And even then it is only a rough guide.

tesco sausages

hi guys wondered if anyone can help me having trouble finding how many syns tesco value pork sausages are 20 pack frozen anybody help :confused: be much appreciated thanks

clair :):)

hey jackie oops lol suppose you gota make a mistake to learn but think i might have just got away wiv it :) thanks so much for your help xxx

hey jackie oops lol suppose you gota make a mistake to learn but think i might have just got away wiv it :) thanks so much for your help xxx

Its your first day :) We all make mistakes believe me. I tend not to bother with sausages but have bacon (cut all fat off), mushrooms, egg, beans, tomatoes, and sometime use my HEXB for a slice of toast.

I know some sausages are low syns so worth looking into if you like them :)

I know the morrisons Eat Smart sausages are 0.5 syns from the chiller but no so sure on "Smart price" which ill be asdas cheapo sausages which I would imagine are full of fat!

Eat Smart Cumberland Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each ½

Back