Sausages

Homemade Sausages!

Having just received my first order of Joe's Sausages today, it is a rather odd thing to do to buy your own mincer/sausage stuffer, but I have!

Cannot wait for delivery to make my own wierd and wonderful creations!

And all syn-free!

Vegetarian sausages

Does anyone know if there are any syn free veggie sausages about now that the quorn ones arnt syne free?..... ta x

There have been a number of threads about this if you do a search I believe though the answer is no there aren't

Thats next on my gadget list! Could you let me know once you have used it roughy how much meat it takes to make one sausage please?
Purely because we tend to go for green days so the meat would have to be a he portion... Am interested to see if a he portion would make more than one sausage ( greed taking over, maybe I will make chipolatas then will get more lol)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just ordered it off the internet, its the Breville AWT one. It has some really awful reviews and some really good ones too, so I am keeping an open mind. They are about £90.

I am going to have a go at making some chickpea and mushroom sausages too, which I assume will be syn-free still, as I'm not using the chickpeas instead of flour etc. I have a friend who is veggie, so I'm hoping to wow her with my sausages (?!)...............

Yep, OH was not too happy about it, but then when we received out order of syn-free sausages from Joe's, we were surprised by how many additives are still in them, including rusk etc. They were only 80% meat.........homemade ones will be more like 95% meat, 4% onion and 1% spices.

I managed to persuade him by reasoning that it's only the same cost as 2 Joe's orders.......just need to find sausage skins now!

Yep, OH was not too happy about it, but then when we received out order of syn-free sausages from Joe's, we were surprised by how many additives are still in them, including rusk etc. They were only 80% meat.........homemade ones will be more like 95% meat, 4% onion and 1% spices.

I managed to persuade him by reasoning that it's only the same cost as 2 Joe's orders.......just need to find sausage skins now!

I looked at Joe's but couldn't order them, as it would be way to much for me on my own, as hubby is a coeliac, and as you say, they contain gluten, and my children will only eat certain sausages occassionally!

Okay, so have ordered some sausage skins............they look, er, interesting!

But the bigger question is - do you think they're syn free?

They're 'natural' ones - extra small hog casings. Yum.

Er, note to self - don't use hog casings for the vegetarian sausages!

How stupid am I! Now I shall have to buy some extra ones just for that. Doh!

Hi there

Sausage making, kits, herbs, spices, mincers, casings, skins - Designasausage.com

Is a great place for sausage making kit...
I have had my mincer/sausage maker for about 5 years now and it is great.. mine is a "shark" one but Im not sure if they have it on that site anymore.

One tip I will give is that when you make your mix -cook a small piece in a dry frying pan so you can test the seasoning -ooh and allow for the flavour developing slightly as the stand in the fridge/freezer.

I have a great American book that is just sausage recipes :D -the "breakfast sausage " is a fave -the thing I REALLY want next is an electric smoker so i can make chorizo etc mmmmm

Can't beat home made sausages :D

Hi there

Sausage making, kits, herbs, spices, mincers, casings, skins - Designasausage.com

Is a great place for sausage making kit...
I have had my mincer/sausage maker for about 5 years now and it is great.. mine is a "shark" one but Im not sure if they have it on that site anymore.

One tip I will give is that when you make your mix -cook a small piece in a dry frying pan so you can test the seasoning -ooh and allow for the flavour developing slightly as the stand in the fridge/freezer.

I have a great American book that is just sausage recipes :D -the "breakfast sausage " is a fave -the thing I REALLY want next is an electric smoker so i can make chorizo etc mmmmm

Can't beat home made sausages :D

i ahve to just had a sausage making book given and the recipes sound so nice theres even seafood sausages now i can't wait to try out lobster sausages! nom nom xx

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a decent low syn sausage (not quorn) I have a tesco/morrisons/marks and spencers near me.

Thank you :) x

The low fat ranges e.g. be good to yourself, light choices sausages tend to be 0.5-1 syn per sausage.

Morrisons low fat range sausages are 0.5 syns
Tescos light choices sausages are 1 syn each.

xx

Back