Sausages

Oh, didn't see your second post. Thats them, thanks so much for your help x

Hi can anyone help me - I am new to this! I have tried to find out the syn value for Rankin outdoor bred pork sausages and also Ashfield butchers choice pork sausages. I Can find lots of others but not these! Many thanks.

These are the only Rankin ones listed and there is nothing under Ashfield

Irish Pork Sausages, 400g pack, chilled , 67g each 5½

If you post the nutritional info someone can work out the syns for you

Thank you. It gives NI for 100g as
Rankin. Ashfield

241 kcal. 216
14.9g protein. 13.5
3.9g carbs - 1.8 of which sugars. . 7.3 . . 1.9
18.7g fat- 5.9g of which sats. 14.7 . . . 5.5
1.5 fibre. 1.1
0.57g sodium. 0.46
1.4g salt. Salt equivalent 1.17

Hope this is the info needed as like I said . . . . Very new to all of this but need 2 loose 2 stone by Aug!

Oh no . . . . . Rankin is 4.6 and Ashfield is 3.6 per sausage! I take it u should round the syns up. Bought them thinking they were better having a high meat content!!
Many thanks for your help . . . . Don't think I will have any 4 my brunch 2day! Lol !

Meat content isn't all that matters though - it can say 99% pork but that just means it's 99% from anywhere on the pig's body, it doesn't mean 99% lean meat with no visible fat. I could tell they were fairly high just by looking at the fat content - the Rankin one is nearly 20% fat :(

Thank you for your help . . . Think I have a lot to learn!
Which sausages would you recommend.

I'd recommend the Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself Cumberland Sausages. They're only 0.5 Syns each and they are delicious. I never even really liked sausages that much until I tried these ones!

Typical . . . . Got every shop but Sainsburys! But thank you for your help.

I think Weight Watchers sausages are only half a syn too (you can get them in Asda)... but don't quote me on that as I've never had them - maybe someone could confirm it? Don't know whether they're nice or not though! Sorry... not much help! Haha

If you like vegetarian sausages I know a lot of people say Linda McCartney Rosemary and Red Onion Frozen sausages are nice... and they're the only syn free sausages at the moment I believe.

WW Sausages are really nice! its the 8 pk that are 0.5 each still, and the rosmary and onion veggy sausages are quite nice to, taste more like paxo stuffing tho lol x

sorry: weight watchers sausages pack of 8 from asda - does anyone know these syns as well x x

Oooh I'll have to take a trip to Morrisons for the WW sausages as my local Tesco doesn't sell them.

Couple of Syns for a nice cooked brekkie at tea time is brill. Thanks everyone xx

Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself are lovely and even my OH likes them which is a miracle as he used to be a butcher and is rather choosy!

Back