Save Lennox

_Gizmo_

Silver Member
Not sure if people have heard about Lennox but the more people know about his case, the better.

In May 2010, Lennox, a 5 year old American Bull dog x labrador was seized by Belfast County Council for looking like a pit bull. He's done nothing wrong and noone had ever complained about him.

Lennox acts as a therapy dog to the familys 11 year old daughter who is disabled and is now missing her best friend.

He has now been sentenced to death after a court case a couple of days ago. His family are now appealing against this.

The family have done everything to comply with the law and even have a licence for Lennox from the council.

Personally I think the Dangerous Dog Act should be scrapped, or at least changed. Any dog can be dangerous. Most of the nicest dogs I have met are the 'dangerous' breeds, especially staffies. Most of the dogs I've had problems with are jack russells, poodles, yorkies and lhasa apsos. It just depends on how animals are treated and trained.

If you would like to find out more about Lennox, please visit: www.savelennox.co.uk

There is also a petition to help him: www.savelennoxpetition.co.uk

Please help if you can.

Thanks =)

What a sad, sad story!
Have signed the petition - hope this lovely family manage to get Lennox back!
xxx

The video appeal almost made me cry (not afraid to admit it). As the owner of two staffies (not listed on Dangerous Dog Act, by the way) i get so angry how at the breed is portrayed and would be heart broken to have either of them taken from me.

The BS legislation is a joke and I gladly signed the petition (also linked it to my facebook page).

Back